ADVERTISEMENT

Not appreciating the hatin' on Will Grier

WVUDisciples

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2002
I've heard he took a shot to the head in the Tech game and he's fighting concussion symptoms.

If this is the case, it's the 3rd straight QB that DH has thrown out there with a concussion. Trickett, SH, now Grier. We've got two 4-star QBs on the bench, but instead of DH having them ready, we struggle against two Big 12 bottom dwellers.

I don't mind losing. I do mind tossing a QB out there who can't think straight.

I haven't heard that one. If true, he shouldn't be playing at all. I would rather lose all games then have someone keep playing with concussions or concussion like symptoms. Not cool at all. I guess eventually something will come out.

It’s not true.....

Just another angle for OP to blame Dana for the QB shitting the bed in back to back games

You're right. The remedy for beating us is simple.

1) Show 5 man box. WVU WILL NOT run the ball to the outside. So defensively, crash linemen opposite side the back is. Bring backers to the back side. Stop for no gain. 2nd and 10.

2. Bring safety blitz through B gap. WVU will not throw to tight end, H-back, or back in flat. Will not throw tunnel screen either (maybe once, even if it goes for 20 yards). QB gets sacked because either 1) all routes are at least 12 yards or B) QB won't throw to open receiver. 3rd and 22.

3. Keep everything in front of you while you rush 3. Left guard #73 couldn't block the exit of a mortuary. Center might block someone if they trip over him after knocking him on his ass. Nose tackle gets pressure forcing QB to throw a screen to the RB on a down nobody is blitzing. Back luckily gets back to the original line of scrimmage. 4th and 10. Punt.

Repeat as necessary.

Keatoncorner is actually right here. Grier played bad and he isn’t the god send some on here think he is. WVU football went 10-2 before Grier started with Skyler Howard. WVU football will be good after Grier. Grier is good but not as great as some think.

My%2BWay.gif

I place all the blame on the Head Coach. Everything starts with the Head Coach it's that simple. Game preparation, player development, in-gane adjustments and taking the heat for embarrassing losses that and much more is on Holgrosen and nobody else.

On the flip side of that is when everything is going well it's also on Holgrosen. It's part of being the man in charge. .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT