ADVERTISEMENT

Not many gimmes left on the WVU slate...if the

Tonycried

All-American
Aug 6, 2004
Mounties can't hold serve Saturday at home not sure where the season ends up! You boys play great defense to be sure but not so great if you can't just ball hawk the opponent.

Mounties can't hold serve Saturday at home not sure where the season ends up! You boys play great defense to be sure but not so great if you can't just ball hawk the opponent.

There aren't any gimme's in the Big XII at all. We do need to hold serve at home on Saturday, but I'm not sure Kansas has another lose on their schedule. Maybe we can take home the tournament trophy, but I don't think we'll hold on for a share of the regular season title at this point.

Texas is tough. They don't turn it over. Not having Miles and Paige doesn't help, but we had them the first time we played Texas and the result was the same.

Adrian is shooting great over the last few games. We need a couple of the other guys to be hitting the gym too.

There aren't any gimme's in the Big XII at all. We do need to hold serve at home on Saturday, but I'm not sure Kansas has another lose on their schedule. Maybe we can take home the tournament trophy, but I don't think we'll hold on for a share of the regular season title at this point.

Texas is tough. They don't turn it over. Not having Miles and Paige doesn't help, but we had them the first time we played Texas and the result was the same.

Adrian is shooting great over the last few games. We need a couple of the other guys to be hitting the gym too.
I tend to think WVU is playing for their tournament seed( the big tournament, that people remember). I can see WVU being as high as a 3 seed or conceivably missing the dance altogether ( unlikely) but most likely a 5-6 seed.

I tend to think WVU is playing for their tournament seed( the big tournament, that people remember). I can see WVU being as high as a 3 seed or conceivably missing the dance altogether ( unlikely) but most likely a 5-6 seed.

Lunardi has us as a 3 seed right now. I can't see us missing it altogether. For that to happen we'd probably have to lose ALL of our remaining games and lose in the 1st round of the Big XII tournament.

We have Oklahoma at home on Saturday. Could go either way depending on how we play.
We have ISU at home. We beat them on the road, should win at home, but they are tough.
We are @OKState. Not a gimme but we should win, we won the first by 17.
We have TTU at home. We should win that one. Again, we beat them there, should beat them here.
Then we are @Baylor. They are gonna want revenge and will blind us with the highlighter uniforms.

Lunardi has us as a 3 seed right now. I can't see us missing it altogether. For that to happen we'd probably have to lose ALL of our remaining games and lose in the 1st round of the Big XII tournament.

We have Oklahoma at home on Saturday. Could go either way depending on how we play.
We have ISU at home. We beat them on the road, should win at home, but they are tough.
We are @OKState. Not a gimme but we should win, we won the first by 17.
We have TTU at home. We should win that one. Again, we beat them there, should beat them here.
Then we are @Baylor. They are gonna want revenge and will blind us with the highlighter uniforms.
If WVU was to lose out...welcome to the NIT! But the chances of that seems very remote.

If WVU was to lose out...welcome to the NIT! But the chances of that seems very remote.

We'll be fine ... this isn't an NIT year, we already have 20 wins. Included in those wins is a win over then #1 and several against other ranked opponents. To this point, I believe we only have one loss to a team outside of the top 25.

This has been a maddening team to watch. We could make a DEEP run in the tourney, or we could lose really early.

We'll be fine ... this isn't an NIT year, we already have 20 wins. Included in those wins is a win over then #1 and several against other ranked opponents. To this point, I believe we only have one loss to a team outside of the top 25.

This has been a maddening team to watch. We could make a DEEP run in the tourney, or we could lose really early.
100% agree...I think it really comes down to your opponent in the dance. If they can withstand your pressure and not turn the ball over 200 times, they can beat WVU, but if they can't take your press, they will lose!

100% agree...I think it really comes down to your opponent in the dance. If they can withstand your pressure and not turn the ball over 200 times, they can beat WVU, but if they can't take your press, they will lose!

The wildcard in that is whether or not Carter and Miles and others hit the gym more often practicing their shots. Adrian has been doing it and he's been on fire. If the other guys do the same, then we won't be quite so reliant on turnovers. That's a big if, but they have had streaks of really good shooting, so it's not like I'm saying that Macon has to be a 3 point threat. :) I don't think it would take as much for them.

The wildcard in that is whether or not Carter and Miles and others hit the gym more often practicing their shots. Adrian has been doing it and he's been on fire. If the other guys do the same, then we won't be quite so reliant on turnovers. That's a big if, but they have had streaks of really good shooting, so it's not like I'm saying that Macon has to be a 3 point threat. :) I don't think it would take as much for them.
There are no "suspect' teams left once you get pass the 1st round of the dance...WVU in a half court game against virtually any of them seems shaky at best to me, I honestly prefer MU's team if we could in bound the ball at half court! But if you boys can trap 'em and turn them over ,they can break out the baseball bats cause their hoop season is over.

There are no "suspect' teams left once you get pass the 1st round of the dance...WVU in a half court game against virtually any of them seems shaky at best to me, I honestly prefer MU's team if we could in bound the ball at half court! But if you boys can trap 'em and turn them over ,they can break out the baseball bats cause their hoop season is over.

There haven't been any "suspect" teams on our schedule once we got to conference play either. There are at least 6 Big XII teams projected to be in the dance.

There haven't been any "suspect" teams on our schedule once we got to conference play either. There are at least 6 Big XII teams projected to be in the dance.
TCU ain't packing much! Tech, KSU and OSU are half ass at best....top to bottom a very strong conference, possible the best but not without a couple of games where you don't have to play your best!

TCU ain't packing much! Tech, KSU and OSU are half ass at best....top to bottom a very strong conference, possible the best but not without a couple of games where you don't have to play your best!

I agree, but they aren't exactly "gimme" games either. Although TCU was pretty close to that. Overall I'd say that it's a tougher league than the Big East was. The Big East had some really good teams, but there were a few "St. Johns" in there as well.

I agree, but they aren't exactly "gimme" games either. Although TCU was pretty close to that. Overall I'd say that it's a tougher league than the Big East was. The Big East had some really good teams, but there were a few "St. Johns" in there as well.
...but the BE had a tremendous reputation! I think you boys went dancing one year with 13 losses!

...but the BE had a tremendous reputation! I think you boys went dancing one year with 13 losses!

it was well deserved too, but when it expanded to 16 we didn't have to play everybody. So playing in the league wasn't as tough as playing in this league where you play everybody twice.

it was well deserved too, but when it expanded to 16 we didn't have to play everybody. So playing in the league wasn't as tough as playing in this league where you play everybody twice.
It was a war.... but not sure any 13 loss team should be dancing but hard to write down 63 other teams better than WVU that season!

It was a war.... but not sure any 13 loss team should be dancing but hard to write down 63 other teams better than WVU that season!

Yeah, but that's not how the bracket works either ... with automatic qualifiers you aren't getting the top 64 teams. Or 68, or whatever it is now.

Yeah, but that's not how the bracket works either ... with automatic qualifiers you aren't getting the top 64 teams. Or 68, or whatever it is now.
True but always hard to say who truly is the top 64 ....neutral courts and neutral refs bring upsets into play!

WVU Men's Basketball
WVU checks in at No. 10 in the NCAA RPI today.
Remaining opponents RPI:
OU (4),
Iowa St. (17),
Okla. St. (141),
Texas Tech (27),
Baylor (26)

Yeah, no more Marshall's on the schedule that WVU could just sleep-walk to another victory.

It's alright, this B12 schedule will make us a tough out in the tournament.

Gimmies..........something Marshall fans and admins specialize in........not surprised that a Herdiot is in favor of Gimmies......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT