ADVERTISEMENT

OH NO THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!

3xWVUenginEER

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2005
WVU has lost to 2 ranked teams (one on the road and one in OT) and now WVU sits at 3-2.

AND people who don't even go to the games ae heartbroken and DEMANDING CHANGE on the Internet.

What will they do?

BLAME DANA!
Blame Oliver, I mean Lyons!
Blame the Uniforms!

Sorry for not poking fun of you last night, but it was just too late when I got home.

I love life sometimes.

Why does attending games matter ??

Besides, there was a good quarter and a half that all the 'real' fans in the stadium were completely unnoticeable. Us at home noticed and so did the announcers, potential recruits, and without doubt our team. ....I mean when you people were not booing our own players.

Way to represent.

I agree with you way more often than not 3x...and I am curious as to your take on the end of the game...

The team fought back from mistakes made in the first half, I give them credit for it, and Dana/Gibby for making the right adjustments...but imo Dana made some very odd decisions at crucial times late...3 TO's at his disposal with a minute left and he elected to let the clock run till 25 seconds or so left was stupid...calling a deep fade at 3rd and 2 in OT ? Just plain wacky ...
I'm not one to jump to irrational decisions or measures but this kind of stuff needs to change...
What is your view on what you saw down the stretch? ....
Thanks.

This year i put my money where my mouth is and Did not Renew my season tickets. you don't have to be there to see what is happenning. Bad playcalls....turnovers...nine in two games....Yeah the boomers and pokes were ranked....doubt the pokes get another game handed to them like this one....the sooners just lost to Tejas....This game follows a familiar pattern we've all seen during DH's tenure. See what you say about hysteria after the next four games....Glad I am not wasting my money. No regrets there.

WVU has lost to 2 ranked teams (one on the road and one in OT) and now WVU sits at 3-2.

AND people who don't even go to the games ae heartbroken and DEMANDING CHANGE on the Internet.

What will they do?

BLAME DANA!
Blame the Uniforms!

Sorry for not poking fun of you last night, but it was just too late when I got home.

I love life sometimes.

I guess you feel better that our 3 wins came against 3 cupcakes?

The people who weren't there didn't waste hundreds of dollars watching Dana lose yet another conference game at home. And I'm guessing none of'm are sitting around crying in their beer over it today. If you telling yourself Dana is the right guy as head coach helps you justify wasting your money by all means have at it. I think this is the season everyone else sees otherwise. The excuse train ended this season. This is now Dana's team. All his players, coaches he chose, and he is the offensive coordinator. On the bright side you'll be even more special the rest of the season, I'm guessing other than the Texas game the stadium will be pretty much empty by WVU standards. This season seems to be a carbon copy of Jeff Casteel's last season here. Defense does it's job and the guru can't get his beloved system to produce. I'm willing to say it won't be any different next season if Dana returns eithj

What will they do?

BLAME DANA!
Blame the Uniforms!

I love life sometimes.
wow....how original from this one!!!!!

I agree with you way more often than not 3x...and I am curious as to your take on the end of the game...

The team fought back from mistakes made in the first half, I give them credit for it, and Dana/Gibby for making the right adjustments...but imo Dana made some very odd decisions at crucial times late...3 TO's at his disposal with a minute left and he elected to let the clock run till 25 seconds or so left was stupid...calling a deep fade at 3rd and 2 in OT ? Just plain wacky ...
I'm not one to jump to irrational decisions or measures but this kind of stuff needs to change...
What is your view on what you saw down the stretch? ....
Thanks.

Thanks

Your take & mine are about the same for this game. Especially Dana & Gibson from 1 half to another. I will say I don't fault him that much for 0:59 left in the game (regulation) with 3 time outs cause the field position on that drive started at the 9 yd line, we are tied, and given Howard's propensity (yeah I been waiting to use that word) to throw the ball to the other team, you needed to be farther out before you let Howard throw it down field. He was better vs Ok State than @ OK, but he is a wild gun at times.

The offensive play calling for OT was not good imo. I'm referring to the last few plays. You can't run Schell wide. One he doesn't have speed, and two he hesitates. I cold throw in there was at least 8 in the box. If he would just be a 1 cut back like Smallwood, we would have a real power backfield.

I am not a coach but I would like to see a 1 back, 3 WR/TE spread the D out and then see if Ok State can stop us on 3rd down with a run pass option based on the #s.

Howard did make some good throws/the young WRs made great catches in the 2nd half. There is some positives there. The 1st half he was out of it. Also going deep on some of those throws when you're 3rd and short and running it well is head scratching. You're drive killing yourself.

I will say the obvious: this game can do 1 of 2 things, break that teams spirit or galvanize them with an all in mentality. The latter is my hope/prediction. In years past it wouldn't have been. Post game shows me that Howard hurt over this one.

I think/hope they're gonna get it figured out. Howard has to learn that incompletions are not always a bad thing and turnovers just kill you. The whole offense needs to learn it. The fumbles by Schell & especially Smallwood were a surprise to me. They've been dependable this season for not fumbling until last night & each had 1. Smallwoods fumble was in extra point fg range. That's 3 pts minimum off the board.

I'll give the defense credit. This D is the best I've seen in quite a few seasons.

Ok State had 1 big rushing play all night and it was a qb run for 40+ yds. They ended up getting 3 on that drive.

In OT, the D only had 1 bad play, the 1st play. That play went from a 3-4 yd loss to a 7 yd gain cause 2 guys lost containment and took a bad angle on their RB when they had him in the backfield.

That's my rambled take.

Btw I just want to say for all the people I'm poking fun at, imagine the "OH NO THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!" being said in a hysterical very high pitched voice to get the full effect of how much I'm poking fun at you. It's all in jest people.

If you think Dana is D-I head coach material, you're fooling yourself. There is no defending his senseless decisions.

The world may not be ending, but our national relevance is fading pretty damned fast...

Why does attending games matter ??

Besides, there was a good quarter and a half that all the 'real' fans in the stadium were completely unnoticeable. Us at home noticed and so did the announcers, potential recruits, and without doubt our team. ....I mean when you people were not booing our own players.

Way to represent.

I was at the game and nobody booed our players. Stop making false statements to further your agenda.

I was at the game and nobody booed our players. Stop making false statements to further your agenda.

There was definitely boo birds at the game.....plus people cheering when one particular player had to leave the game for a play.

Way to represent......

If there were boo birds they were very individual and not noticeable to me. I guess you can hear better from your couch. As for the player leaving the game and there being cheers...to be clear, there was no injury, it was just that his helmet came off. And that should tell you something. It is clear to most that he is not a Big 12 QB and if he is the best we have, that falls directly on the shoulders of the HC. If our aspirations are to be at the bottom half of the Big 12, I would rather have stayed in a conference where we were trying to get that elusive non power 5 bid. Don't get me wrong, I know and understand that being in the Big 12 was our best option, but that means you have to make coaching decisions like others in those conferences make.

Dumb discussion about what happens in the stands. Better discussion is what happens where it counts among contributors, alumni, and in the ADs office. If the losses continue there will and should be changes made. Don't think its fair to speculate or engage in who said what in the stands or anywhere until we see how the season plays out. I hope the Mountaineers continue to play hard and i'm hoping for a win on Saturday against an overrated Baylor. Lets Go Mountaineers!

If there were boo birds they were very individual and not noticeable to me. I guess you can hear better from your couch. As for the player leaving the game and there being cheers...to be clear, there was no injury, it was just that his helmet came off. And that should tell you something. It is clear to most that he is not a Big 12 QB and if he is the best we have, that falls directly on the shoulders of the HC. If our aspirations are to be at the bottom half of the Big 12, I would rather have stayed in a conference where we were trying to get that elusive non power 5 bid. Don't get me wrong, I know and understand that being in the Big 12 was our best option, but that means you have to make coaching decisions like others in those conferences make.

Our aspirations are to win the Big 12, but that is extremely difficult thing to do ( much greater challenge than the Big East ). Every program in this conference (except Kansas) dedicates a lot of resources to their football program and want to win every time. I am sure that OSU wanted to beat WVU the last two years.

I think that Holgorsen has finally got the program to where we can compete with the best of the best. That doesn't mean a win every game especially being in a conference as good as the Big 12, but it beats playing in the AAC or CUSA. Our next two games are against the #2 and #3 teams in the country in brand new spanking stadiums with millions of people watching and hoping for upsets. And if you are wondering, Marshall plays Florida Atlantic (1-4) and North Texas (0-5).

Our aspirations are to win the Big 12, but that is extremely difficult thing to do ( much greater challenge than the Big East ). Every program in this conference (except Kansas) dedicates a lot of resources to their football program and want to win every time. I am sure that OSU wanted to beat WVU the last two years.

I think that Holgorsen has finally got the program to where we can compete with the best of the best. That doesn't mean a win every game especially being in a conference as good as the Big 12, but it beats playing in the AAC or CUSA. Our next two games are against the #2 and #3 teams in the country in brand new spanking stadiums with millions of people watching and hoping for upsets. And if you are wondering, Marshall plays Florida Atlantic (1-4) and North Texas (0-5).
You have to beat a team like OSU on your own field in a night game. You simply have to find a way to win that game to salvage one of the four games against ranked opponents. If not, we are competing with the rest of the conference for mediocrity.

Thanks

Your take & mine are about the same for this game. Especially Dana & Gibson from 1 half to another. I will say I don't fault him that much for 0:59 left in the game (regulation) with 3 time outs cause the field position on that drive started at the 9 yd line, we are tied, and given Howard's propensity (yeah I been waiting to use that word) to throw the ball to the other team, you needed to be farther out before you let Howard throw it down field. He was better vs Ok State than @ OK, but he is a wild gun at times.

The offensive play calling for OT was not good imo. I'm referring to the last few plays. You can't run Schell wide. One he doesn't have speed, and two he hesitates. I cold throw in there was at least 8 in the box. If he would just be a 1 cut back like Smallwood, we would have a real power backfield.

I am not a coach but I would like to see a 1 back, 3 WR/TE spread the D out and then see if Ok State can stop us on 3rd down with a run pass option based on the #s.

Howard did make some good throws/the young WRs made great catches in the 2nd half. There is some positives there. The 1st half he was out of it. Also going deep on some of those throws when you're 3rd and short and running it well is head scratching. You're drive killing yourself.

I will say the obvious: this game can do 1 of 2 things, break that teams spirit or galvanize them with an all in mentality. The latter is my hope/prediction. In years past it wouldn't have been. Post game shows me that Howard hurt over this one.

I think/hope they're gonna get it figured out. Howard has to learn that incompletions are not always a bad thing and turnovers just kill you. The whole offense needs to learn it. The fumbles by Schell & especially Smallwood were a surprise to me. They've been dependable this season for not fumbling until last night & each had 1. Smallwoods fumble was in extra point fg range. That's 3 pts minimum off the board.

I'll give the defense credit. This D is the best I've seen in quite a few seasons.

Ok State had 1 big rushing play all night and it was a qb run for 40+ yds. They ended up getting 3 on that drive.

In OT, the D only had 1 bad play, the 1st play. That play went from a 3-4 yd loss to a 7 yd gain cause 2 guys lost containment and took a bad angle on their RB when they had him in the backfield.

That's my rambled take.
Not so rambled...a pretty good synopsis imo...I agree re: Sky figuring out that he doesn't have to force it, take the incompletion or busted play rather than the killer turnover...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT