ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we've got our guy...

Ativan

Freshman
Jul 14, 2007
what realistically is our expectation for next year? I think we'll be doing well to be bowl eligible.

Luckily there are three other schools with new coaches.

WV goes 2-1 in OOC.

Beat Kansas, Kansas St and Tech

All they need is one win against
Most Likely
Baylor
Oklahoma St

Maybe
TCU
Iowa St

Unlikely
Oklahoma
Texas

7-5 to 5-7.

If they lose to both Missouri and NC State and then to one of the other schools with a new coach.

They could have issues
Not going 3-3 against the 6 schools I listed.

With the new coaches I think Neal Brown has the second most hope.

Belief in change is important for any new coach

1. Kansas Les Miles
2. WV Neal Brown
3. K State Chris Klieman
4. Tech Wells

But Tech has two QBs returning and K State has one.

Tech and Matt Wells has a lot to work with but people and recruits are jumping ship.
Klieman is interesting because he is a winner and understands the culture around K State because he built a similar program.

But if Neal Brown and WV are going to win they have to win the battle against these four schools.

I'd say making bowl eligibility will be a good result. Should beat JMU, Kansas, and TTU. Will be hard pressed to beat OSU, OU, Texas, ISU, Missouri. @KSU, @TCU, and @Baylor, and NC State at home could be won. So pulling 3 wins out of that last nine is possible. Even if not, it will be interesting to see the progress. Allison may just be trash, but with a staff that is good at identifying what players' strengths are, coaching to those strengths and adapting a game plan to best utilize those strengths may result in a much improved QB toward the end of next season compared to what we witnessed in the bowl game. A losing record is very possible and certainly would not be a major indictment against the coaching staff. It will be how the players and team develop throughout the season, but more importantly how the team progresses from this coming season to the next that will be the true measure of the current coaching staff.

Reactions: dogeered_again
I agree.
Stretching a team vertically is a lot more potent than stretching a team laterally.

Especially in the Big XII because you will a lot of hybrid players that can run and close space on the edges.

But....

I think Lowe has the potential to be a better QB because of his athletic ability.

Can't judge his arm strength or accuracy. But if he can develop as a passer I think he plays.

Allison is a thrower. A big time arm that doesn't have the qualities to play the position.

ADVERTISEMENT