ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State

locustwv

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
I know it’s early but Tulsa is hanging tough. Also looks like there’s a lot of fans in the stands.

.... is overrated and has an offense that’s BAAAAAAAAD

or

Home Field advantage is worth more than a TD —— provided there is a full house in attendance and it’s useless at ONLY 25% capacity

Reactions: locustwv
Well they just got lucky. Tulsa had 1st and goal and had two penalties called against them, 1 after a passing touchdown. Then freshman kicker missed chipshot to tie the game.

These new silent whistles suck.

To bad we didn't play them this week. OSU has QB issues and apparently their OL is not up to par.

Tulsa has made a living behind the line of scrimmage. OSU is on their 3rd string QB. Gundy always seems to be loaded with QB's. Only 1 transfer the rest were recruited from high school. That's how you do it.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Gundy can't even run the score up cause his team flubbed the play.

IDK if I agree Okie Lite is bad. I'm nervous about next week. OSU watches the tape & practices hard this week. Wouldn't be surprised if we face a team much better than what we saw today. Of course, I'd love to take a couple of those paddles & shove them! Let's Go

Tulsa has NFL talent

They beat UCF last year and should have beaten Memphis. Missed a short FG to win the game.
Weird team. Great playcalling and they have talent but they get called for stupid penalties.
Like they find ways to lose.

This game does not bode well for WVU. I'm not going all doom and gloom, but any decent team that struggles with an opponent they should handle easily tend to be better focused and more likely to give a better effort the next game. Now that doesn't overcome deficiencies, but how much of OSU struggles were exposed deficiencies vs poor execution? I can't say as I didn't really watch the game. Either way, its generally better to go up against a team that is high on itself rather than having recently been humbled.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
This game does not bode well for WVU. I'm not going all doom and gloom, but any decent team that struggles with an opponent they should handle easily tend to be better focused and more likely to give a better effort the next game. Now that doesn't overcome deficiencies, but how much of OSU struggles were exposed deficiencies vs poor execution? I can't say as I didn't really watch the game. Either way, its generally better to go up against a team that is high on itself rather than having recently been humbled.
I think we win 37-20

Oklahoma State has some weaknesses on both sides of the football
Especially up front.

But they have some players in that secondary and at linebacker

Unless WVU scores on defense and special teams they won't score 37

Would be more like 20-17.
Mainly because they get can't anything generated on offense

Just think of last year's game but with WVU as the one in control.

Tulsa went 0-12 on third down...
Their QB will be on a NFL roster

Indecisive QB mixed with great CB play.

I do think the Tulsa CB has a lot to work on. In the end the guy manhandled Tylan Wallace.
Not everyone has a 6-3 CB out there that can play press-man coverage

Wallace finally started to get his.
Truthfully two of those plays the Allie Smith did pretty much all you ask..
The guy threw him 8 yards out of bounds
The second time they called a questionable PI but he just ripped the ball from Wallace

He just put himself in position to possibly get a lot of attention from NFL scouts based on today's performance

Tulsa has NFL talent

They beat UCF last year and should have beaten Memphis. Missed a short FG to win the game.
Weird team. Great playcalling and they have talent but they get called for stupid penalties.
Like they find ways to lose.

Tulsa was 4-8 last year and lost to a horrible Houston team. They will not do much better this year. Their defense is their key to them getting close to .500.

Oklahoma State had problems in their O-line. They should have been better as they returned 3 of those 5. OSU has the talent and team that can put 40 plus on anybody and WVU has been snake bit on blowing games against Okie light.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Tulsa is a weird team. Been like that the last few years

Their best games were against the elite of that conference.
Actually played Oklahoma State pretty good last year as well

Any team that could beat UCF and come a miss FG from beating Memphis can play with 90% of CFB

Oklahoma State isn't a complete team yet. They have some issues

But WVU does as well. As of right now WVU has more issues than Oklahoma State

Does WVU win the game. There is a slight chance
But I wouldn't take anything from Tulsa in their Super Bowl playing close against Oklahoma State's backup QBs.

If Spencer Sanders isn't ready I think WVU probably has a 35% chance to win.

With him probably closer to 20-25%

Tulsa is a weird team. Been like that the last few years

Their best games were against the elite of that conference.
Actually played Oklahoma State pretty good last year as well

Any team that could beat UCF and come a miss FG from beating Memphis can play with 90% of CFB

Oklahoma State isn't a complete team yet. They have some issues

But WVU does as well. As of right now WVU has more issues than Oklahoma State

Does WVU win the game. There is a slight chance
But I wouldn't take anything from Tulsa in their Super Bowl playing close against Oklahoma State's backup QBs.

If Spencer Sanders isn't ready I think WVU probably has a 35% chance to win.

With him probably closer to 20-25%

I would prefer facing Sanders. That 3rd string QB did a better job than the first 2.

I would prefer facing Sanders. That 3rd string QB did a better job than the first 2.

Sanders has a decent arm

Sanders makes Hubbard even better because it is option football.
Do you key in on the QB or RB

Makes Defensive players indecisive.

The third string looked like a statue. Good arm but makes it much easier at times to defend the run

Sanders has a decent arm

Sanders makes Hubbard even better because it is option football.
Do you key in on the QB or RB

Makes Defensive players indecisive.

The third string looked like a statue. Good arm but makes it much easier at times to defend the run

Your so called bad 3rd stringer moved the ball and put up points.

Sanders won't do shit if his O-line can't block.

I’m sure I am. We haven’t beat them in last 5 years. Hoping this is our year.,

But in those 5 games we decided to just hand the W on a silver platter with turnovers, blown leads and OT losses.

That Tulsa - Oklahoma State game
was physical, and Tulsa did allot of cheap shots. --
while injuring Oklahoma State's
starting QB.

Seemingly to the benefit of Tulsa, but Oklahoma State won, anyway.

Oklahoma State will be ready for WVU.

As for West Virginia, 1st road game
(in the world of Virus) WVU will have to out tough Ok State or else

But in those 5 games we decided to just hand the W on a silver platter with turnovers, blown leads and OT losses.
Totally agree, we have many very disappointing loses in this series. I think the 2018 loss hurt me the most..

That Tulsa - Oklahoma State game
was physical, and Tulsa did allot of cheap shots. --
while injuring Oklahoma State's
starting QB.

Seemingly to the benefit of Tulsa, but Oklahoma State won, anyway.

Oklahoma State will be ready for WVU.

As for West Virginia, 1st road game
(in the world of Virus) WVU will have to out tough Ok State or else

After yesterday I am more worried about Okie State defense than their offense.

Reactions: mofo
Tulsa was 4-8 last year and lost to a horrible Houston team. They will not do much better this year. Their defense is their key to them getting close to .500.

Oklahoma State had problems in their O-line. They should have been better as they returned 3 of those 5. OSU has the talent and team that can put 40 plus on anybody and WVU has been snake bit on blowing games against Okie light.

LOL Allen owning @TownesVanZandt in every thread.

Josh Sills transferred from WVU to Oklahoma State. He's one of only two good linemen that Gundy has so far this season. Brad Powers, a big sports bettor, posted last week that OSU lost three good linemen off of last year's team.

As I have said in many threads on Okie is their defense is their key.

WVU needs to jump on them. Even with Spencer Sanders Oklahoma State isn't really good when you force them to score. Been like that since last year.

Especially a backup QB.

WVU comes out with energy and jumps on them early they could win the game in the fashion they want.

For whatever reason I see a similar game as last year. Maybe less scoring or even a little more. I think there will be more than last year.
Just matters how many chunk plays Oklahoma State can create. They work on chunk plays. But their OLine isn't elite enough nor is their QB to dictate things without the chunk plays

WVU needs to jump on them. Even with Spencer Sanders Oklahoma State isn't really good when you force them to score. Been like that since last year.

Especially a backup QB.

WVU comes out with energy and jumps on them early they could win the game in the fashion they want.

For whatever reason I see a similar game as last year. Maybe less scoring or even a little more. I think there will be more than last year.
Just matters how many chunk plays Oklahoma State can create. They work on chunk plays. But their OLine isn't elite enough nor is their QB to dictate things without the chunk plays

Just like 2018? Oh that's right we jumped early and fell late. WVU just needs to be who they are and and outscore the pokies.

Just like 2018? Oh that's right we jumped early and fell late. WVU just needs to be who they are and and outscore the pokies.

Different WVU team. Different Oklahoma State team.
Oklahoma State was raided that year.
Lost a couple of solid coaches. Did Neal Brown retain a single coach from Dana's staff.

They had a 5th year QB and had just went toe to toe with Oklahoma and jumped on Texas early.

Truthfully think both teams could have trouble coming back from 14+ deficits.

Especially Oklahoma State. Your DLine could eat
Plus watch the blocking from their RBs and Cowboy Backs/H Backs.
Was horrible

Different WVU team. Different Oklahoma State team.
Oklahoma State was raided that year.
Lost a couple of solid coaches. Did Neal Brown retain a single coach from Dana's staff.

They had a 5th year QB and had just went toe to toe with Oklahoma and jumped on Texas early.

Truthfully think both teams could have trouble coming back from 14+ deficits.

Especially Oklahoma State. Your DLine could eat
Plus watch the blocking from their RBs and Cowboy Backs/H Backs.
Was horrible

Why do you come here? Your not a WVU fan. Do Texas fans hate your multiple profiles? Is this the only board that allows you to have more than 1?

Chubba blocking sucks. He's lazy. Like I said, it's the defense of Oklahoma State that is more scary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT