ADVERTISEMENT

Next year?

Boomboom521

All-American
Mar 14, 2014
Loses: Howard, Shorts, Shell, Matteo, Pankey, Orlosky, Brown, Noble, D. Howard, Walters, Arnt, Crawford, Douglas, Tyler, Harper, Fleming....might have missed someone

Big returners: Crawford, Wellman, McKoy, McKivitz, Bosch, Gibson, Durante, Ka White, Long, Preston, Ky White, Battle

Ferns, Henry come back from injury

OFFENSE:
Looks like the line takes a hit...3 of 5 starters. Lingafelter mightvease that loss Cajuste as well?

Grier brings an upgrade to QB (props to Skylers heart), but I'm excited about this position.

RB and WR should be fine?

DEFENSE:
Again the line looks to take the greatest hit. All 3 starters? I'm not sure how much Shriner played? Shuler? I know there were some injuries here to guys that coaches felt could contribute?

Linebacker core looks ok. Preston and Long look good? Ferns?

Secondary gets hit hard too. Henry coming back helps. Ky White was great. Can Battle be a dependable corner? Who else steps in?

Loses: Howard, Shorts, Shell, Matteo, Pankey, Orlosky, Brown, Noble, D. Howard, Walters, Arnt, Crawford, Douglas, Tyler, Harper, Fleming....might have missed someone

Big returners: Crawford, Wellman, McKoy, McKivitz, Bosch, Gibson, Durante, Ka White, Long, Preston, Ky White, Battle

OFFENSE:
Looks like the line takes a hit...3 of 5 starters. Lingafelter mightvease that loss Cajuste as well?

Grier brings an upgrade to QB (props to Skylers heart), but I'm excited about this position.

DEFENSE:
Again the line looks to take the greatest hit. All 3 starters? I'm not sure how much Shriner played? Shuler? I know there were some injuries here to guys that coaches felt could contribute?

Secondary gets hit hard too. Henry coming back helps. Ky White was great. Can Battle be a dependable corner? Who else steps in?

1. Losing a lot of play makers and starters.
  2. Grier only played in 6 games at UF and not against elite competition, so he is unproven.
  3. The schedule appears very easy again. We only play one good team, though VaTech also might be good.
  4. 7-5

I think there is some JUCO help coming in on the Defensive side of the ball, not sure about the offense.

If Grier can be equal to or better than Skyler (and that's giving Skyler the benefit, if ykwim) then the Offense should be Ok too.

Consider some upgrades at Texas and TCU, and everyone else staying about the same in the BigXii, maybe 9-3?

Another prediction for a so-so season seems about right. WVU is beginning to be the team that other P5 coaches describe as "explosive, well coached and dangerous" before the game and "we beat a fine football team" after the game. The spread and flag football mentality has killed WVU football.

You will not be as lucky as this past year verses Kansas State. We should have beat you in Morgantown. It is a home game for us next year and that alone will tip things in our favor. More importantly, our team developed a lot after playing West Virginia. We finally got our offensive line situation addressed. The coaches finally found our best running back. We add another good running back who was a red shirt freshman this year. Also we will add another wide receive who is like Pringle, tall and fast. Our QB should be better and hopefully his passing accuracy and completion percentages will improve. I see the 2017 game as being K-State 35 Vest Virginia 21.

Last edited:

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

Shorts will be the BIGGEST loss in my opinion.

You will not be as lucky as this past year verses Kansas State. We should have beat you in Morgantown. It is a home game for us next year and that alone will tip things in our favor. More importantly, our team developed a lot after playing West Virginia. We finally got our offensive line situation addressed. The coaches finally found our best running back. We add another good running back who was a red shirt freshman this year. Also we will add another wide receive who is like Pringle, tall and fast. Our QB should be better and hopefully his passing accuracy and completion percentages will improve. I see the 2017 game as being K-State 35 Vest Virginia 21.

No one should take you lightly, you have a very solid program.

Our five toughest games, in no particular order, K State, Baylor (they will rebound with new coach, in fact rebounded late this year with good games against us and Boise St) TCU (solid program, will get things corrected), Ok St and Oklahoma.

With an improved qb and solid replacements at the few losses we have at the skilled positions, we will be tough next year.

Next year the team will be 7-5 at best. The O-line won't be as good so the running game will suffer. The schedule will be allot harder K State, Tcu , baylor, Oklahoma are all road games and we open with a neutral site game with Va tech who won 9 games in the Acc this year and we saw what an 8 win Acc team did to us. The Russell athletic bowl will go down as Fluffer Holgorsen's waterloo.

images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT