ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Official Game Thread -- WVU vs Youngstown St

got me thinking(not always the best idea for me to have an idea)..the only coaches I can recall who were fired after a 9 win season are L Coker, B Pelini, and B Stewart..Pelini went 9-4,10-4,10-4,9-4,10-4,9-4,9-3(fired before the bowl game)

Frank Solich too, right?

Nice drive

It would be nice if Durante would step up or just get off the field. Shorts has been our best, but Gibson's talents should make him head and shoulders the best. White is up and down. Durante is just DOWN. Too much talent just wasting......

When Lyons is sitting in his seat at halftime and wondering if the Offensive Genius should ever coach another game at WVU, he should have an old Rolling Stones song bouncing through his head ...

I told you once and I told you twice
But you never listen to my advice
You don't try very hard to please me
With what you know it should be easy
Well, this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know, oh no, oh no

Well I told you once and I told you twice
That someone will have to pay the price

Well this could be the last time
Maybe the last time
THAT'S NOT THE STONES!..That's a song by Journey! ![roll]:p;)

Solich is beating the crap out of Kansas..

Central Mich beat Oklahoma St..what?

Boy, the Big 12 stinks, huh?

When Lyons is sitting in his seat at halftime and wondering if the Offensive Genius should ever coach another game at WVU, he should have an old Rolling Stones song bouncing through his head ...

I told you once and I told you twice
But you never listen to my advice
You don't try very hard to please me
With what you know it should be easy
Well, this could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know, oh no, oh no

Well I told you once and I told you twice
That someone will have to pay the price

Well this could be the last time
Maybe the last time

Lyons is dangerous to our program. I don't like him and he even screwed up the new renovations to Mountaineer Field. If he fires our coach I hope he has a bullet in his pocket because any good coach wouldn't want to work for him.

Lyons is dangerous to our program. I don't like him and he even screwed up the new renovations to Mountaineer Field. If he fires our coach I hope he has a bullet in his pocket because any good coach wouldn't want to work for him.

What was screwed up on the renovations? I've not been up there yet.

Why wouldn't a good coach want to come here because of Lyons? Because we gave a barely over .500 coach 6 years to do something and he never did? As I've said all along, I don't mind the guy but eventually he has to win big. One 10 win season in a collapsing conference with Stewart's players does not justify the never ending leash for this guy.

Allot of up coming coaches would consider the wvu job. Coaches who come here are going to be given more time than they are at allot of other schools.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't a good coach want to come here because of Lyons? Because we gave a barely over .500 coach 6 years to do something and he never did? As I've said all along, I don't mind the guy but eventually he has to win big. One 10 win season in a collapsing conference with Stewart's players does not justify the never ending leash for this guy.

Money talks when you approach a perspective new coach. Nothing else matters to the shiny shoes folks. NOTHING!

Money talks when you approach a perspective new coach. Nothing else matters to the shiny shoes folks. NOTHING!

Not really. Look at so many $EC schools who can't find consistent success no matter how much money they throw at the problem. Coaches like Saban are few and far between, no amount of money changes that.

I've been craving a fried bologna sandwich for some reason(yes I know what body parts it's made of)..wish I could get a WV tomato.

Buy all beef Bologna. Made from 100% skeletal beef. Nothing like a WV tomato, but I haven't had one in years. Mountaineer BLT = Bologna, lettuce, and tomato.

Not really. Look at so many $EC schools who can't find consistent success no matter how much money they throw at the problem. Coaches like Saban are few and far between, no amount of money changes that.

I don't care to much for money cause "Money can't buy you love." The Beatles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT