ADVERTISEMENT

OT London/Ireland

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Off to Europe next week for my annual golf trip. This year we’re doing an itinerary starting in London with 3 boomers!!! Then down to Ireland for two monsters.

London/UK
Sunnydale
Walton Heath
Swinley Forest

Ireland
Old Head
Hogs Head

I won’t be able to give updates because Rivals doesn’t provide international service so I’ll give a recap for golf lovers when I get back.

Off to Europe next week for my annual golf trip. This year we’re doing an itinerary starting in London with 3 boomers!!! Then down to Ireland for two monsters.

London/UK
Sunnydale
Walton Heath
Swinley Forest

Ireland
Old Head
Hogs Head

I won’t be able to give updates because Rivals doesn’t provide international service so I’ll give a recap for golf lovers when I get back.
It is the internet, Greg. It works in Europe.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If that is the case Greg. You should move there full time. A lot of golf courses there and maybe they would like your humour much more over there...

LOL, I have been to Europe and I have been on Rivals there. It takes advanced technical training that is not available at some of the more overrated Universities. What is up with the dumb blonde routine anyway?

If that is the case Greg. You should move there full time. A lot of golf courses there and maybe they would like your humour much more over there...

Why are you in this thread. Thought you wanted a 30 day break haha. You can’t quit me puppet boy.

LOL, I have been to Europe and I have been on Rivals there. It takes advanced technical training that is not available at some of the more overrated Universities. What is up with the dumb blonde routine anyway?

You’re wrong pal. No international sign in. I’ve looked for you in the Brewery Threads on Lot. You’re nowhere to be seen haha. One guy even gave you a shot and trolled you. What’s up? You to busy here with your handles?

I lived in Europe for 11 years and my wife's family is in Ireland and England and have visited many times since moving back to the USA. Yes, you have access to Rivals and anything else on the internet from there. You just need to use a VPN or smart proxy. Not rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You’re wrong pal. No international sign in. I’ve looked for you in the Brewery Threads on Lot. You’re nowhere to be seen haha. One guy even gave you a shot and trolled you. What’s up? You to busy here with your handles?
I have one handle and you are not on the lot. You really cannot be this stupid can you about the internet?

4 Ways To Get WiFi In Europe

Get an international/global plan for Europe with your provider
Use Free WiFi hotspots in Hotels, Cafes and restaurants in Europe
Buy a European Prepaid Sim Card
Rent a Pocket WiFi for Europ

It is now easier and cheaper to get wifi in Europe and abroad than it used to be. You just need to know your options.

Nowadays, every traveler needs his smartphone/tablet/laptop. Getting the internet abroad is a top priority. For some users, it will be for staying in touch with family. For others, it will be to kill time during long transfers browsing Facebook or use maps if you get lost.

https://www.my-webspot.com/blog/stay-connected-get-wifi-europe/

https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/how-to-get-online-when-travelling-away/

Advantages of using your mobile provider: If your provider supports roaming at no or minimal cost in the destination you are visiting, this can be the easiest and most cost-effective way to get online with minimum cost and effort.

Disadvantages of using your mobile provider: Even if your provider supports it, speeds may not be as fast as you would get with the other solutions below, due to throttling by your provider.

Just use WiFi for Internet Access
If all the above sounds like a lot of work, and you don’t think you really need to be online every minute of the day, then our suggestion would be just to use free WiFi networks as you go.

In many countries around the world you can find free WiFi all over the place. In the UK for example, most restaurants, bars, museums and many public spaces as well as public transport operators offer easy, hassle free connections.

The same can be said for the US and much of Europe. Reliable locations to find WiFi include McDonalds, Starbucks, and many others. Your hotel or lodging will nearly always include free WiFi as well – thankfully we’re almost past the days when hotels feel they can charge for WiFi access.

Advantages of using WiFi: This definitely one of the easiest option for internet access when traveling, because all you have to do is disable your phones data roaming and then just find WiFi as you go. It’s also the cheapest option, and WiFi is usually faster than mobile data in many cases. If you don’t urgently need the internet at every waking moment, this is a great option.

Disdvantages of using WiFi: WiFi is not yet ubiquitous, so you won’t be online all the time. There are also some security risks to using unsecured wireless networks, so you are likely still going to have to pay for a VPN.

VPN - virtual private network

I worked in Telecommunications / Networking / Information Services for 40 years. If you want to know when it all began look it up. Telecommunications began in prehistoric times with smoke signals, drum beats and Horns.

I have one handle and you are not on the lot. You really cannot be this stupid can you about the internet?

Puppet I’ve challenged you several times and you dodge the challenge. I’m on Lot and you’re not. And you are such a loser that you have multiple handles on you home board. You’re weird.

4 Ways To Get WiFi In Europe

Get an international/global plan for Europe with your provider
Use Free WiFi hotspots in Hotels, Cafes and restaurants in Europe
Buy a European Prepaid Sim Card
Rent a Pocket WiFi for Europ

It is now easier and cheaper to get wifi in Europe and abroad than it used to be. You just need to know your options.

Nowadays, every traveler needs his smartphone/tablet/laptop. Getting the internet abroad is a top priority. For some users, it will be for staying in touch with family. For others, it will be to kill time during long transfers browsing Facebook or use maps if you get lost.

https://www.my-webspot.com/blog/stay-connected-get-wifi-europe/

https://www.findingtheuniverse.com/how-to-get-online-when-travelling-away/

Advantages of using your mobile provider: If your provider supports roaming at no or minimal cost in the destination you are visiting, this can be the easiest and most cost-effective way to get online with minimum cost and effort.

Disadvantages of using your mobile provider: Even if your provider supports it, speeds may not be as fast as you would get with the other solutions below, due to throttling by your provider.

Just use WiFi for Internet Access
If all the above sounds like a lot of work, and you don’t think you really need to be online every minute of the day, then our suggestion would be just to use free WiFi networks as you go.

In many countries around the world you can find free WiFi all over the place. In the UK for example, most restaurants, bars, museums and many public spaces as well as public transport operators offer easy, hassle free connections.

The same can be said for the US and much of Europe. Reliable locations to find WiFi include McDonalds, Starbucks, and many others. Your hotel or lodging will nearly always include free WiFi as well – thankfully we’re almost past the days when hotels feel they can charge for WiFi access.

Advantages of using WiFi: This definitely one of the easiest option for internet access when traveling, because all you have to do is disable your phones data roaming and then just find WiFi as you go. It’s also the cheapest option, and WiFi is usually faster than mobile data in many cases. If you don’t urgently need the internet at every waking moment, this is a great option.

Disdvantages of using WiFi: WiFi is not yet ubiquitous, so you won’t be online all the time. There are also some security risks to using unsecured wireless networks, so you are likely still going to have to pay for a VPN.

VPN - virtual private network

I worked in Telecommunications / Networking / Information Services for 40 years. If you want to know when it all began look it up. Telecommunications began in prehistoric times with smoke signals, drum beats and Horns.

Thank you!

Puppet I’ve challenged you several times and you dodge the challenge. I’m on Lot and you’re not. And you are such a loser that you have multiple handles on you home board. You’re weird.
I have been real busy at work and in life. Over the last two weeks, I have landed almost two years worth of work. (Got to love this economy.) I go to Scotland in two weeks and will hike 96 miles. I get back and leave 6 days later to do a self guided back country elk and mule deer hunt at 12,000 ft. At 57, I have to train my ass off so I can carry my meat back to the truck. Put in a two hour work out (strength) this morning followed by a site meeting. Tomorrow, the dogs and I will hit the AT at 6 am for a quick 5 mile endurance ruck (70 lbs of sand on my back) followed by another client meeting and a marketing event till 9 pm. If you tag me, I will get a notification otherwise I will miss your challenge. I don't read every OT thread on the "lot". I forget you like to give it but have thin skin when someone gives it back. Just having fun with you Greg. Seriously though, enjoy your golf outing. Sounds like fun if you are into golf. Curious what other handles you mistakenly think are mine.

I have been real busy at work and in life. Over the last two weeks, I have landed almost two years worth of work. (Got to love this economy.) I go to Scotland in two weeks and will hike 96 miles. I get back and leave 6 days later to do a self guided back country elk and mule deer hunt at 12,000 ft. At 57, I have to train my ass off so I can carry my meat back to the truck. Put in a two hour work out (strength) this morning followed by a site meeting. Tomorrow, the dogs and I will hit the AT at 6 am for a quick 5 mile endurance ruck (70 lbs of sand on my back) followed by another client meeting and a marketing event till 9 pm. If you tag me, I will get a notification otherwise I will miss your challenge. I don't read every OT thread on the "lot". I forget you like to give it but have thin skin when someone gives it back. Just having fun with you Greg. Seriously though, enjoy your golf outing. Sounds like fun if you are into golf. Curious what other handles you mistakenly think are mine.

You too! Safe travels!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT