ADVERTISEMENT

Now the "excuses"

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
I live in Atlanta and already the "excuses" for yet another Democrat defeat by voters are flowing.

Just to let you all in on some of them we're being serenaded with by the losing Left:

"It rained heavily all day, depressing Democrat normal turnout"

"People grew weary of all of the negative attack ads and just decided not to participate due to the nastiness"

"Democrats traditionally don't do well in off election years"

"The district lines are unfairly drawn to favor Republicans and make it tough for ANY Democrat to win it"

"It was essentially sold as a national election, but actually local issues were more of a factor"

"People wanted to vote for a Woman simply to prove they weren't sexist"

"People voted for Handel because her ads unfairly scared voters away from Ossoff"

"If Ossoff had only lived in the district he would have won"

"There just wasn't enough time to get all the Democrat base voters registered and motivated"

"Many people thought Ossoff was actually a Republican"

"Democrats didn't spend enough money to win it, but came close enough to prove they could if they spend enough"

...and this is the craziest one I'm hearing... "The media was biased against Ossoff because Handel is a Woman"

Last edited:
I live in Atlanta and already the "excuses" for yet another Democrat defeat by voters are flowing.

Just to let you all in on some of them we're being serenaded with by the losing Left:

"People grew weary of all of the negative attack ads and just decided not to participate due to the nastiness"

"The district lines are unfairly drawn to favor Republicans and make it tough for ANY Democrat to win it"

"It was essentially sold as a national election, but actually local issues were more of a factor"

"People voted for Handel because her ads unfairly scared voters away from Ossoff"

"There just wasn't enough time to get all the Democrat base voters registered and motivated"

"Democrats didn't spend enough money to win it, but came close enough to prove they could if they spend enough"

...and this is the craziest one I'm hearing... "The media was biased against Ossoff because Handel is a Woman"
Trump and Putin hacked George W's weather machine and made it rain. Poor turnout.

my brother.....a good day in Georgia

I thought you were leaving this board?

I have for a while...I'm just adding my analysis of last night. Not interested in talking to any misguided Leftists trying to spin it as anything other than another crushing defeat.

Crushing defeat? Hardly, gotta govern everybody, sounds like you were more worried Handel mightld lose than I was hoping Ossoff would pull out the upset, hope the GOP takes it as a mandate for their manchild! lol

You missed the best one brother. The Dem get out the vote effort was hampered because many Dem voters live with their parents and are hard to reach. I kid you not.

Crushing defeat? Hardly, gotta govern everybody, sounds like you were more worried Handel mightld lose than I was hoping Ossoff would pull out the upset, hope the GOP takes it as a mandate for their manchild! lol

You don't pour $30M into a Congressional campaign only to lose and not call it a crushing defeat. The Dems put all they could into this election and still lost in a district Trump won by 1%.

This is clear proof of climate change. I'm starting to like climate change. I going to throw my old refrigerator off a bridge to celebrate.

If you like global warming (I refuse to call it climate change since the climate is always changing), keep the old refrigerator. Turn down your AC. Buy an old car and drive the hell out of it. Put as much carbon as possible into the air. More Dem losses will follow for sure.

Reactions: Airport
Does it shock you he didn't? And does it shock you that even in victory Republicans blame Democrats for.........well........their victory.........[laughing][laughing][laughing]

I honestly think he was pretty concerned about the results so he built an excuse to not be here if Handel lost and he showed back up since she won.

keep the old refrigerator
You're right, I was counting on eventual corrosion and release of Fluorocarbons from the discarded unit. That could take 3 maybe 4 years to ruin the planet. Whose got that kind of time these days?

Dim excuses:

*The sun got in our eyes and threw off our aim.
* We brought the wrong ammo.

The best one I read is that the Dems were having a hard time locating supporters since so many lived with their parents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT