ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dark Side of the Ring Season 3

SKYHAWKBALL

All-American
Oct 28, 2005
@Darth_VadEER

i remember us discussing wrestling a while back. They released the new 2 part seeason opener of the Brian Pillman story. Some crazy stuff, especially about the ex-gf shooting herself and its crazy how his wife looks like now (former Penthouse model). His old lifting coach is a hell of a character as well. “The Loose Cannon” was one of the best gimmicks of all time and one of the best “what if” stories in wrestling (if he never has the foot injury).

Part 1=
Part 2=

@Darth_VadEER

i remember us discussing wrestling a while back. They released the new 2 part seeason opener of the Brian Pillman story. Some crazy stuff, especially about the ex-gf shooting herself and its crazy how his wife looks like now (former Penthouse model). His old lifting coach is a hell of a character as well. “The Loose Cannon” was one of the best gimmicks of all time and one of the best “what if” stories in wrestling (if he never has the foot injury).

Part 1=
Part 2=

I'm looking forward to the Pillman episode. The guy was full of talent, great in the ring, ect.

@Darth_VadEER

Part 1=
Part 2=

So finally got to watch this and I enjoyed it.

Pillmans wife looks horrible and the story about the custody and suicide made me cringe.

The Bobby Heenan scene made me laugh.

Cornette has told some great Pillman stories on his podcast.

So finally got to watch this and I enjoyed it.

Pillmans wife looks horrible and the story about the custody and suicide made me cringe.

The Bobby Heenan scene made me laugh.

Cornette has told some great Pillman stories on his podcast.
Kim Wood was the underrated star of the episode. Imagine that guy giving life advice all the time, lol.

It could have went completely dark but they saved it at the end with Pillman Jr‘s story and how his aunt Kept everyone together and in touch. That is why having a nuclear family is so important. I choked up a little at the end when he said he can’t hate his mom his whole life and how he wants to have that family he never had and be that father for his future kids. I’m rooting for him.

Kim Wood was the underrated star of the episode. Imagine that guy giving life advice all the time, lol.

It could have went completely dark but they saved it at the end with Pillman Jr‘s story and how his aunt Kept everyone together and in touch. That is why having a nuclear family is so important. I choked up a little at the end when he said he can’t hate his mom his whole life and how he wants to have that family he never had and be that father for his future kids. I’m rooting for him.

I'm rooting for his son. I don't follow much current stuff but I've seen him, and hoping for his success.

I watched Pillmans ECW stuff, live, and like all great talents I never thought they'd be dead soon...i was hyped on him.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
...My favorite scene was the reply of Pillman hitting a drop kick on a guy who was on Austin's shoulders....

Pillmans drop kick was just absurd. Koko B Ware could have hit that same move, but I'm not sure who else is on that list.

This week I was able to catch-up on this series and watched The Warrior, Grizzly Smith and Dynamite Kid.

Despite already knowing everything that was presented, these were really enjoyable.

The jury seems unanimous on The Ultimate Warrior. Hard to work with and didnt embrace wrestling....a head case who never put the business in front of himself.

Watching Jake talk about his dad was difficult. You can feel the shame he carries but he doesn't divert from what it was - he calls his dad a pedophile and at the ending when he speaks to anyone getting abused, telling kids to run - run like the wind, was emotionally brutal.

Everything negative I've previously known about Dynamite Kid was reinforced in his episode. He was a bully who liked hurting people. Rougeau knocking his teeth out is a great story and he tells it in detail on The Hannibal's Youtube channel.

Rougeau had Dynamite scared to death that he had hitmen available to kill his family lol. Like you mentioned, always heard what a POS Dynamite was, and this reinforced it.

It was probably the best season they’ve done so far, but I’m looking forward to the rest of the episodes(pt 2 of the season) as well. The Pillman episode is still my favorite out of all the seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT