ADVERTISEMENT

NEW TOPIC: For those who like to Invest & Trade Stocks, ETFs, or Futures

Volatility

Senior
Jun 27, 2018
Charleston WV
www.equitysciences.com
Not sure how many of you within our board have a passion for trading or investing, but I thought I would start a topic to discuss strategic philosophies, concepts, analytics, adaptive methodologies, etc.

While I am a Quantitative Analyst / Head Strategist, I am not here to promote nor a solicitation of any individual product, service, and/or equity, but to maybe provide additional information into new concepts, methodologies, and/or ideas that you may not be aware of, possibly something to be considered for additional personal research/exploration. This is to be a positive & productive post, so we may all benefit from the sharing of information, ideas, and/or individual experiences. So I look forward to the processes of learning with all that choose to share and participate.

*Everything mentioned in this thread are personal opinions, not to be considered investment advice.

Ill start the discussion by sharing an article I wrote on Linkedin, which discusses the differences between Traditional Buy & Hold and Multi-Entry+Multi-Alpha Value concepts. Link below:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/comparing-traditional-buyhold-multi-value-market-timing-brian-miller/?trackingId=MBgoSIsMTPHAyQfD7VSnfA==

I look forward to exploring & sharing my personal passion of quantitative analytics, modeling, & strategic design with my fellow #Mountaineers!

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you within our board have a passion for trading or investing, but I thought I would start a topic to discuss trading strategies, investment concepts, analytics, adaptive methodologies, etc.

While I am a Quantitative Analyst / Head Market Strategist, not here to promote nor a solicitation of any individual product, service, and/or equity, but to maybe provide additional insights into new concepts, options, and/or ideas that you may not be aware of, maybe something to be considered for your personal research. This is to be a positive & productive post, so we may all benefit from the sharing of information, ideas, and/or insightful experiences.

Ill start the discussion by sharing an article I wrote on Linkedin, which discusses the differences between Traditional Buy & Hold and Multi-Entry+Multi-Alpha Value concepts. Link below:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/comparing-traditional-buyhold-multi-value-market-timing-brian-miller/?trackingId=MBgoSIsMTPHAyQfD7VSnfA==

I look forward to exploring my passion of quantitative analytics, modeling, & strategic design with my fellow #Mountaineers!

Not very interested in the locked in a room with little practical use discussion but since you felt the need to use this site as a soap box into free to give us your view on how the Biden platform is going to help West Virginians regarding jobs and personal investment. Thanks pal!!!!

Not very interested in the locked in a room with little practical use discussion but since you felt the need to use this site as a soap box into free to give us your view on how the Biden platform is going to help West Virginians regarding jobs and personal investment. Thanks pal!!!!

Hi Greg, I hope you are well. Potential practical application or impactful information/knowledge is precisely the objective. Of course, requiring thorough individual research, education, & analysis for those who are interested in the processes of learning. I never mention politics in the article, nor is this a political post/thread. If you are asking for my thoughts on potential economic impacts of certain partisan perspectives & policies, Ill gladly share my opinion on another thread.

I would imagine there are several political threads here, do you have a personal favorite for me to explore/post? While I understand how this article or my personal perspectives(not to be considered investment advice), may not align with other more traditional applications/perspectives, diversity can be both healthy & productive to explore.

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
Brian, Impressive presentation. Still, a little too speculative for most.

Thank You Butler-eer! I fully agree, not every method or concept is a fit for everyone, or aligned with every preference/objective.

Hopefully in time, the perspective, familiarity, & associations shift with those types of multi-value concepts, to not be correlated to other "speculative" behaviors or methodologies. We are far from that being a reality though, at the moment. :) Though, as these concepts continue to outperform, especially in Bearish & Volatile conditions, opinions may slowly change. All good things in time I suppose.

chEERS!

Last edited:
For those interested in designing systematic/algorithmic/machinelearning strategies. Here is a Linkedin article I wrote discussing the benefits of internal performance analytics. This one is more for the programmers in the room.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/impr...-internal-analytics-brian-miller/?published=t

Great to see WVU get another Win today! Offense was still a little sloppy & inconsistent, but the Defense played lights out. You can start to see our team has potential, if they can clean a few things up and find an offensive rhythm.

chEERS!

Not sure how many of you within our board have a passion for trading or investing, but I thought I would start a topic to discuss strategic philosophies, concepts, analytics, adaptive methodologies, etc.

While I am a Quantitative Analyst / Head Strategist, I am not here to promote nor a solicitation of any individual product, service, and/or equity, but to maybe provide additional information into new concepts, methodologies, and/or ideas that you may not be aware of, possibly something to be considered for additional personal research/exploration. This is to be a positive & productive post, so we may all benefit from the sharing of information, ideas, and/or individual experiences. So I look forward to the processes of learning with all that choose to share and participate.

*Everything mentioned in this thread are personal opinions, not to be considered investment advice.

I look forward to exploring & sharing my personal passion of quantitative analytics, modeling, & strategic design with my fellow #Mountaineers!
Since you are good with numbers can you tell what the probability is of two different financial advisors going to pitt and cmu and working for voya in Pittsburgh is? You see the boards so called resident top 1% wage earner claims the link at the bottom is not him. But his cuck @MichiganHerd says it is. So that would mean that there are 2 @GREGJACOBS walking around the burgh with the same mo. Seems pretty low probability in my book. Whats your take? You dig my avatar?

• Haha
Reactions: Volatility
Since you are good with numbers can you tell what the probability is of two different financial advisors going to pitt and cmu and working for voya in Pittsburgh is? You see the boards so called resident top 1% wage earner claims the link at the bottom is not him. But his cuck @MichiganHerd says it is. So that would mean that there are 2 @GREGJACOBS walking around the burgh with the same mo. Seems pretty low probability in my book. Whats your take? You dig my avatar?

Low content post, as usual, by one of TVZs alter egos.

Some would say he's weird, but I just place the blame squarely on his issues with narcissism.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Weird

Man asked a serious question and I tagged Greg because he is supposedly a financial advisor.
Thought he could provide the info.

Not everyone here is me...
I am in the belief that you are seeing shadows

Hi Greg, I hope you are well. Potential practical application or impactful information/knowledge is precisely the objective. Of course, requiring thorough individual research, education, & analysis for those who are interested in the processes of learning. I never mention politics in the article, nor is this a political post/thread. If you are asking for my thoughts on potential economic impacts of certain partisan perspectives & policies, Ill gladly share my opinion on another thread.

I would imagine there are several political threads here, do you have a personal favorite for me to explore/post? While I understand how this article or my personal perspectives(not to be considered investment advice), may not align with other more traditional applications/perspectives, diversity can be both healthy & productive to explore.

Enjoy your weekend!

Not impressed. Take another swing tomorrow. I will sir and you have a nice weekend as well.

Not impressed. Take another swing tomorrow. I will sir and you have a nice weekend as well.

Hi Greg, Impressing anyone not the objective of this thread, or the article, but to simply discuss a different perspective. Change and progress is difficult for some people, esp those who's career could be negatively impacted by evolution. Kind of like how career politicians would feel and act if we protested for term limits. Its the optimal path, but the powers to be would never vote for it.

#LETSGO

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Yet another derailed thread by whorehees and TVZ. Or is it just one individual and 2 profiles. Hard to keep track of those that have 25 or more.
once again allen is trying to bail out Pitt Troll Greg Jacobs. The question is why is that? Not sure why you're saying were trying to derail the Thread. Greg is the guy who states he is one of the best financial advisors in the country. He has nothing to say on the topic tell us why allen? For a guy so obsessed with his look at me posts and threads why isn't chiming in on something he claims to be an expert in.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
For a guy so obsessed with his look at me posts and threads why isn't chiming in on something he claims to be an expert in.

Personally, whoever wants to engage & contribute is perfectly fine with me. The ultimate objective is bring some type of value to the room, something that may have a positive impact on someone's ability to be more efficient within a certain aspect of their life, or add to someone's level of knowledge & understanding. Its not intended to engage our ego, but to ignite creative thought processes. Tho I realize this forum's history and how quickly topics can devolve, esp $ & ego are usually a pair, but hopefully we can keep it on track.

Unless you are extremely familiar with the concepts outlined in the article, methods which are far different then the average retail product or service, it would be difficult to debate from an opposing perspective, as the data & mathematics frankly do not support an opposing position(from a B&H perspective). As every B&H risk mitigation or diversification method can be taken light years beyond that of traditionalist. A practice of >= 12 month position holds, simply cannot offer as much flexibility, versatility, adaptability, or customization as a multi-entry value market timing method with 1day-20day position holds. Furthermore, risk mitigation & diversification can be applied to each asset independently, in various areas such as: strategic, conceptual, frequency, value, performance preferences, & risk profile. Compared to portfolio level controls only. I converted the last deeply rooted B&H I spoke too( a family member), who tried using historical performance of a couple quant firms who have failed, as argument justifications. Which again brings me back to "market timing is a very broad term, much like trend or value". Comparing these multi-entry value Market Timing methods against other MT methods is like assuming Coffee, Orange Juice, & Gold should perform or behave the same because they are all commodities. Are they all commodities, yes of course, but they are completely different markets, with behaviors based on completely different factors.

Even Hedge Funds who deploy value concepts, such as Jim Simmons founder of Renaissance Technologies, which is one of the more consistent hedge funds, still only deploy a part of the "Multi-Verse value philosophy" discussed. Only time & continued education efforts will bring a higher understanding & general familiarization, as these concepts are more widely adopted, deployed & introduced to the retail market.

This post isnt intended to argue over account sizes, to sway those deeply immersed & dependent on certain methodologies, or my stick is bigger and better then your stick, Im hoping this thread will remain based on positive & productive conversation, and less centered around debate.

Personally, Ive found the majority of average people not connected to the fintech sector are simply not aware how the benefits of technology, software, & analytics have recently produced new perspectives that are founded on fundamental, behavioral, & technical justifications. My work centers around these types of strategic designs, systematic structures, & conceptual philosophies, so I only seek to share some of what Ive learned in the 12 years or so Ive been completely committed to strategic design. I also hope to learn from others here who may have different areas of expertise, experiences, & applications. As sometimes the most productive individuals are those which combine varying foundational processes. So while I maintain certain opinions, based on my years of research, Trial&Error, & outcome, they are malleable and open to new perspectives. I look forward to maintaining an in depth conversation with those who choose to participate!

While this is a #WVU #MOUNTAINEERS forum, I can think of no group of people Id rather speak to. All the bickering that happens here its kind a like a large family thanksgiving dinner :)

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
I'm guessing the Great Greg Jacobs wasn't interested in conversing with another alter ego profile, one that was created in June of 2018, along with numerous other alters. Any more questions?

If you pay attention to the thread, Ive posted several Links to my Linkedin profile. My name is Brian MIller and I only have 1 profile, Volatility, as I have no reason to hide behind a screen name or create multiple accounts. Keenan or Vernon can confirm.

Vol this is impressive stuff. I wish I had known you when I was taking my first round of BSAD. Taking BSAD 690 this coming semester to finish my MBA. It's always interesting to see how the numbers will work in your favor and potentially against you.

Also, I just want to point out that TVZ had zero to offer except throw rocks at the hornets nest, then uses his alter BoreBees to supply the stones.

If you pay attention to the thread, Ive posted several Links to my Linkedin profile. My name is Brian MIller and I only have 1 profile, Volatility, as I have no reason to hide behind a screen name or create multiple accounts. Keenan or Vernon can confirm.
I was asked why Greg Jacobs didn't respond to you, and provided the reason why I felt he didn't. TVZ and his few dozen profiles have most assuming any new profile is simply another version of TVZs narcissistic behavior. Maybe your thread would be better suited to post on the off topic forum. They like stuff like this.

Vol this is impressive stuff. I wish I had known you when I was taking my first round of BSAD. Taking BSAD 690 this coming semester to finish my MBA. It's always interesting to see how the numbers will work in your favor and potentially against you.

Thank You & GoodLuck Sir! Should you wish to chat at some point, if these perspectives may be of service to you in pursuit of your MBA, feel free to reach out on LI.

chEERS!

Also, I just want to point out that TVZ had zero to offer except throw rocks at the hornets nest, then uses his alter BoreBees to supply the stones.
What exactly has Greg Jacobs and his sock puppet Michiganherd contributed in this thread? All they did was sh$t on vol especially in Gregs case. Why does Greg the so called 1% wage earner have nothing to say on this topic? The guy has spent years on here telling us how successful he is. He braggs about taking joy rides on private planes on his way to golf trips. When asked to Chime in he had nothing to say. Probably because he dosent have a clue about the topic at hand. This is the same guy who denies he is who is who when his online profile is posted. Why are defending this pitt troll. maybe you are one of gregs alters as well.

I was asked why Greg Jacobs didn't respond to you, and provided the reason why I felt he didn't. TVZ and his few dozen profiles have most assuming any new profile is simply another version of TVZs narcissistic behavior. Maybe your thread would be better suited to post on the off topic forum. They like stuff like this.
Everyone is TVZ in your mind. Greg is always tagging you and the ohio state T shirt fan because he can't fight his own battles. Greg had nothing to say becuase he hasn't got a clue about the topic at hand. He has created this fake on line persona and everytime he has a chance to show off his expertise he runs. Its because he is a fraud. He denies he is who he is when his online voya profile is posted. The guy is nothing but a fraud and you're just one of his alters trying to boast his credibility.

What exactly has Greg Jacobs and his sock puppet Michiganherd contributed in this thread? All they did was sh$t on vol especially in Gregs case. Why does Greg the so called 1% wage earner have nothing to say on this topic? The guy has spent years on here telling us how successful he is. He braggs about taking joy rides on private planes on his way to golf trips. When asked to Chime in he had nothing to say. Probably because he dosent have a clue about the topic at hand. This is the same guy who denies he is who is who when his online profile is posted. Why are defending this pitt troll. maybe you are one of gregs alters as well.
I'm not contributing because this is out of my area of expertise, and due to that, I'm not interested in this type of stuff.

I'm a VP for a large manufacturing company with seven plants within the midwest. If you would like to discuss this year's NCAA championships decor or the upcoming Super Bowl decor, then I'm open to discussion.

I'm not contributing because this is out of my area of expertise, and due to that, I'm not interested in this type of stuff.

I'm a VP for a large manufacturing company with seven plants within the midwest. If you would like to discuss this year's NCAA championships decor or the upcoming Super Bowl decor, then I'm open to discussion.
Its also out of Gregs area of expertise. He is the night manager at 7/11

can you hook me up with a TVZ fathead for my wall?

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Thats awesome! Do you ever get free tickets to games for providing supplies to the venues??
Yes, but most go to one of our companies that actually do this portion of our business. I know some of them have attended Super Bowls and other big NCAA events, like final fours. I have not, but did get the option of going to a final four (like the day before notice) but the expense of trying to get flights, room & board, etc., was simply way too expensive. I have gone to several B1G hoop tournaments, but only when they're in Chicago or Indy. I would get the chance to go to the B1G football championship, but I'm not sure Michigan will make it to one prior to retiring, and I have no interest in watching Ohio State vs. Wisconsin live at Lucas Oil. Now days, I prefer to sit at home and watch on the big screen, with all the comforts of home. I do have a good relationship with a supplier, and always get (4) to a Notre Dame game. I used to go to one every year, but haven't gone for the last three years. Ironically, I've never gotten freebies to any Michigan football or basketball games, and those are costly tickets. Check out our corporate website, which has links to all of our companies, and you can follow it to our SG company site, and check out some of the sporting events we've done, as well as some of the football stadiums/basketball arenas we've done over the years. NCAA is that company's biggest client, although we took a huge financial hit this year with all of the events cancelled, mainly the NCAA tournament.

Everyone is TVZ in your mind. Greg is always tagging you and the ohio state T shirt fan because he can't fight his own battles. Greg had nothing to say becuase he hasn't got a clue about the topic at hand. He has created this fake on line persona and everytime he has a chance to show off his expertise he runs. Its because he is a fraud. He denies he is who he is when his online voya profile is posted. The guy is nothing but a fraud and you're just one of his alters trying to boast his credibility.
As usual, TVZ/Jason is obsessed and insanely jealous of this Ohio State grad and fan. I didn't even post in this thread, but here you are, begging for my attention, anyway. Go away, Marxist. You're not witty, creative, funny or the least bit entertaining. Moreover, you contribute nothing to this thread or any other.

ADVERTISEMENT