ADVERTISEMENT

One must give the Appy State Mounties credit for having the courage

to invade the Joan! Other Mountaineers flinch at that prospect!
Some teams refuse to play in Huntington out of fear of not having the home field advantage. Not Appalachian State! I respect them for that.

Last edited:
Some teams refuse to play in Huntington for fear of not having the home field advantage. Not Appalachian State! I respect them for that.
Yes, I'm sure a National Television audience on CBS will see two fine teams that respect each other giving their all to win! Sportsmanship and fair play, something we rarely see from schools their their particular team moniker!

Reactions: Humptod
Hiding from this thread are...

SlowHead
DenzilTardSpinney
GilmerGomer

No one is hiding from you Perry Mason. The fact is that none of us are in the WVU athletic department and we have no say in who they schedule or where those games are played..........but I'm certain that fear of Marshall is NOT one of the reasons that the series was dropped.

See how easy that was, Tonycried2? If you're going to troll effectively, then you need to call other posters out. Take notes.

See how easy that was, Tonycried2? If you're going to troll effectively, then you need to call other posters out. Take notes.
Hahahahahahahaha, I consider my thread to be simply stating facts as opposed to trolling! But I do wish the boys would develop some new disingenuous excuses as to why we don't play!

Hahahahahahahaha, I consider my thread to be simply stating facts as opposed to trolling! But I do wish the boys would develop some new disingenuous excuses as to why we don't play!

I will turn the tables just a bit and challenge you to offer some sound reasoning as to why we should play........something other than both schools are in the same state, it would be good for the state........you know, something besides the same old drivel that we always hear from the Herdiot camp.

Other than as a West Virginia taxpayer, I couldn't care less about Marshall and WVU's ever playing again. Having said this, wouldn't it have made more sense for the two instate teams to have played each other than each having played a horrendous directional Kentucky team?

Other than as a West Virginia taxpayer, I couldn't care less about Marshall and WVU's ever playing again. Having said this, wouldn't it have made more sense for the two instate teams to have played each other than each having played a horrendous directional Kentucky team?
yes it actually would have......but EKU's coaches and athletic director don't make idle threats and they don;t shoot off their mouths without the balls to back it up

I will turn the tables just a bit and challenge you to offer some sound reasoning as to why we should play........something other than both schools are in the same state, it would be good for the state........you know, something besides the same old drivel that we always hear from the Herdiot camp.
You hit the nail on the head my friend....we're the only two FBS schools in the state , seems logical we'd meet! Why does CU play CSU?

yes it actually would have......but EKU's coaches and athletic director don't make idle threats and they don;t shoot off their mouths without the balls to back it up
As a WVU taxpayer if there was a referendum on the issue of should WVU-MU play home and home in revenue sports? How would you vote? I think 99% of all MU people would vote yes, 99% of WVU folks no...but the vast majority of citizens that attended neither school and root for them both or neither, how would they vote?

As a WVU taxpayer if there was a referendum on the issue of should WVU-MU play home and home in revenue sports? How would you vote? I think 99% of all MU people would vote yes, 99% of WVU folks no...but the vast majority of citizens that attended neither school and root for them both or neither, how would they vote?
I've said it for a long time, and I speak the truth. There's only a single reason why WVU fans don't want to play the Herd, and that's simply due to fear of losing the game. Anything else you see written is pure disingenuous hogwash.

I've read your takes over the years, so I know you don't believe in their reasoning. Make no mistake. The games aren't played out of fear of taking an 'L'.

I've said it for a long time, and I speak the truth. There's only a single reason why WVU fans don't want to play the Herd, and that's simply due to fear of losing the game. Anything else you see written is pure disingenuous hogwash.

I've read your takes over the years, so I know you don't believe in their reasoning. Make no mistake. The games aren't played out of fear of taking an 'L'.
I think your assertion is correct...our arrogant Cousins are quite content to relish in their self appointed state of superiority. It becomes much more problematic when something objective such as a scoreboard comes into play!

I would vote for a 3 or 4 for 1......that's all the herd deserves at this point.......Governor Joe did you all a favor and then your idiot AD and coaches let their alligator mouths overload their hummingbird asses and now you got what you got......nothing

I would vote for a 3 or 4 for 1......that's all the herd deserves at this point.......Governor Joe did you all a favor and then your idiot AD and coaches let their alligator mouths overload their hummingbird asses and now you got what you got......nothing
I wish I was able to purchase wvu for what it's worth and sell it for what you guys believe it to be worth! I'd make a pretty penny!

Basketball should be played every year in Charleston (period).

Make it a two day event and have WVU vs Vatech and Marshall vs Ohio on Saturday, then Vatech vs Ohio and WVU vs Marshall on Sunday. That could get a possible national TV game or two. Both of the Marshall games would be a pretty good non conference game for the C-USA TV deal.

Switch it up every year with Miami of Ohio/Pitt, ECU/UVA, etc.

Basketball should be played every year in Charleston (period).

Make it a two day event and have WVU vs Vatech and Marshall vs Ohio on Saturday, then Vatech vs Ohio and WVU vs Marshall on Sunday. That could get a possible national TV game or two. Both of the Marshall games would be a pretty good non conference game for the C-USA TV deal.

Switch it up every year with Miami of Ohio/Pitt, ECU/UVA, etc.
I agree basketball is easy and is only currently dormant due to Huggy getting his feelings hurt, we never appreciated what a sensitive guy he is and maybe that's on us! Football admittedly is more problematic.

More Like the real Mountaineers don't give a shit about the Herd. Sorry your little feelings are hurt. Grow up and quit being a little bitch. Find another way to make dollar off somebody else.

I already know their response tOSU...MU coaches and administration didn't show the proper respect for a school that's never won ANYTHING of note!

Just to make clear my position regarding Marshall University and their sports teams. You do not know my feelings re: Marshall University I am a native WVian and follow both Marshall and WVU. I was friends with and one year ahead of Jack Mahone at CHS. You may have heard of him as he was one very good Marshall Running back in the 1960's. I followed his career as well a some others i.e Cebe Price, Paul Underwood, Hal Greer. I do not follow or participate in the WVU vs Marshall campaign. I am an avid WVU fan first but want to Marshall succeed also. As for tosu, I would like to buy him for what he is worth and sell him what he thinks he is worth.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Just to make clear my position regarding Marshall University and their sports teams. You do not know my feelings re: Marshall University I am a native WVian and follow both Marshall and WVU. I was friends with and one year ahead of Jack Mahone at CHS. You may have heard of him as he was one very good Marshall Running back in the 1960's. I followed his career as well a some others i.e Cebe Price, Paul Underwood, Hal Greer. I do not follow or participate in the WVU vs Marshall campaign. I am an avid WVU fan first but want to Marshall succeed also. As for tosu, I would like to buy him for what he is worth and sell him what he thinks he is worth.
So you would like too see MU and WVU play but you'd root for WVU...that's fair enough! But you're for the matchup?

I'm so deeply embedded in your pea-sized brain that you can't post without mentioning me. So (not) glad to read about your high school failures in the leather-helmet days. You're so damn old that your high school hasn't existed for decades. Nobody cares about your (less than) glory days, Pops. Tell your homies about your bygone failures during your next shuffleboard tournament at the nursing home.

So you would like too see MU and WVU play but you'd root for WVU...that's fair enough! But you're for the matchup?
Absolutely, in my mind, there is no reason why they should not play. If nothing else it keeps instate money spent in state rather than out. Works pretty well in North Carolina.

Absolutely, in my mind, there is no reason why they should not play. If nothing else it keeps instate money spent in state rather than out. Works pretty well in North Carolina.
I'm sure your fellow pro WVU kinfolk will tell you how wrongheaded you are! Hahahahahahahah

• Haha
It's a money loser for WVU. Especially since mini u wants 50% of the gate from WVU home game. Build a neutral site and play it. WVU can use that automatic win every year.

I'm certain most of this bitching is because the little turds blew their only shot at a win last time WVU traveled to drug infested crime ridden Huntington. In typical fashion of little brothers and their first time at getting laid they shot their wads to early and were embarrassed by the stain on their jeans.

With us having 11 P-5 games on every schedule for the next few years, the 12th game is always going to be filled with a payday game for a lesser opponent in the early season and played at Mountaineer Field. It's as simple as that.

It's a money loser for WVU. Especially since mini u wants 50% of the gate from WVU home game. Build a neutral site and play it. WVU can use that automatic win every year.

I'm certain most of this bitching is because the little turds blew their only shot at a win last time WVU traveled to drug infested crime ridden Huntington. In typical fashion of little brothers and their first time at getting laid they shot their wads to early and were embarrassed by the stain on their jeans.
Should have played at U.C. Stadium (formerly, Laidley Field) this season. No fans would have been allowed in, so small seating capacity wouldn't have been an issue.

I'm sure your fellow pro WVU kinfolk will tell you how wrongheaded you are! Hahahahahahahah

Think about this regarding the money factor. In a non Covid year early in the season when the weather is comfortable and a WVU/Marshall game would most likely be played, both Marshall and WVU are going to pack their respective stadiums no matter who the opponent is. In Marshalls case that's something like 35,000 tickets sold, and in WVU's case it would be in the range of 65,000 tickets sold. In both cases some of the dollars generated would bring at least a little out of state money in from fans of visiting teams and it would all be kept here in our state. So how does it make sense to limit ticket sales to 65,000 or 35,000 if the game is played as opposed to revenue from a total of 100,000 tickets being sold between the two schools if the game isn't played?

With us having 11 P-5 games on every schedule for the next few years, the 12th game is always going to be filled with a payday game for a lesser opponent in the early season and played at Mountaineer Field. It's as simple as that.

Wouldn't Marsha be that lesser opponent.

Think about this regarding the money factor. In a non Covid year early in the season when the weather is comfortable and a WVU/Marshall game would most likely be played, both Marshall and WVU are going to pack their respective stadiums no matter who the opponent is. In Marshalls case that's something like 35,000 tickets sold, and in WVU's case it would be in the range of 65,000 tickets sold. In both cases some of the dollars generated would bring at least a little out of state money in from visiting fans of visiting teams and it would all be kept here in our state. So how does it make sense to limit ticket sales to 65,000 or 35,000 if the game is played as opposed to revenue 100,000 tickets being sold if the game isn't played?

Milan Puskar capacity is 60,000 now. The Joan is 38,227 capacity. UC Stadium formerly known as Laidley Field capacity is 18500 .

They've done some nice work on the place.

2555.jpg

I think your assertion is correct...our arrogant Cousins are quite content to relish in their self appointed state of superiority. It becomes much more problematic when something objective such as a scoreboard comes into play!
...or relevance....or the value of a degree..... or the status of leadership....or influence......
NONE of which your trailer trash contingent enjoys.

Back to your heroin laden digs. No handouts today boys.

You will NEVER have what we have.

...or relevance....or the value of a degree..... or the status of leadership....or influence......
NONE of which your trailer trash contingent enjoys.

Back to your heroin laden digs. No handouts today boys.

You will NEVER have what we have.
We already have what you don't have.....a Top 25 ranking!

ADVERTISEMENT