ADVERTISEMENT

One Thing I do blame on Huggy or someone on the coaching

Woodie

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
Winchester, VA
staff. The kid at the foul line in the last minute of regulation is shooting below 50%. IMO his technique in releasing the ball behind his ear - not sure if that is the way to describe it - is certainly not working. Believe a complete revamp of his release would only help his accuracy. Only a freshman I believe, so plenty of time to make things better. Have someone spend some time with him, Please!

Jay Jacobs has noted on Sportsline that Dax doesn't take the foul shooting practices seriously enough.

Sometimes, it takes a gut wrenching loss like last night to make a kid grow up on all aspects of his game......

IMO, not calling a timeout on the last play in regulation (8 seconds remaining) even though WVU had one in-pocket was the biggest coaching mistake of the season.................. I was screaming at my tv.

However, Huggs had JUST drawn up a great inbounds play the previous timeout for Tarik, and the kid blew it (the long entry pass that went out of bounds)..................... perhaps Huggs let it ride, not having the confidence in his backcourt.

Maybe everybody, staff, players, program, can take something out of this loss, part of growing pains, sometimes these losses can be beneficial down the road. Better to lose this game the way we did than to have it occur down the road in an important tourney game. Would have been a great win, but in the grand scheme of things we play again Saturday and firmly in post season.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Jay Jacobs has noted on Sportsline that Dax doesn't take the foul shooting practices seriously enough.

Sometimes, it takes a gut wrenching loss like last night to make a kid grow up on all aspects of his game......

IMO, not calling a timeout on the last play in regulation (8 seconds remaining) even though WVU had one in-pocket was the biggest coaching mistake of the season.................. I was screaming at my tv.

However, Huggs had JUST drawn up a great inbounds play the previous timeout for Tarik, and the kid blew it (the long entry pass that went out of bounds)..................... perhaps Huggs let it ride, not having the confidence in his backcourt.
That wasn't the only play Phillip fouled up. He and J. Paige both looked lost out there at times.

ADVERTISEMENT