ADVERTISEMENT

NEW TOPIC: For those who like to Invest & Trade Stocks, ETFs, or Futures

Not sure how many of you within our board have a passion for trading or investing, but I thought I would start a topic to discuss strategic philosophies, concepts, analytics, adaptive methodologies, etc.

While I am a Quantitative Analyst / Head Strategist, I am not here to promote nor a solicitation of any individual product, service, and/or equity, but to maybe provide additional information into new concepts, methodologies, and/or ideas that you may not be aware of, possibly something to be considered for additional personal research/exploration. This is to be a positive & productive post, so we may all benefit from the sharing of information, ideas, and/or individual experiences. So I look forward to the processes of learning with all that choose to share and participate.

*Everything mentioned in this thread are personal opinions, not to be considered investment advice.

Ill start the discussion by sharing an article I wrote on Linkedin, which discusses the differences between Traditional Buy & Hold and Multi-Entry+Multi-Alpha Value concepts. Link below:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/comparing-traditional-buyhold-multi-value-market-timing-brian-miller/?trackingId=MBgoSIsMTPHAyQfD7VSnfA==

I look forward to exploring & sharing my personal passion of quantitative analytics, modeling, & strategic design with my fellow #Mountaineers!
Do you do any analysis of call and put option strategies? Buying puts to hedge long positions might be the way to go in the next couple of weeks, as a Biden victory might sink the stock market in the short term.

Do you do any analysis of call and put option strategies? Buying puts to hedge long positions might be the way to go in the next couple of weeks, as a Biden victory might sink the stock market in the short term.

Its funny that you found your way into this thread. But you have been busy posting under your multiple accounts.

Last edited:

Hi OSUGrad!

Yes, options can be a great way to exploit short term volatility, value, etc for those who are well versed in their understanding, familiarization, & acceptance of the different risks/applications/rules/etc associated with options/strikes/holding periods. That said, we do not develop any Option strategies, however the models we design thats applied to Sector&Index ETFs produce signals that can then be deployed on options. They can be used as signal/trade/action confirmation, but the user ultimately deploys discretion ..

We prefer to stick with actual assets, as they can be more easily fully automated, and deploy more adaptive money/allocation management. Some of the individuals & institutions we lease our models to prefer underlying, so it was more of a individual business decision for us. Tho, it is something Ive wanted to pursue at some point in the future.

That said, we do design Index Futures models that can execute Long & Short positions, tho they typically exude a 70/30 Long/Short ratio, aligned with market behaviors...

We prefer to buy@value & Sell@profit, and to do so quickly(1-20days), then reinvest the position return immediately back into the allocation model/control module, which increases max shares for next position, allowing for an increased compounding rate. This increases CAGR, compared to B&H which mainly relies on dividend reinvestment for compounded growth, which only occurs 4 times per yr, typically.

Presidential elections always invite market volatility, which we would prefer to exploit from a Long perspective, if the underlying fundamentals are still solid, and our behavioral analytics have not identified traditional Buy&Hold portfolio management/institutions are not rebalancing into "Defensive Assets".. Elections usually offer some short term trading opportunities, like in 2008, 2012, & 2016 with SP500, Gold, & $Dollar. You can also hedge via Gold Futures, LONG SPY & SHORT RSP methodology, or Inverse ETFs such as SPXU. One thing I love about the markets, there are always a plethora of options available for any objective.

I personally never understood the mindset of deploying a hedge, simply to hedge another position. The "Hedge" should also have a high probability of producing positive outcome, thus its hedging characteristics are a positive side effect and not the main priority, but all of which are my personal opinions, not to be considered investment advice.

Last edited:
NCAA is that company's biggest client, although we took a huge financial hit this year with all of the events cancelled, mainly the NCAA tournament.

Well, hopefully things get back on track for your business sooner than later. I would imagine the negative economic impact from COVID is being somewhat delayed & reduced, due to the Feds spending, but hopefully as vaccines become more widely available, things will get back to normal and 2020 will be all but a very bad dream for everyone who sourced through this years trials & tribulations.

The disappointing part of all the vaccine news, is why/how they are not publicly funding the actual optimal path which uses dual methods for vaccination, and a positive side effect is the T_Cells help fight any cancerous cells in your body. This vaccine would also last much longer then the single protein method the major pharma companies are currently working on now. So while the first vaccine available will be great, I foresee vastly better options 1-3 years after the first batch are available.

We have never developed a vaccine for a RNA virus, and as necessity being the mother of all invention, a few years from now, COVID could have ignited marvelous advances in new types of therapies, derived by mapping certain virus & protein structures( Viral cell delivery methods, ie smart pills like the Bourne movie :)). While I seriously do not intend for this to be a political statement or endorsement of any side, I am extremely disappointed Congress politicizing the Stimulus, by including things which have absolutely nothing to do with mitigating the negative economic impact of COVID+Shutdowns... I seriously dont understand how they are allowed to do things like that in a time of national crisis, it should be considered treasonous, when small & medium businesses are taking it in the shorts.. National Disasters such as this, use to be a driving force for unity & compromise, but the divide it seems is ever widening and unmendable, perhaps the most disheartening of all.

3rd & 4th qtrs of 2021 should see significant leaps forward in general activity, while I hope its before March, for your company's sake, at least its short term in the grand scheme of life. Im sure you along with other members of upper management have through detailed analysis identified methods to improve operational efficiency, risk & cost reduction, to improve profitability%, the good news for you is those methods can be applied after things get back to normal, so maybe that will bode well for you in the future!

Hi Greg

If you would like to connect outside of this board, feel free to reach out on Linkedin. If you login into LI then click one of the links Ive posted here, my profile & info will be visible/available to you.

Enjoy your evening!

I’m not on LinkedIn. Not worth the compliance headache to me. You guys have a website? Do you guys actually invest money? Or just a think tank stuff helping institutional consultants. My work day just ended. Will be glad when election is over. Individual stocks and bonds accumulated over years. Accumulating on 8% declines when fundamentals justify. Supported with 4 and 5 star funds diversified over 9 economic cycles. Weighted more Tech and Healthcare. Weighted away from value and in growth obviously. Started using a fee based Vanguard ETF platform. I’ve always kept it simple.

I have a twin brother some of you may know. Loves the site. Very entertaining stuff goes on here.

I’m not on LinkedIn. Not worth the compliance headache to me. You guys have a website? Do you guys actually invest money? Or just a think tank stuff helping institutional consultants. My work day just ended. Will be glad when election is over. Individual stocks and bonds accumulated over years. Accumulating on 8% declines when fundamentals justify. Supported with 4 and 5 star funds diversified over 9 economic cycles. Weighted more Tech and Healthcare. Weighted away from value and in growth obviously. Started using a fee based Vanguard ETF platform. I’ve always kept it simple.

Hi Greg,

I understand... Well versed with long work days too, so I understand. Im actually up late myself working on the final touches of a few new models for XLK, XLY, XLI, & XLV atm. I would imagine your investor relations support has been busier then normal this year, to be expected in such a year, of which I hope its been positive thus far. I didnt want/intend this thread to be about me personally or my company, I was trying to find a way to message you directly, but could not find that function here, as I hope to keep the thread focused more on information sharing, learning processes, etc, and not a promotion of any type. I will say, we do have a website, and We service a wide variety of clients(retail, institutions, PM's, etc) primarily through SaaS business model or more customized agreements for specific client types. If you youtube "Brian Miller Trader", some of my podcast interviews should come up. Once you located, if you shoot me an email, Ill forward the articles to you for your downtime. If you have a genuine passion for this space, while they are a different sub-sector & perspective, you still may find them interesting, tho probably not applicable to you, unless you have an interest to offer more AAM/TAM style services or eventually launch a HF..

Goodluck fighting off tomorrows post-lunchtime nap
chEERS!

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

Its funny that you found your way into this thread. But you have been busy posting under your multiple accounts.
You're wrong, as usual. Unlike you, I've posted under only one handle on here for years. This thread is about a serious topic being discussed by adults, so spread your paranoid delusions and Marxism rhetoric elsewhere.

Hi Greg,

I understand... Well versed with long work days too, so I understand. Im actually up late myself working on the final touches of a few new models for XLK, XLY, XLI, & XLV atm. I would imagine your investor relations support has been busier then normal this year, to be expected in such a year, of which I hope its been positive thus far. I didnt want/intend this thread to be about me personally or my company, I was trying to find a way to message you directly, but could not find that function here, as I hope to keep the thread focused more on information sharing, learning processes, etc, and not a promotion of any type. I will say, we do have a website, and We service a wide variety of clients(retail, institutions, PM's, etc) primarily through SaaS business model or more customized agreements for specific client types. If you youtube "Brian Miller Trader", some of my podcast interviews should come up. Once you located, if you shoot me an email, Ill forward the articles to you for your downtime. If you have a genuine passion for this space, while they are a different sub-sector & perspective, you still may find them interesting, tho probably not applicable to you, unless you have an interest to offer more AAM/TAM style services or eventually launch a HF..

Goodluck fighting off tomorrows post-lunchtime nap
chEERS!

I will definitely google you after election Brian. I’m not a trader so the passion would be educational by nature. My asset management, as I mentioned previously, is more traditional asset allocation and diversification oriented focusing on typical indexes and sectors. Where do you live? If I can help you in any way I would. Maybe give me a sense on your licensing and who you market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatility
Hey, Volatility: Do you recommend any ETFs that accurately track the price of oil? USO has been a colossal failure at doing so since the pandemic began.

Not VOL but I bought HAL, BP and XOM on way down from previous positions. I haven’t done ETFs so maybe Vol has some feedback.

My parents have owned a ton of shares of Mobil, which has been merged into Exxon, for decades. I convinced them to sell 500 shares of XOM @ more than $60/share in January, and wish that they had sold more. Millennials hate fossil fuels, and many of them won't buy any shares of oil & gas companies' stock, so the future prospects for these stocks is poor, IMO. Don't fight the mob or a trend...

My parents have owned a ton of shares of Mobil, which has been merged into Exxon, for decades. I convinced them to sell 500 shares of XOM @ more than $60/share in January, and wish that they had sold more. Millennials hate fossil fuels, and many of them won't buy any shares of oil & gas companies' stock, so the future prospects for these stocks is poor, IMO. Don't fight the mob or a trend...

(*Everything mentioned is my personal opinion, not to be considered investment advice or a solicitation of any individual product, service, or equity )

You may research DBO, it seems to have tracked pretty well recently.

If you dont mind sharing, what is the current avg-entry-price for the current position? While Im not trying to provide any advice, if I was to develop a multi-value model for XOM the method/decision tree the model would deploy would be dependent on avg-entry-price for current position, which is why I ask.

While continued electric vehicle & transportation development will reduce demand, Crude is also a heavily manipulated market, where reduced production agreements can reduced the correlation between demand & price, ie supply & price :) . XTN or other transportation ETFs can also be used as a leading indicator for activity too, for continued position analysis/action.

Also, depending on what platform you are using, many platforms like Tradestation, MultiCharts, or NinjaTrader allow for you to add multiple data streams to a single chart/workspace. Then open up indicators and find a percentchange or correlation indicator that analyzes/compares both data streams. You can search for correlation this way.

If you cant find anything this would be a simple calculation for percentchange dual data stream, which offers a few different visualization options, ( 4 different plots):

inputs: Len(20);

vars: dta1(0),dta2(0),pc1(0),pc2(0),avg1(0),avg2(0);

dta1 = close data1;
dta2 = close data2;

pc1 = percentchange(dta1,len);
pc2 = percentchange(dta2,len);

avg1 = xaverage(pc1,len);
avg2 = xaverage(pc2,len);

vars: dfp(0),dfa(0),dfavg1(0),dfavg2(0);

dfp = pc1 - pc2;
dfa = avg1 - avg2;

dfavg1 = xaverage(dfp,len);
dfavg2 = xaverage(dfa,len);

inputs: plot_pc(false),plot_avg(false),plot_df(true),plot_dfavg(true);

if plot_pc = true then
plot1(pc1,"pc1") else no plot(1);

if plot_pc = true then
plot2(pc2,"pc2") else no plot(2);

if plot_avg = true then
plot3(avg1,"avg1") else no plot(3);

if plot_avg = true then
plot4(avg2,"avg2") else no plot(4);

if plot_df = true then
plot5(dfp,"dfp") else no plot(5);

if plot_df = true then
plot6(dfa,"dfa") else no plot(6);

if plot_dfavg = true then
plot7(dfavg1,"dfavg1") else no plot(7);

if plot_dfavg = true then
plot8(dfavg2,"dfavg2") else no plot(8);

Last edited:
I will definitely google you after election Brian. I’m not a trader so the passion would be educational by nature. My asset management, as I mentioned previously, is more traditional asset allocation and diversification oriented focusing on typical indexes and sectors. Where do you live? If I can help you in any way I would. Maybe give me a sense on your licensing and who you market.

Good stuff, Ive designed a couple proprietary allocation models, designed more for longer term objectives, so we may have a few applicable topics to discuss you may find interesting, and not fall asleep from a data nerd :) Charleston WV, but the majority of our clients are out of FL, Chicago, NYC, LA, thankfully our business is not dependent on local clientele. Should you wish to chat, after election, just youtube search or search my "about" and you'll find what ya need.

Yeah, Im refraining from discussing politics here, its the quickest way to extract negativity, esp when you are a IND, and both sides disagree with your non-partisan perspectives :) Whatever happens, I just hope we can get Term limits on all Senate & Congress, it would solve so many issues...

Heres an article in which I discuss how organic human behaviors, and common algorithmic execution methods can have an impact on directional probabilities on a weekly, daily, & intra-day basis. Link below:

(*Everything mentioned & shown is my personal opinion, not to be considered investment advice)

Quantitative methods to identify per asset value in various market environments:

I typically deploy a method called "Market Classification", in which I analyze 64 repetitive market environments, then design a strategic model for each of the 64 classifications. These concepts all seek to exploit random, reverting, or cyclical value. We also deploy dynamic multi-factorial value calculations to isolate the optimal % Allocated to each entry.

A basic example of a simple/generic classification method:

vars: n1(0),n2(0),n3(0),n4(0),CLASS(0);

n1 = (close-close[200])+(close-average(close,200));
n2 = (close-close[20])+(close-average(close,20));
n3 = rsi(c-lowest(low,21));
n4 = rsi(highest(high,10)-c);

condition1 = n1 > n1[1] or n1 > X;
condition2 = n2 > n2[1] or n2 > Y;
condition3 = n3 > n3[1] and n3 > A;
condition4 = n4 > n4[3] and n4 > B;

/////"We can deploy a multi-factorial value calculation ratio for NSHARES":

vars: MFV1(0),diff(0),RATIO(0);

MFV1 = (highest(high,length) - Low) + (open-close) + (PivotHigh-low) + (High-Close);

////MFV1 analyzes 4 different "downward movement" calculations to measure "technical value" on a per bar & ////per cycle basis. The strength of this movement on a % basis/output is whats used to isolate per entry ////allocation.

//Then turn MFV1 into a %:

Diff = MFV1 - Lowest(MFV1,Length);
RATIO = DIFF / Highest(DIFF,length);

x1shares = ((Startequity+netprofit)*NUMPERC) / close; //numperc is a percentage .02-.15% depending how //many entries you want to allow per position;

N1SHARES = X1Shares*RATIO

con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = true and con4 = true then CLASS = 1;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = true and con4 = false then CLASS = 2;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = false and con4 = true then CLASS = 3;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = false and con4 = false then CLASS = 4;
etc etc etc
etc etc
etc
to CLASS16

//The more conditions/analytics = more classifications. We use 6 analytics which = 64. 4=16, 5=36, 6=64

//General ex of order statement:

if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 1 then Buy N1SHARES at (NX1 - DYN1) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 2 then Buy N2SHARES at (NX2 - DYN2) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 3 then Buy N3SHARES at (NX3 - DYN3) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 4 then Buy N4SHARES at (NX4 - DYN4) limit;

//NSHARES, NX, & DYN are all 3 customized to each classification.

//Nshares = the # of shares that will be bought
//NX = the historical price such as Low, Pivot Low, average(c,20), close, lowest(close,5), HighestBuyVolumePrice //etc

//DYN = dynamic calculation such as: average(open-low,21)*Perc1

This is just a very generic+simple structure example(not investment advice) that creates the framework to diversify the variations of value/alpha exploited per strategy / per asset, and allow the current level of "Value" to dynamically dictate the %Allocation/shares traded per entry basis. You can also add MC into the NShares calculation, so the dynamic calculation can be a weighted combination between Value & Classification.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more, feel free to reach out!

Quantitative methods to identify per asset value in various market environments:

I typically deploy a method called "Market Classification", in which I analyze 64 repetitive market environments, then design a strategic model for each of the 64 classifications. These concepts all seek to exploit random, reverting, or cyclical value. We also deploy dynamic multi-factorial value calculations to isolate the optimal % Allocated to each entry.

A basic example of a simple/generic classification method:

vars: n1(0),n2(0),n3(0),n4(0),CLASS(0);

n1 = (close-close[200])+(close-average(close,200));
n2 = (close-close[20])+(close-average(close,20));
n3 = rsi(c-lowest(low,21));
n4 = rsi(highest(high,10)-c);

condition1 = n1 > n1[1] or n1 > X;
condition2 = n2 > n2[1] or n2 > Y;
condition3 = n3 > n3[1] and n3 > A;
condition4 = n4 > n4[3] and n4 > B;

/////"We can deploy a multi-factorial value calculation ratio for NSHARES":

vars: MFV1(0),diff(0),RATIO(0);

MFV1 = (highest(high,length) - Low) + (open-close) + (PivotHigh-low) + (High-Close);

////MFV1 analyzes 4 different "downward movement" calculations to measure "technical value" on a per bar & ////per cycle basis. The strength of this movement on a % basis/output is whats used to isolate per entry ////allocation.

//Then turn MFV1 into a %:

Diff = MFV1 - Lowest(MFV1,Length);
RATIO = DIFF / Highest(DIFF,length);

x1shares = ((Startequity+netprofit)*NUMPERC) / close; //numperc is a percentage .02-.15% depending how //many entries you want to allow per position;

N1SHARES = X1Shares*RATIO

con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = true and con4 = true then CLASS = 1;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = true and con4 = false then CLASS = 2;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = false and con4 = true then CLASS = 3;
con1 = true and con2 = true and con3 = false and con4 = false then CLASS = 4;
etc etc etc
etc etc
etc
to CLASS16

//The more conditions/analytics = more classifications. We use 6 analytics which = 64. 4=16, 5=36, 6=64

//General ex of order statement:

if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 1 then Buy N1SHARES at (NX1 - DYN1) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 2 then Buy N2SHARES at (NX2 - DYN2) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 3 then Buy N3SHARES at (NX3 - DYN3) limit;
if MP >= 0 and CLASS = 4 then Buy N4SHARES at (NX4 - DYN4) limit;

//NSHARES, NX, & DYN are all 3 customized to each classification.

//Nshares = the # of shares that will be bought
//NX = the historical price such as Low, Pivot Low, average(c,20), close, lowest(close,5), HighestBuyVolumePrice //etc

//DYN = dynamic calculation such as: average(open-low,21)*Perc1

This is just a very generic+simple structure example(not investment advice) that creates the framework to diversify the variations of value/alpha exploited per strategy / per asset, and allow the current level of "Value" to dynamically dictate the %Allocation/shares traded per entry basis. You can also add MC into the NShares calculation, so the dynamic calculation can be a weighted combination between Value & Classification.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more, feel free to reach out!

Eh, I just go on Reddit.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Eh, I just go on Reddit.

While I do find wallstreetbets entertaining, and I sincerely hope its influence does not cause more restrictions on free speech, I also dont think its a viable long term strategy for consistent growth. That said, social media analytics will pillage that data set until its no longer producing alpha for retail traders. Only those with DMA & direct reddit data streams will really benefit from its movements/signals. It may take a while, but I wager a very significant % of institutional quants are already working on a reddit data stream weighted model, which will execute far faster then any person can manually pulling the trigger, until "value" is no longer presenting. Conditions and sequences of events that causes such extreme deviation are not consistent in presentation & outcome. It was a perfect storm, tho thats not to say future movements wont be exploitable or offer healthy payoff matrix.

Im always a fan when people want to get more involved in the markets, no matter how they choose to engage.

While I do find wallstreetbets entertaining, and I sincerely hope its influence does not cause more restrictions on free speech, I also dont think its a viable long term strategy for consistent growth. That said, social media analytics will pillage that data set until its no longer producing alpha for retail traders. Only those with DMA & direct reddit data streams will really benefit from its movements/signals. It may take a while, but I wager a very significant % of institutional quants are already working on a reddit data stream weighted model, which will execute far faster then any person can manually pulling the trigger, until "value" is no longer presenting. Conditions and sequences of events that causes such extreme deviation are not consistent in presentation & outcome. It was a perfect storm, tho thats not to say future movements wont be exploitable or offer healthy payoff matrix.

Im always a fan when people want to get more involved in the markets, no matter how they choose to engage.

Didn't read.

GameStop supporters showed how to jack up profits 400% in a few days by out-smarting the hedge fund bigshots. Beat them at their own game. Hedge funds played the shorts game and lost their shorts and billions of dollars overnight!

GameStop supporters showed how to jack up profits 400% in a few days by out-smarting the hedge fund bigshots. Beat them at their own game. Hedge funds played the shorts game and lost their shorts and billions of dollars overnight!

People typically cast this negative stereotype on "Hedge Funds", many of which are ordinary investment firms that ordinary blue collar people invest and work for. Theres a few "Multi-Billion" funds that are more self-entity corp structures, but the vast majority of hedge funds are small-medium business managed by regular people / portfolio managers. My point, all hedge funds are not created equally, and at the end of the day, individuals who invest are the ones losing money, not the managers themselves, they still get there management fees. While the incentive fees will take a hit, many regular people on both sides of these trades.

People ask a few years back, how are these brokerage firms no longer charging for executions?? ANSWER- they make far more money selling access to their order book / order flow networks to "Liquidity Providers" ( ie HFT firms). The issue, citidal is both a hedge fund & HFT, the fund had shorts, the HFT has access+influence on Robinhood and other brokerages they have order book access..

What Robinhood and other brokerage firms did by only allowing shares to be sold, should be pursued. Its a FREE MARKET and protecting losses from those who have financial interest, is NOT CAPITALISM, its corruption.. People win, People lose, and greed is as old as time and no one is above its influence. Not everyone in the financial industry is a wallstreet trust fund baby douche bag, unfortunately the term "hedge fund" brings negative stereotypes, deservedly so for a few individuals, but far from the industry standard/norm.

I just hope our over reaching tyrannical govnt doesnt try to restrict free speech due to large political donors complaining, or institute crazy taxes or regulations. The best thing they can do is to put in place circuit breakers based on a % of price movement/deviation/volatility. If a stock/asset move more then Y% in ANY direction, its turned off for XTime. The issue now, is only a small % of that movement was actually created by wallstreetbets, the vast majority was short term momentum algorithms that seek out momentum & volatility, which can grow exponentially, an example would be the Flash Crash of 2010 or any day in the past 5 years when new % movement high occurred. These pose more threat to stability then a forum of individuals with similar interests..

My #1 problem with hedge funds. They don't build a brick, let alone a building. They just make money. Nothing wrong with that. But I prefer putting my money that provides jobs for people and products for consumers. Hedge funds don't really do that.

My #1 problem with hedge funds. They don't build a brick, let alone a building. They just make money. Nothing wrong with that. But I prefer putting my money that provides jobs for people and products for consumers. Hedge funds don't really do that.

Investing in VC firms or Angel networks are great options, esp those who focus on improving "main street" economies! Im actually in the process now of applying to Country Roads Angel Network for my new business "Probability Now", a fintech company that once fully launched will bring 200-300 new jobs to WV. Trying to do my part in diversifying our WV economy! While it would be easier to launch elsewhere, for various reasons, if those who can make a difference always take the easy path to obtainment, this is probably the biggest tragedy of them all. While 200-300 jobs with good compensation scales may not make a major difference, its a start, at this point nothing is to small to make positive impacts on WV families.

Investing in VC firms or Angel networks are great options, esp those who focus on improving "main street" economies! Im actually in the process now of applying to Country Roads Angel Network for my new business "Probability Now", a fintech company that once fully launched will bring 200-300 new jobs to WV. Trying to do my part in diversifying our WV economy! While it would be easier to launch elsewhere, for various reasons, if those who can make a difference always take the easy path to obtainment, this is probably the biggest tragedy of them all. While 200-300 jobs with good compensation scales may not make a major difference, its a start, at this point nothing is to small to make positive impacts on WV families.

Odd... I own a business selling computers called "SERENITY NOW!"

Are there any Discretionary/Systematic/Algorithmic/Quantitative Traders in this forum?

If so, Im writing a new article that discusses weekly, daily, & intraday time+movement+directional probability studies & patterns found in my research which yield undeniably strong & consistent Alpha.

Much of which is justified by behavioral patterns by discretionary traders, how large institutional algorithms are designed to enter+exit positions, and the frequencies in which they are applied.

It should be an interesting & applicable read for any of those here who trade... If you are interested, Ill post a link when I finish..

Enjoy Your Weekend
chEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
ADVERTISEMENT