ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing says "team player" like the phrase "I've got to do what's best for me"....

He probably figures he'd be noticed more by college recruiters by playing on a bigger stage than Morgantown High has to offer. Give the kid a break.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
He probably figures he'd be noticed more by college recruiters by playing on a bigger stage than Morgantown High has to offer. Give the kid a break.
Seems like he had a pretty big "in" right down the road at WVU considering his dad coaches the team. No better opportunity than that.

Dad is the head coach of the state university in West Virginia.......sorry that I feel that this is a slap in the face to the state of West Virginia for "not being good enough".

Reactions: Rootmaster

Camps and on site visits would take care of his potential offers. The actually games he plays are really for development. If he's any good coaches will notice at camps. Maybe he doesn't like the offense. Maybe he doesn't like the coach. Maybe he just isn't that good.

Maybe you've never been part of a "team", and that's why you don't understand this......
What exactly are we supposed to understand?

It sounds like you're more upset he didn't clear this with you before making his decision.

Dad is the head coach of the state university in West Virginia.......sorry that I feel that this is a slap in the face to the state of West Virginia for "not being good enough".

Gotta love how Rootmaster liked this post and he lives in Florida.

What's wrong Root? West Virginia not good enough for you now?

@OP :
So when choosing where to go to school he's not supposed to base his decision on what's best for him?
Your point or lack thereof is ridiculous.
It's his life. If he chooses to change high schools because he believes it will be positive for him, that's his right with his parents blessing.
That's like saying you shouldn't choose a career change or a promotion because you should be a good 'team' player for your coworkers.

.....Morgantown HS football transfer.......

Maybe you've never been part of a "team", and that's why you don't understand this......

Way more teams than you for sure. Doubling down on typical self righteous crap. Teams and life are a two way street. I get a kick out of the guy that has virtually zero facts or knowledge yet can't help but pass judgements. Maybe the kids a jerk. Maybe not. You have literally no idea. Typical.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
I'm guessing that his daddy would know where he was and could contact him except in quiet times. Then again who knows s Holg's isn't a real West Virginian and probably doesn't care. That should cover both sides of that argument !

It is comical to see predictions for a great season be based upon the fact that an "apparent" big time QB fell into our lap. Dude hasn't thrown a WVU pass yet...behind a rebuilt line no less. There is also the fact that QBs getting through a season uninjured is rare these days. And, of course, there is the issue that one player does not suddenly evaluate the Mountaineers above Oklahoma etc...who are filled with good players. Those predicting nirvana must know something I don't because last time I checked the other nine schools are trying to win also. Still say 8-4 or 9-3 as the best...and if either the Virginia Tech game is a bust or our new QB gets hurt then 6-6 ...maybe.

Way more teams than you for sure. Doubling down on typical self righteous crap. Teams and life are a two way street. I get a kick out of the guy that has virtually zero facts or knowledge yet can't help but pass judgements. Maybe the kids a jerk. Maybe not. You have literally no idea. Typical.

Uh-oh, it's on! Al Bundy vs.The Billdozer in the Depends Steel Cage Death Match of "I Played High School Football".

Where's Hank to tell us how his bum ankle that cost Arlen the State Championship?

Uh-oh, it's on! Al Bundy vs.The Billdozer in the Depends Steel Cage Death Match of "I Played High School Football".

Where's Hank to tell us how his bum ankle that cost Arlen the State Championship?

Man are you a geek! What instrument did you play at band camp. I'm guessing the flute.

WV will always be home. That said, some of us moved away from mommy and have lived around the world. lol
Since you live in Florida you should let mr vault in on a little secret. The Miami qb that transferred was 3rd or 4th on the depth chart depending on what resource you refer to. They will say he was a 4 star so he must be great but so was William crest and David sills and we have seen how great they were at slinging the pigskin around over the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT