ADVERTISEMENT

One mistake Bob made...at the end of regulation.

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
BDW would have thrown that down Adrian continues to kill offense. I'm sure the kid has value, but Bob has to be more selective with his minutes IMO.

That is what you are going to pull now?

No, Huggins had a timeout in hand in the last possession and didnt use it.

You want to find some fault in his coaching tonight? There it was....

Leave your Adrian agenda at the door

Look, he's a offensive and defensive liability out there. He has no confidence in his shot, and has slow feet. It is what it is.

However, he gives you smarts and hustle out on the court. That counts for a lot.

Originally posted by spartansstink:
Look, he's a offensive and defensive liability out there. He has no confidence in his shot, and has slow feet. It is what it is.

However, he gives you smarts and hustle out on the court. That counts for a lot.
right. and i like what huggs is doing with his minutes lately. but it was still one possession too many

Adrian's not the problem. He does many good things without scoring many times. What hurt as far as individually was not only Macon constantly losing the ball when trying to drive is other big men CONSTANTLY putting the ball on the floor when down low and constantly getting stripped. This has been going on all year. And as much improved as Williams has gotten he still puts it on the floor when he shouldn't. That's one of the first things they teach big men is keep it high and take it to the basket. Our guys can't seem to do that without any consistency.

adrian is not the reason we lost. missing both PGs cost us the game,

we can cover for adrian on defense. but adrian really, really hurts our offense when he's in there

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
lol! Id wager a bet... But you have no backbone to follow through anyhow
his minutes are dropping as we get closer to crunch time. i think we already have our answer.

How does Adrian hurt us on offense, while running the plays, moving the ball, not taking bad shots, and not committing turnovers?

This post was edited on 3/4 9:00 AM by KeatonsCorner

Originally posted by Papillion:
Adrian's not the problem. He does many good things without scoring many times. What hurt as far as individually was not only Macon constantly losing the ball when trying to drive is other big men CONSTANTLY putting the ball on the floor when down low and constantly getting stripped. This has been going on all year. And as much improved as Williams has gotten he still puts it on the floor when he shouldn't. That's one of the first things they teach big men is keep it high and take it to the basket. Our guys can't seem to do that without any consistency.
Exactly. We can't feed the post worth a damn either so that has to count for something. Oftentimes, they are getting the ball too far away to do anything to start. Both Holton and Williams seem more comfortable shooting from 15 than from 1.5. I thought their power moves were getting better but they still have a ways to go.

However, I thought Holton could take his man off the dribble all night - especially with Ellis out of the game.

he can fit in on defense.

as for offense, he guards himself. 4 on 5 are bad odds. he's been doing a better job of kicking out rebounds to scorers lately.there was just no time to do that. bad spot for the kid.

Poor ole paper....... lapped again.
laugh.r191677.gif

like you don't have an agenda......

Please Mrs. Huggins/Holgorsen.....adrian has been a disappointment this season and wv has a point.....btw, the kansas radio announcers said huggins tried to call time out at the end but the team didn't see him.....true or not, i'm surprised you didn't come up with something like that because, you know, you and huggs seem to be closerthanthis.....looks like huggins had an excuse and you missed it......

Nate's last 10 games (minutes):

TTU - 12
OK - 18
Baylor - 13
KSU - 21
ISU - 14
KU - 17
OSU - 15
UT - 13
Baylor - 9
KU - 16

tell us again how Nate's court time has been diminishing? Average = 14.8 minutes......... or his season average of 15.

Huggs's biggest mistake was calling the homerun pass inbound play. He admitted as much in the postgame and said it was his fault.

I realize why he did it ... but with hindsight being 20/20, bad call.

I know Huggs said that, and it was nice of him to do so................. but Phillip blew that play.

I understand that Bob took it on himself, since he "should have known better" but it was a great play and wide open. Guys just didn't adhere to the plan.

I'm not much of an Adrian fan myself....no offense, I mean the kid gets the

rebound with 2 tics left, and tries to flip it back up and gets blocked....Jesus, just power it in with a dunk....what is he, 6'8"?? and he can't dunk...I don't know maybe he didn't think he had time??? Yeah, I guess he does some ok things on defense and rebounding but has zero offense capability. The other guy who drives me nuts and think he was way overrated is Macon. That guy needs to get in the weight room and get stronger. Defenders have such an easy time deflecting the ball out of his hands. He has no strength in his hands apparently to grip the ball. Overall happy with this group due to the guard play.. They make mistakes, but will cut those down with more experience. Just wish we had a couple more quality big men.

Re: I'm not much of an Adrian fan myself....no offense, I mean the kid gets the

"I mean the kid gets the rebound with 2 tics left, and tries to flip it back up and gets blocked....Jesus, just power it in with a dunk"

I always love these posts................ guys who have never dunked a basketball, talking about how easy it is to rebound, collect your balance, and rise for a dunk through contact and defense......

lol, always cracks me up.

Originally posted by wvpaper:
BDW would have thrown that down
That would have been impressive from under the backboard and to the side of the rim with defenders behind him

no one says kick adrian off the team. but most of us see that good things happen when his minutes are restricted.

you need to accept these guys for what they can do.

like what? What good things?

23 minutes vs BC
16 minutes vs UConn
19 @ TCU
17 @ TTU
21 minutes vs OK
27 @KSU
21 minutes vs KSU
17 minutes vs KU
15 @OSU
13 vs UT
16 last night

as opposed to:

8 minutes vs LSU (loss)
9 minutes @UT (loss)
4 minutes vs TCU in OT win
13 vs BU in loss
9 minutes @BU (loss)

the stats prove otherwise............ When Adrian stays out of foul trouble, and on the court......... WVU wins.
This post was edited on 3/4 12:08 PM by KeatonsCorner

no one says kick adrian off the team. but most of us see that good things happen when his minutes are restricted.

you need to accept these guys for what they can do.
Paper, you're such a dickhead...... you posted yourself that Adrian should leave the Mountaineers and go play for a Mountain East Conference team.

You just went down another lap, dickhead.
smokin.r191677.gif

Is there anything dumber than an anonymous message board coach? Paperboy pretending to offer Huggins coaching advice while dumping on WVU players has been played a thousand times on our idiot board. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

perfect. now every dumb ass i've embarrassed on this board in the last couple of weeks has chimed in on this thread.

for the record, no one supports huggs more than me. and, yes, adrian would do well in a lower division. but i've never suggested he should be asked to leave.

what's wrong with saying other players getting more of the kids minutes gives us a better chance to win? huggs seems to agree. i mean, look at the recent games box scores.

"huggs seems to agree. i mean, look at the recent games box scores."

factual error. I already posted that in the previous 10 games, Adrian's average was the exact same as the previous 20..................

but that's just facts and all. So is the fact that Adrian has a +2.1 average this season in the +/- for team offensive efficiency, therefore ruining the idea that him being on the court "kills our offense".

He moves the ball to shooters. He attacks the offensive glass.
This post was edited on 3/4 2:46 PM by KeatonsCorner

no, keaton. the only thing you accomplished was to prove me right. just look at the last 4 games....

OSU - 15
UT - 13
Baylor - 9

before an overtime game with KU, without 2 starters.

LOL! that's it......... why not just host the Baylor game as your only sample size?

But that proves MY point.................. 9 minutes for Nate @Baylor.......... loss

lol at your lol. i like you. you know more about bball than most here. but you really cant quit, no matter how deep your hole gets.

perfect. now every dumb ass i've embarrassed on this board in the last couple of weeks has chimed in on this thread.

for the record, no one supports huggs more than me. and, yes, adrian would do well in a lower division. but i've never suggested he should be asked to leave.

what's wrong with saying other players getting more of the kids minutes gives us a better chance to win? huggs seems to agree. i mean, look at the recent games box scores.
First, you're not smart enough to embarrass anyone other than yourself. And second, "what wrong", to use your words, with others challenging, agreeing, disagreeing, correcting, or otherwise responding to your posts in any fashion they choose, within the accepted rules, in the same manner and tone which you yourself use when you make your own posts on various topic or issues of your choosing?

.......sweet jesus, paper, where do you get-off ripping and criticizing players, coaches, and programs on one hand, and then get your little feelings hurt when someone does the same to you?

Hell, when you go around punching others in the mouth every now and then you're going to run-up against someone who'll turn right around and knock the ever-loving'-hell right back out of you........ damn, son, you should have learned that lesson a long time ago, where the hell did you grow-up, clinging to your momma's apron strings?
smokin.r191677.gif

lol!

In WVU's 8 losses, Nate is averaging 12.5 minutes

In WVU's 22 victories, Nate is averaging 16.4 minutes

I win.

I like Carter with the ball, but Miles was hot

In hindsight I think Carter had Miles on the wing. I think Carter should have dished to him for the 3. As for Adrian, you have to give him credit for good hands and positioning on the rebound. He just needed to jump back toward the court and shoot to draw a foul instead of fading toward the end line. Basically, he neede to have the mindset of a forward and not a guard.

In the apirit of constructive criticism, Holton (who played really well) got that traveling late in regulation. Same theme - he needed to just go up strong and either jam it in or draw a foul.

Lgm!

Re: I like Carter with the ball, but Miles was hot

Originally posted by EnginEER 89:
In hindsight I think Carter had Miles on the wing. I think Carter should have dished to him for the 3. As for Adrian, you have to give him credit for good hands and positioning on the rebound. He just needed to jump back toward the court and shoot to draw a foul instead of fading toward the end line. Basically, he neede to have the mindset of a forward and not a guard.

In the apirit of constructive criticism, Holton (who played really well) got that traveling late in regulation. Same theme - he needed to just go up strong and either jam it in or draw a foul.

Lgm!
.......another of the opportunities that didn't go the Mountaineers way last night.

That play happened so fast I missed the pass, was it a good pass where he could catch it or was it down where he had to reach for it? All I saw was the ref calling the travel and I wondered what happened there.
smokin.r191677.gif

Re: I like Carter with the ball, but Miles

I thought it was a good pass. Had some zip on it but was very accurate, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT