ADVERTISEMENT

New Pitt Hoop Coach

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Has anyone notice the job this guy has done. Maybe a small miracle. Just saw his class is now #6 in ACC and Top 40 Nationally. If we can get the WVU/Pitt series extended for a decade there should be some great hoop games in the future. This is good for WVU and the ACC if Pitt can get back to being a Top 20 program like they were for most of Howland’s and Dixon’s tenures.

Has anyone notice the job this guy has done. Maybe a small miracle. Just saw his class is now #6 in ACC and Top 40 Nationally. If we can get the WVU/Pitt series extended for a decade there should be some great hoop games in the future. This is good for WVU and the ACC if Pitt can get back to being a Top 20 program like they were for most of Howland’s and Dixon’s tenures.

Nobody here gives a shit about Pitt or their new coach and you're on the wrong board. Go brag on the panty lair.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWG66 and WVU_Dave
That's good for WVU? Lol

If he has success he's gone so it won't matter.

I'm going to continue to hope they suck forever....

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Capell stint as HC for Oklahoma vacated 13 regular season wins (and 4 conference wins) due to use of an ineligible player during the 2009–10 season.

Sounds like a good fit at Pitt and ACC. He already knows how to cheat.

That's good for WVU? Lol

If he has success he's gone so it won't matter.

Really? Gone. Interesting take Veron. Insightful! If Pitt would continue on the level they were the last couple of years WVU would be wasting their time playing Pitt. The win last year meant nothing to the Selection Committee. Absolutely nothing. I bet Huggy would prefer a competitive game with a rival. Winning the game of course but it doesn’t help either team if the other one is as bad as Pitt has been the last couple of years. So Pitt holding up their end of the deal helps WVU.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Nobody here gives a shit about Pitt or their new coach and you're on the wrong board. Go brag on the panty lair.

Not bragging goofball. None of these kids have played in ACC yet. They may suck. Who knows. Of course you took my point out of context and ignored my main point that a good Pitt team helps the WVU/Pitt series become relevant.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Capell stint as HC for Oklahoma vacated 13 regular season wins (and 4 conference wins) due to use of an ineligible player during the 2009–10 season.

Sounds like a good fit at Pitt and ACC. He already knows how to cheat.

Be careful. The FBI isn’t done yet.

Not bragging goofball. None of these kids have played in ACC yet. They may suck. Who knows. Of course you took my point out of context and ignored my main point that a good Pitt team helps the WVU/Pitt series become relevant.

GREGJACOBS said: Has anyone notice the job this guy has done. Maybe a small miracle.Just saw his class is now #6 inACC and Top 40 Nationally.

^^^ Yep. No bragging there. You're a clown.

GREGJACOBS said: Has anyone notice the job this guy has done. Maybe a small miracle.Just saw his class is now #6 inACC and Top 40 Nationally.

^^^ Yep. No bragging there. You're a clown.

It’s only bragging to an insecure goofball like you. Have you noticed what Huggy has done the last few years? Why would someone come on this site and BRAG about a few high school kids that may or may not be any good. Grow the F up goofball. My point was Capel may well be able to turn the Pitt program around quickly which will benefit the WVU/Pitt hoop series. Definately in the eyes of the Selection Committee. Always funny reading an insecure band geek post that can’t see through their homer sun glasses.

It’s only bragging to an insecure goofball like you. Have you noticed what Huggy has done the last few years? Why would someone come on this site and BRAG about a few high school kids that may or may not be any good. Grow the F up goofball. My point was Capel may well be able to turn the Pitt program around quickly which will benefit the WVU/Pitt hoop series. Definately in the eyes of the Selection Committee. Always funny reading an insecure band geek post that can’t see through their homer sun glasses.
Not really seeing how you can call burg_eer a homer for him calling you out for bragging about Pitt's recruiting. That said I agree that I want Pitt to be competitive in basketball to help our strength of schedule.

Homer? I predict a 7-5 season in football and just a couple of days ago I had to educate your sister Rootmaster on the fact that historically, WVU is a 7-8 win program on average. Homer? Ha!

Homers go to a rival's message board to brag on their coach who stunk it up in his only other head gig.

And if you thought for a second I was a band geek you'd have gladly accepted when I told you we could meet up and play 1v1 for a grand. Instead, you made excuses because you're a terrified Pitt bitch.

Look, no true Mountaineer fan cares about Pitt, other than that its name rhymes with the favorite chant, even when the Panthers are not the opponent. But the better Pitt's record is, the sweeter it will be when Huggins thrashes those rascals again and again.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Homer? I predict a 7-5 season in football and just a couple of days ago I had to educate your sister Rootmaster on the fact that historically, WVU is a 7-8 win program on average. Homer? Ha!

Homers go to a rival's message board to brag on their coach who stunk it up in his only other head gig.

And if you thought for a second I was a band geek you'd have gladly accepted when I told you we could meet up and play 1v1 for a grand. Instead, you made excuses because you're a terrified Pitt bitch.

You’re such a loser

Dude running around in some small ball WV league and of course small ball college gig doesn’t make you good. It would have been great meeting you on a football field geek. See while you were playing against 188 lbs Lineman I was cranking it at Pittsburgh Central Catholic. So band geek or small ball willy doesn’t really matter. The point is you’re a loser.

Last edited:
Not really seeing how you can call burg_eer a homer for him calling you out for bragging about Pitt's recruiting. That said I agree that I want Pitt to be competitive in basketball to help our strength of schedule.

I wasn’t bragging. I have no idea how good these kids are. Your last sentence was my point then local tough guy burg_eer does his thing.

Dude running around in some small ball WV league and of course small ball college gig doesn’t make you good. It would have great meeting you on a football field geek. See while you were playing against 188 lbs Lineman I was cranking it at Pittsburgh Central Catholic. So band geek or small ball willy doesn’t really matter. The point is you’re a loser.

I think you like me.

Greg is such a homer.

One non-conference game against pitt, whether they are good or not, isn't going to effect WVU's SOS or RPI that much.

Especially playing a Big XII schedule.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
Greg is such a homer.

One non-conference game against pitt, whether they are good or not, isn't going to effect WVU's SOS or RPI that much.

That is correct. Pitt being good does nothing for WVU. I would personally like to see pitt go 0-19 again.

Reactions: burg_eer
Greg is such a homer.

You missed the point dipshitt haha. Never said it would make the difference. I said the game would be irrelevant and a waste of time if Pitt wasn’t competitive. There’s about 4-6 of you that are full blown .......!
I’m talking WVU/Pitt is great when both programs are good. Stay on task goofball.

That is correct. Pitt being good does nothing for WVU. I would personally like to see pitt go 0-19 again.

Of course you would homer. Still insecure about Pitt haha. Huggy isn’t. He wants to play Pitt every year. I have a sneaky suspicion he would want Pitt RPI in the 20-60 range. Only goofballs like you and your 6 knucklehead buddies don’t get it.

Look, no true Mountaineer fan cares about Pitt, other than that its name rhymes with the favorite chant, even when the Panthers are not the opponent. But the better Pitt's record is, the sweeter it will be when Huggins thrashes those rascals again and again.

Weirdly your post is what I was getting at.

Also true Mountaineer obsess about Pitt. I go to WVU games. I go to Pitt games. I don’t hear WVU mentioned at Pitt games. I hear Pitt mentioned at every single WVU game I’ve ever attended.
Just a fact boys.

You missed the point dipshitt haha. Never said it would make the difference. I said the game would be irrelevant and a waste of time if Pitt wasn’t competitive. There’s about 4-6 of you that are full blown .......!
I’m talking WVU/Pitt is great when both programs are good. Stay on task goofball.
LMAO....calm down dude....its just a free message board. This is fun, we are having fun here.

As a one percenter you take this stuff wayyyyyyy to seriously.

And the game will never be truly irrelevant because the two teams are rivals. Surly you can understand that.

Of course you would homer. Still insecure about Pitt haha. Huggy isn’t. He wants to play Pitt every year. I have a sneaky suspicion he would want Pitt RPI in the 20-60 range. Only goofballs like you and your 6 knucklehead buddies don’t get it.
Duh, I am homer, just like you're homer for pitt. It's very obvious anyone who disagrees with you, you start by name-calling because you have no argument. Could care less about pitt or any other team WVU plays. I'm sure huggie loses no sleep whether pit is 0-19 or 19-0. For the life of me I just can't understand why you stay on this site and talk s*** about WVU and the fan base. Are you trying to tell me pitt has no homers? Not as many I'll give you that but they have homers like yourself. Trash like you is why I quit coming to these boards as often. Remember look at the top it is a WVU Sports board not a pitt wanna be board. I am a WVU fan only, don't care about any other team rather they win or lose. Just never understand why people like you come on another board and talk s*** to it's fan base. But hey I will wait for a reply with you which will consists of only name-calling and no real substance. Say what you want no true WVU fan is also a Pitt fan and you have proved over and over you are a true pit fan that likes to talk crap on West Virginia fans so have at it big boy.

Last edited:
Duh, I am homer, just like you're homer for pitt. It's very obvious anyone who disagrees with you, you start by name-calling because you have no argument. Could care less about pitt or any other team WVU plays. I'm sure huggie loses no sleep whether pit is 0-19 or 19-0. For the life of me I just can't understand why you stay on this site and talk s*** about WVU and the fan base. Are you trying to tell me pitt has no homers? Not as many I'll give you that but they have homers like yourself. Trash like you is why I quit coming to these boards as often. Remember look at the top it is a WVU Sports board not a pitt wanna be board. I am a WVU fan only, don't care about any other team rather they win or lose. Just never understand why people like you come on another board and talk s*** to it's fan base. But hey I will wait for a reply with you which will consists of only name-calling and no real substance. Say what you want no true WVU fan is also a Pitt fan and you have proved over and over you are a true pit fan that likes to talk crap on West Virginia fans so have at it big boy.

Dude you’re all over the place. Take a lap and quit playing mall cop.

LMAO....calm down dude....its just a free message board. This is fun, we are having fun here.

As a one percenter you take this stuff wayyyyyyy to seriously.

And the game will never be truly irrelevant because the two teams are rivals. Surly you can understand that.

Alls good goofball. I’m the poster boy of light posting. It’s some of you that take this way to seriously haha. When one team is playing one of the worst teams in college hoops nothing matters.

Alls good goofball. I’m the poster boy of light posting. It’s some of you that take this way to seriously haha. When one team is playing one of the worst teams in college hoops nothing matters.

As i was driving in my car the other day Sweet Caroline came on the radio. I of course sang the " Eat Shit Pitt " version and I wondered how many WVU fans do that too.
Anyway my whole point is why would you want to beat up a team that everyone can beat up. I'd rather beat up a decent Pitt team in any sport than one that's simply the worst. It reminds me of the Pitt win over Clemson , how could they lose to a team as bad as Pitt? Not focused ?

As i was driving in my car the other day Sweet Caroline came on the radio. I of course sang the " Eat Shit Pitt " version and I wondered how many WVU fans do that too.
Anyway my whole point is why would you want to beat up a team that everyone can beat up. I'd rather beat up a decent Pitt team in any sport than one that's simply the worst. It reminds me of the Pitt win over Clemson , how could they lose to a team as bad as Pitt? Not focused ?

So you drive around thinking about Pitt. Cool story!!!

Dude running around in some small ball WV league and of course small ball college gig doesn’t make you good. It would have been great meeting you on a football field geek. See while you were playing against 188 lbs Lineman I was cranking it at Pittsburgh Central Catholic. So band geek or small ball willy doesn’t really matter. The point is you’re a loser.

My bud was a standout baseball player there before transferring back to Woodland Hills. Ultimate question for you Greg, Minellos or Aiellos?

Im sure Pitt will eventually see the NCAA tournament again under Capel, if they make a run to the Sweet 16 during one of those tournament berths he probably leaves for a big money school in the SEC. Each SEC school seems to be prioritizing basketball more so than ever before, expect to see a lot of big name coaches who wouldn't make a short list for a blue blood get poached by the SEC in the future. Fortunately we have Huggs, but for life post Huggs we will probably have this issue.

I don't understand all the giddiness by Pitt fans or anyone else. The guy had 1 good season in 5 at OU and then got shit canned after back to back 18 loss seasons

He couldn't even manage a .500 record in BXII play(37-43). He better hope he finds another Blake Griffin up in shitholistan.

I don't understand all the giddiness by Pitt fans or anyone else. The guy had 1 good season in 5 at OU and then got shit canned after back to back 18 loss seasons

He couldn't even manage a .500 record in BXII play(37-43). He better hope he finds another Blake Griffin up in shitholistan.

Sitting under K for 7 seasons, the guy probably became a little wiser than he was as a 30 something coach at OU.

ADVERTISEMENT