ADVERTISEMENT

Not even Dana swept the Oklahoma's.

More reflective of our opponents imploding, but yea, he also has a 2-0 record vs VT.
And where I live, and the obnoxious Virginia Tech fans that we’re established in 2001 to feel year in and year out that they are on the cusp of a national championship, those two wins mean a lot.

If the guy would just clean up the damn program and stop the ignorant delay of games, stupid penalties, etc. we would be in so much better shape. I think the new A.D. May ride the coattails of Shane‘s decision and keep him for another year

And where I live, and the obnoxious Virginia Tech fans that we’re established in 2001 to feel year in and year out that they are on the cusp of a national championship, those two wins mean a lot.

If the guy would just clean up the damn program and stop the ignorant delay of games, stupid penalties, etc. we would be in so much better shape. I think the new A.D. May ride the coattails of Shane‘s decision and keep him for another year

I am all about giving the head coach time, he’s had it and we are not a few bad penalties or breaks from a breakthrough here. We are a very deserving 5-7 during a time in a coaches tenure that the program should be peaking. He sucks

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Kneel Brown is a really awful coach....year 4 and not even making bowl. Shame Lyings gave him a get out of jail free card with an absurd buyout....that is so irresponsible it should be investigated, too much money floating in the ether....

I think some of that cash gets recycled back to the AD's who negotiate weak AF.

When Dana was coaching OU and OSU could actually throw and catch passes.
Dana also had an offense and still couldn't win. OU and OSU could throw and catch the first 3 years of Brown's illustrious sewage career as well.

At least he could beat a terrible Texas Tech team.

Dana can eff right off as a lazy, mediocre head coach. But let's not be disingenuous by not acknowledging this year WVU had way better opportunities and situations to beat OSU and Oklahoma than Holgorsen ever had. Holgorsen did manage to beat #11 Oklahoma State before that team was riddled with injuries and limping at the end of a disappointing season.

Dana can eff right off as a lazy, mediocre head coach. But let's not be disingenuous by not acknowledging this year WVU had way better opportunities and situations to beat OSU and Oklahoma than Holgorsen ever had. Holgorsen did manage to beat #11 Oklahoma State before that team was riddled with injuries and limping at the end of a disappointing season.
Don't care. WVU was worse than both and beat them. Beat OSU with 3rd string QB and true freshman. Holgorsen came close several times only to fail against OU. So I wouldn't pretend Dana had no hope of beating them at least once.

2012 - Lost 50-49
2013 - Lost 16-7
2018 - Lost 59-56

I was told by this board injuries should not be used as an excuse because everybody has them. Holgorsen started the slide that saw us lose 7 straight to Okie light. But this thread was nothing but a fishing expedition for a certain troll.

Brown had a chance last year an analyzed himself out of a victory.
2021 Lost 16-13

That outlines what I always felt about Dana. I think he could be a really good head coach, but he's lazy and sloppy and parties too much. If he cleaned up got motivated and gave it his all, I think he would be a lot better. He's a smart dude. Too bad for him.

That outlines what I always felt about Dana. I think he could be a really good head coach, but he's lazy and sloppy and parties too much. If he cleaned up got motivated and gave it his all, I think he would be a lot better. He's a smart dude. Too bad for him.
Agree. He also needs to stay away from the powder.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I can sympathize somewhat to what Shane said when he felt like this was Neal’s second year. Dana did leave this place in quite of a mess when he left which should have bought Neal two years and then of course Covid..

Dana definitely left the cupboard bare. It’s a bit deceiving because we were a pretty good team his last year 2018 but almost every contributor on offense did not return for 2019. Pretty much the same on a defense that wasn’t that great in 2018 to begin with. Dana did a good job with transfers and such to usually have a pretty talented starting 22 for a lot of his tenure but struggled to ever build any depth. That coupled with the mass exodus from 2018 left the cupboard pretty darn bare for 2019.

That being said still no excuse for WVU being where it is 4 full years in. Never understood the covid excuse, every team dealt with the same pandemic

Dana definitely left the cupboard bare. It’s a bit deceiving because we were a pretty good team his last year 2018 but almost every contributor on offense did not return for 2019. Pretty much the same on a defense that wasn’t that great in 2018 to begin with. Dana did a good job with transfers and such to usually have a pretty talented starting 22 for a lot of his tenure but struggled to ever build any depth. That coupled with the mass exodus from 2018 left the cupboard pretty darn bare for 2019.

That being said still no excuse for WVU being where it is 4 full years in. Never understood the covid excuse, every team dealt with the same pandemic

Because WVU is especially a victim. Meteor set to destroy all life on earth. West Virginia expected to be hit the hardest.

After 4 years, covid and bare cupboards or not, you should farther along than this shit show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT