ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NAPCAR

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
Got to love it.

Sleep 3 hrs after they drop the green flag and wake up to see a rookie I’ve never heard of beat 3 older guys I don’t even care for. It’s what makes the sport unique.

And the fact the grandstand seats 100,000 and its empty makes me think my wild dreams during the race aren’t so wild after all!

Nascar. A circular sport. Not a fan since the day Earnhardt Sr. hit the wall at Daytona. Have not watched a race since.

All star napcar
4 left turns every 15 or so seconds at Bristol
Got to love it when I got socks and underwear older than the race leader (and his Daddy was better as well).
And this stage racing is about as logical as the level system in the Heavens Gate Cult about 25 years back
another 15 laps and I’ll sleep like a baby

Is that like Longmire?
I know that show got cancelled but it was half good

Napcar lost lots of its style or lack there of by changing what they were to what they are

I agree with what you said earlier about the loss of 3
There were other factors that have really hurt the sport
1. Announcers matter. In the 90s you had multiple networks and multiple good announce teams. Mike Joy, Ned Jarrett, and Ken Squire anchored CBS and the Daytona 500. You had Benny Parsons, Jack Arute, and Ned Jarrett with Dr Jerry Punch in the pits providing great insight on ESPN. You had Mike Joy, Buddy Baker, and Glenn Jarrett on TNN. Fox for near 2 decades used Mike Joy, Daryl Waltrip who was horrible, and Larry McReynolds who doesn’t have the personality despite having the knowledge. NBC/TNT had Alan Bestwick and others who were just as bad As fox.
2. The racing now is boring. How many 1.5 mile super speedways does a schedule need?
3. Too many races now. They ran 29 races in 1990 plus an all star event . Now they run 38 plus an all star event and the season average attendance at less tracks and smaller capacities was greater 30 years back cause they sold out. See Supply and Demand. I guess dumping 4 races in N Carolina (Rockingham & N Wilkesboro) and 1 Rockingham race wasn’t a smart business move for races in Chicago, Vegas, Kansas, and California.
4. The multi car teams (4 and more) has killed competition and made less rivalries. 2 car teams should be the limit.
5. Out of #4. There’s no real aggressive driving or heated aggressive driving . I remember the first Daytona 500 ended with Cale Yarborough fighting both Donnie and Bobby Allison in turn 3. They’d never allow that today. It gave the fans a hero and a villain

there’s other reasons (playoffs, point scoring, etc) but that above was 5 good reasons that are management decisions about the product and why a lot of fans quit caring as opposed to 20-30 years back.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Is that like Longmire?
I know that show got cancelled but it was half good

Napcar lost lots of its style or lack there of by changing what they were to what they are

I agree with what you said earlier about the loss of 3
There were other factors that have really hurt the sport
1. Announcers matter. In the 90s you had multiple networks and multiple good announce teams. Mike Joy, Ned Jarrett, and Ken Squire anchored CBS and the Daytona 500. You had Benny Parsons, Jack Arute, and Ned Jarrett with Dr Jerry Punch in the pits providing great insight on ESPN. You had Mike Joy, Buddy Baker, and Glenn Jarrett on TNN. Fox for near 2 decades used Mike Joy, Daryl Waltrip who was horrible, and Larry McReynolds who doesn’t have the personality despite having the knowledge. NBC/TNT had Alan Bestwick and others who were just as bad As fox.
2. The racing now is boring. How many 1.5 mile super speedways does a schedule need?
3. Too many races now. They ran 29 races in 1990 plus an all star event . Now they run 38 plus an all star event and the season average attendance at less tracks and smaller capacities was greater 30 years back cause they sold out. See Supply and Demand. I guess dumping 4 races in N Carolina (Rockingham & N Wilkesboro) and 1 Rockingham race wasn’t a smart business move for races in Chicago, Vegas, Kansas, and California.
4. The multi car teams (4 and more) has killed competition and made less rivalries. 2 car teams should be the limit.
5. Out of #4. There’s no real aggressive driving or heated aggressive driving . I remember the first Daytona 500 ended with Cale Yarborough fighting both Donnie and Bobby Allison in turn 3. They’d never allow that today. It gave the fans a hero and a villain

there’s other reasons (playoffs, point scoring, etc) but that above was 5 good reasons that are management decisions about the product and why a lot of fans quit caring as opposed to 20-30 years back.

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/lone-star-law/about

Lone Star Law is a TV show about Texas Game Wardens who protect the Lone Star State's natural resources and police its 27 million citizens. This elite force patrols and protects more than a quarter million square miles.

The show you are thinking about is Yellowstone. Starring Kevin Costner.

Premise. Yellowstone follows "the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. The ranch is under constant attack by those it borders—land developers, an Indian reservation, and United States of America's first national park.

ADVERTISEMENT