ADVERTISEMENT

OK State football coach on realignment

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
Says BIG 12 will expand West, probably not looking East.

Commissioner very familiar with PAC 12 schools

excerpt:https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-says-brett-yormark-knows-so-much-about-pac-12-schools/

“I think he’s a wheeler dealer,”(new commish Yarmark) Gundy said Thursday. “I wouldn’t even begin to know where to start with him. He knows so much about the schools in this league, and he knows so much about the Pac-12 schools just because of what’s happened, and I was shocked.

“He didn’t say this, but if anything — in my opinion — conference realignment, if anything happens it’s going to be this league [the Big 12] going probably [west]. I don’t know that any of us, maybe him subconsciously, thinking that much is going to go [east]. I think that’s what I got out of it. But he knows details on every school in that league (PAC], and I was shocked.”….

Gundy said because conference realignment chatter has gone quiet as of late, that means the talking is going on. Gundy said he is comfortable with Yormark guiding the Big 12 at a time like this.

Reactions: WVU_Dave
Yeah vs Utah State, Boise State, and Nevada.
Pretty sure "west" means poaching the Pac12 also-rans like ASU, UofA, Utah, Colorado....maybe not tier one, but at least major programs. Nothing east is available unless ACC also-rans get as nervous enough about losing their top teams to look around for a way out. Problem is they are all so snooty and self-assured that even if the walls were collapsing around them, they'd think their conference is still better than the Big12. Fortunately the Pac-4 above are not that ignorant.

Plus I'd love the see a final post-realignment ACC that was down to BC, Duke, UL, NCST, sPitt, Wake, 'Cuse, and VT. (After the SEC grabs Clemson, FSU, Miami, and the Big10 takes UNC, UVA, and GT.)

Pretty sure "west" means poaching the Pac12 also-rans like ASU, UofA, Utah, Colorado....maybe not tier one, but at least major programs. Nothing east is available unless ACC also-rans get as nervous enough about losing their top teams to look around for a way out. Problem is they are all so snooty and self-assured that even if the walls were collapsing around them, they'd think their conference is still better than the Big12. Fortunately the Pac-4 above are not that ignorant.

Plus I'd love the see a final post-realignment ACC that was down to BC, Duke, UL, NCST, sPitt, Wake, 'Cuse, and VT. (After the SEC grabs Clemson, FSU, Miami, and the Big10 takes UNC, UVA, and GT.)
WVU Dave gets it. 4 PAC teams then wait till ACC is dismantled by SEC & B1G. Pick up 4 of the best that is left east or west. Tjat gets us to 20.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVU Dave gets it. 4 PAC teams then wait till ACC is dismantled by SEC & B1G. Pick up 4 of the best that is left east or west. Tjat gets us to 20.
F sPitt, BC is irrelevant, and we all hate Duke, so you kinda hope for UL, NCST, VT, and the 'Cuse (though you'd have to hold your nose because they suck at everything but bring NY)

My list in order of ACC would be (assuming available) VT, LVLLE, sPitt,NCSt, GT. Take minimum of 2 after AZ, AZST, COLO, UTAH. Assumes FSU, CRIAMI, UNC, CLEM,UVA get picked bySEC/B1G.
Huge NO to Wake, Dooke, Cuse, BC. ..... AND assuming a spot held for Domers.

My list in order of ACC would be (assuming available) VT, LVLLE, sPitt,NCSt, GT. Take minimum of 2 after AZ, AZST, COLO, UTAH. Assumes FSU, CRIAMI, UNC, CLEM,UVA get picked bySEC/B1G.
Huge NO to Wake, Dooke, Cuse, BC. ..... AND assuming a spot held for Domers.
Tough call because many schools would likely have been absorbed by the SEC and B10 already.

For example, when the B10 takes Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal and grows to 20 schools, that will likely get things moving with the SEC. Acc or bust for them money wise.

So they’ll need to take down the Acc to get who they need, and that probably means 8 schools—either all to the SEC or some to B10 as well:

UNC
UVA
Clemson
FSU
Miami
GT
NC State
VT

to the SEC or maybe:

Clemson
VT
NCState
FSU

to SEC, and:

UNC
UVA
GT
ND

to the B10 who then moves to 24

Leaves:
Duke
Wake
BC
SU
Louisville
Pitt
Miami

From that then the SEC might grab:
Duke
Louisville
Miami
and?

and so the expanded B12 picks from:

Pitt
BC
Su
Wake
Wash State
Oregon State

All depends on just how large the SEC and B10 go once the Acc schools become available.

Irrelevance
You can go cheer for a PAC team if you don't like it.

Do you think the following are relevant?
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Missouri
Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland
Northwestern
California
Stanford
Washington State
Oregon State

so on and so on.

Do you even know what relevant means?

You can go cheer for a PAC team if you don't like it.

Do you think the following are relevant?
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Missouri
Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland
Northwestern
California
Stanford
Washington State
Oregon State

so on and so on.

Do you even know what relevant means?
In this course of today's college football climate, I certainly do. The first 7 schools you listed will be, while the last 4 remains to be seen.

It's a liberal hellhole out there.
No the population is growing out there. I am sure every stare out there is growing. California still has so
Much football talent it’s insane. Arizona Utah Colorado Washington and Oregon have a solid a mount of talent as well. Plus everyone wants to blast California you might want to stop that. They pay a lot of taxes for a lot of states who can’t. Now the fits for the Big 12 is of course the Arizona schools Utah and Colorado. All three states are in the top 10 in growth in the country. And if the Big 12 could get Oregon and Washington they would do ot today if they could. Also growing states

No the population is growing out there. I am sure every stare out there is growing. California still has so
Much football talent it’s insane. Arizona Utah Colorado Washington and Oregon have a solid a mount of talent as well. Plus everyone wants to blast California you might want to stop that. They pay a lot of taxes for a lot of states who can’t. Now the fits for the Big 12 is of course the Arizona schools Utah and Colorado. All three states are in the top 10 in growth in the country. And if the Big 12 could get Oregon and Washington they would do ot today if they could. Also growing states

In this course of today's college football climate, I certainly do. The first 7 schools you listed will be, while the last 4 remains to be seen.
Check what today's college writers say on PAC 12.

Sure, the conference could reform with Oregon State, Washington State and a slew of Mountain West schools, but it would be the Pac-12 in name only."

Pretty much like the Big12 has done
Big 12 is no longer being labeled as dead in the water. That's just your opinion because you can't accept the facts that the ACC, SEC nor Big 10 wants WVU. So therefore you attack everyone who still wants to cheer for WVU no matter what.

Big 12 is no longer being labeled as dead in the water. That's just your opinion because you can't accept the facts that the ACC, SEC nor Big 10 wants WVU. So therefore you attack everyone who still wants to cheer for WVU no matter what.
Might not be dead, same as PAC and ACC, but not well off either. And I never “attacked” anyone. Also don’t be so sure WVU isn’t on the SEC’s list. Cheering for WVU and burying your head in the sand are two different things. Being positive about the Big12 doesn’t make our situation better.

Might not be dead, same as PAC and ACC, but not well off either. And I never “attacked” anyone. Also don’t be so sure WVU isn’t on the SEC’s list. Cheering for WVU and burying your head in the sand are two different things. Being positive about the Big12 doesn’t make our situation better.
When you're in the Big 12 positive is all you can be.

If SEC goes to 24 WVU will be on the edge in comp for final pick.

The names might stay the same but PAC, ACC and BIG 12 will be different. Big 12 will have the best leftovers out of the 3 conferences.

The names might stay the same but PAC, ACC and BIG 12 will be different. Big 12 will have the best leftovers out of the 3 conferences.
Probably so, but only the Power 2 will be playing for the top NC.
That’s why we need out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT