ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Morgantown liberal?

JT99er

Freshman
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2022
I’ve seen a lot of Kamala signs and didn’t know if this was just a one off thing or if it’s pretty liberal.

Reactions: HPeer
Don’t matter. I’m watching WV, OK, and KS to see if every single county is red on election night. Oklahoma cracks me up - very single county has beed red in the last two Presidential elections.

• Love
Reactions: NY EER and eerlobe
Blue in the realm of Philadelphia, Baltimore, Chicago…..not at all.

Blue in the realm of current WV politics, probably so.

Probably a 50/50 to 55/45 blue town.

Reactions: WVRON
Mon county is pretty even. Inside town limits it tilts blue. Outside of town it tilts red. I think the last presidential election was almost 50/50 in mon county. The house of delegate districts have been gerrymandered by the legislature so much there are basically red/blue seats and the races usually aren’t competitive.

I’ve seen a lot of Kamala signs and didn’t know if this was just a one off thing or if it’s pretty liberal.
Most liberal county in WV... but it's a college town and a lot of that is Profs etc... remarkably out of touch with the State they reside. I am amazed at the City Council and some of the University people when they scream Charleston needs to give us more... when Charleston has views completely opposite of them. Better move towards those people if you want them to fund you...

Reactions: Maddoggeer
Most liberal county in WV... but it's a college town and a lot of that is Profs etc... remarkably out of touch with the State they reside. I am amazed at the City Council and some of the University people when they scream Charleston needs to give us more... when Charleston has views completely opposite of them. Better move towards those people if you want them to fund you...
The population of Mon county continues to rise despite the fact that Mylan shut down and the state puts less money into wvu every year. It’s evolved into really the economic engine of the area, which also includes southern Pa and Western Maryland.

One would think that the state government would be more supportive. What county sends more tax money than Mon to Charleston every year? Not many if any. As you said politics probably has something to do with the poor roads. Whether its controlled by Ds or Rs, I think most people in state would agree the legislature has been incompetent for most of our lives.

Every college town is, I believe. You should live in Shepherdstown. It is unbelievable however it gets pretty red once you get 1 mile out of town. At least more red.

Mon county is pretty even. Inside town limits it tilts blue. Outside of town it tilts red. I think the last presidential election was almost 50/50 in mon county. The house of delegate districts have been gerrymandered by the legislature so much there are basically red/blue seats and the races usually aren’t competitive.
Trump beat Biden in Mon county by about 600 votes over 41k votes cast

Reactions: NY EER
Morgantown is flaming liberal. They spend their money on stupid shit while letting their streets turn into worst in the state; and crime, stabbings and homelessness runs rampant on high street.

Reactions: NY EER
hop_staff.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Diggs59
“more than $3.7 billion in surplus tax collections during his two four-year terms as governor.” Sorry you suffer from fat phobia.
I didn't say he did a terrible job but he should pay people who work for him. To me an employer who doesn't pay his workers and contractors is the worst

I didn't say he did a terrible job but he should pay people who work for him. To me an employer who doesn't pay his workers and contractors is the worst
His people have all been paid and on time... if you are arguing that out of state banks should get back what he owes them then you'd have a point.....

As far as I am aware not one day of salary has gone unpaid to the working man at anything Justice owns ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT