ADVERTISEMENT

OK State football coach on realignment

Like I said before. If you don't like it move on to someone else. It's not WVU decision to make. They have no control over it.
There is nothing else to move on to.
Also WVU can be proactive and plant a good seed.

You can go cheer for a PAC team if you don't like it.

Do you think the following are relevant?
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Missouri
Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland
Northwestern
California
Stanford
Washington State
Oregon State

so on and so on.

Do you even know what relevant means?
Let's all quit feeding the troll.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
Says BIG 12 will expand West, probably not looking East.

Commissioner very familiar with PAC 12 schools

excerpt:https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-says-brett-yormark-knows-so-much-about-pac-12-schools/

“I think he’s a wheeler dealer,”(new commish Yarmark) Gundy said Thursday. “I wouldn’t even begin to know where to start with him. He knows so much about the schools in this league, and he knows so much about the Pac-12 schools just because of what’s happened, and I was shocked.

“He didn’t say this, but if anything — in my opinion — conference realignment, if anything happens it’s going to be this league [the Big 12] going probably [west]. I don’t know that any of us, maybe him subconsciously, thinking that much is going to go [east]. I think that’s what I got out of it. But he knows details on every school in that league (PAC], and I was shocked.”….

Gundy said because conference realignment chatter has gone quiet as of late, that means the talking is going on. Gundy said he is comfortable with Yormark guiding the Big 12 at a time like this.
Note to Gundy.... football relevance lies to the East dummy. Yeah taking the 4 teams from the PAC 12 makes sense, but sPitt, UL, Miami/FSU and VT will be way more valuable.

Reactions: Tylerite
Note to Gundy.... football relevance lies to the East dummy. Yeah taking the 4 teams from the PAC 12 makes sense, but sPitt, UL, Miami/FSU and VT will be way more valuable.
How valuable will they be after 2036? But I can tell you Pitt, VT and UL aren't worth a dime.

The thing the commissioner is thinking is kill off the competition.

Click on their name under their avatar. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy. Tylerite got the permaban from relevancy on this board weeks ago.
This whole board is irrelevant, lol. But it’s fun to see some of the dummies make excuses and copy what some national sports reporters are trying to peddle for the masses to believe.

How valuable will they be after 2036? But I can tell you Pitt, VT and UL aren't worth a dime.

The ACC will not be the same conference in 3 years let alone 14 years from now. All that needs to happen is to have enough teams to vote to dissolve the conference.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The funny part is that it doesn't even take a supermajority to do so. I believe it's only 8 teams. The SEC likely takes 2, the Big 10 takes 2 and then the B 12 takes 4. Done and done! No single conference is holding the bag as THE conference that ended the ACC.

Agree- The BIG 12 has East, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest and Western teams. Content across the country in multiple windows.
Having inventory in all time zones is the wildcard that will keep the B12 in a position of strength. It doesn’t matter if the conference teams make as much money as the B10 & SEC, because we have always made less and it was not an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Tylerite

It's not the programs. It's the market. See B1G taking Ruggers and Maryland.

It is eyeballs that will be key. Smaller market teams that have sustained success can capture eyeballs. There are so many different ways to access the content now, that success on the field is a big piece. The B10 feels that a large influx of $$$ could wake up a market because the program could buy success and bring eyeballs from that market. Your examples of Rutgers & Maryland are perfect because it appears that $$$ hasn’t been able to buy success yet so the eyeballs aren’t there.

It was the markets back then now it's what can you make for us. Oklahoma is the 44th-largest media market in the United States. It's all about Tier 3 money that is motivating the moves today. Special teams get special benefits to increase their image.

From the Norman Transcript ---
Jesse Crittenden is the sports editor of The Transcript and covers OU athletics

Oklahoma benefited from a PPV from Fox on third tier rights (they always complained about Texas yet they were doing the same).

The Sooners and ESPN announced a multi-year agreement Thursday that will bring a significant portion of OU sports to the network’s digital platform, ESPN+. The new agreement gives ESPN the Sooners’ third-tier media rights and moves OU sports content away from cable programming to internet streaming.

SoonerVision on ESPN+ will also stream one regular season college football game a year that was previously only accessible through pay-per-view. It will also air the Sooners’ annual spring game.

While ESPN+ has aired Big 12 programming via Big 12 Now since 2019 one football game from each of the conference schools, not including OU and Texas, is streamed on the platform each year Oklahoma has had an agreement with Bally Sports (formerly FOX Sports) since 2012 and has only been featured on the platform as a road team.

Oklahoma, along with Texas, is contractually obligated to stay in the Big 12 through 2024-2025 before moving to the Southeastern conference. The Sooners could negotiate an earlier exit, though they’ve publicly affirmed their commitment to remaining in the conference through 2025.

Colleges need a telemarketing director as well as their AD.

If it's all about markets then Temple University would be in the Big 10 or ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT