ADVERTISEMENT

New BIG 12 media rights almost done

Couple of things are going on here. First off, this is the reason why no one has bailed out of the sinking Pac12. Amazon, Silicon Valley, etc. we will be there only life boat of even keeping that sinking ship together…and it will also have to include a heavier payout for Oregon and Washington Per their request.

San Diego State could very well be invited to the Big 12 within months. This will be devastating to the Pac12. This is a tremendous opportunity to get in the Southern California market. Odd number of teams definitely those things for a loop, but maybe a Memphis or a South Florida?

The ACC will eventually fall apart. They’re very well could be a merging opportunity between the big 12 and ACC after all of the defections in several years.

Lastly, This is huge. This is a hell of a job from a guy that just took over a few months ago that was in a conference that was damn near dead 15 months ago. Our season has been extremely disappointing, but this is a decent silver lining.
The Big Ten is going to add some PAC schools to complete a western division. The SeC and Big Ten are going to add ACC schools. The Big 12 will add PAC and ACC schools. The question isn’t if- it’s when.

These three conferences will continue on as the three major conferences.

If we are still in the Big12 if such a merger with the ACC starts to happen, there will be several schools from both leagues that will not make that cut, WVU would be one of them.
The Big Ten is going to add some PAC schools to complete a western division. The SeC and Big Ten are going to add ACC schools. The Big 12 will add PAC and ACC schools. The question isn’t if- it’s when.

These three conferences will continue on as the three major conferences.
I agree. Eventually we will probably be playing the old Big East schedule in about 15 years. Unfortunately by then, I think you will see a lot of the factions from the NCAA

The earliest that is going to happen barring ACC bolting a GOR would be after 2036. Over a decade from now.

At the current time ESPN, FoX, NBC and CBS have lots of college football and basketball slots to fill and neither the SEC or Big Ten have enough inventory to cover many of those slots.

There is no P2 and major college football will continue beyond Missouri, South Carolina, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Rutgers Purdue, Maryland and Northwestern— don’t kid yourself- you certainly aren’t fooling anyone else.
In the end it will be the Sec and The Big 10 and all the shit and crap left over. If you're not a member of the Sec and Big 10 you know which group you belong to.

Those teams in the west are already P5. Guarantee they were talked about in the current negotiations.
They are some of the worst power 5 teams out there. In the end it doesn't help wvu we need to be playing games in areas we recruit.

If you can’t see what the top two conferences are doing, then you have your head buried in the sand. It’s heading to 48 schools, and we need to make sure we’re one of them.
They're not going over 20 per conference. They will also separate from NCAA. Book it.

They are some of the worst power 5 teams out there. In the end it doesn't help wvu we need to be playing games in areas we recruit.
WVU is currently one the worst P5 schools in all of college football. Should they be booted from Big 12?

Your theory is Bucky lame.

WVU is currently one the worst P5 schools in all of college football. Should they be booted from Big 12?

Your theory is Bucky lame.
That is this year Allen but look a Colorado how many winning seasons have they had in the last 20 years? Look at Arizona what have they done in the past 20 years. I know you don't like Rich but he had one of the highest winning % of any coach in Arizona History. Az state has probably had the most success of the group but their mostly a 6-7 win program and are currently under NCAA investigation. These programs are garbage they are responsible for weighing the Pac 12 down and you want them. They also don't help Wvu. Another thing Allen this new media rights deal is a 6 year deal so its only temporary and it expires at the same time the Big 10's media deal does. I am sure the Big 10 commissioner is thanking the Big 12 Comish for that. If we do happen to get some of the pac 12 teams the ones that actually have value they will be walking right out the door in 2031. The problem is the schools that have the value in the pac have stated where they really want to be.

The earliest that is going to happen barring ACC bolting a GOR would be after 2036. Over a decade from now.

At the current time ESPN, FoX, NBC and CBS have lots of college football and basketball slots to fill and neither the SEC or Big Ten have enough inventory to cover many of those slots.

There is no P2 and major college football will continue beyond Missouri, South Carolina, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Rutgers Purdue, Maryland and Northwestern— don’t kid yourself- you certainly aren’t fooling anyone else.
Like I said before, the SEC isn't going to wait for that.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
They're not going over 20 per conference. They will also separate from NCAA. Book it.
They might separate from the NCAA, and if they do, it won't just be for football. But they will go over 20, they can't help themselves.

They might separate from the NCAA, and if they do, it won't just be for football. But they will go over 20, they can't help themselves.
Media will not allow it. It's a done for 40 teams. Minor league NFL.

Not that the media can actually stop it, but the media wants more for the top two anyway.
Keep pretending. The media has what wants after ND, 3 more PAC schools and 4 ACC schools are added to SEC. Game over.

That is this year Allen but look a Colorado how many winning seasons have they had in the last 20 years? Look at Arizona what have they done in the past 20 years. I know you don't like Rich but he had one of the highest winning % of any coach in Arizona History. Az state has probably had the most success of the group but their mostly a 6-7 win program and are currently under NCAA investigation. These programs are garbage they are responsible for weighing the Pac 12 down and you want them. They also don't help Wvu. Another thing Allen this new media rights deal is a 6 year deal so its only temporary and it expires at the same time the Big 10's media deal does. I am sure the Big 10 commissioner is thanking the Big 12 Comish for that. If we do happen to get some of the pac 12 teams the ones that actually have value they will be walking right out the door in 2031. The problem is the schools that have the value in the pac have stated where they really want to be.
They're P5 not little league.

I never took you for a bandwagon type guy.
giphy.gif

2036 to expand
so

either you agree the sec won’t expand til 2036

or

You are saying they’ll expand before that

to which I say who would the SEC expand with before 2036? GORs appear unbreakable- meaning no ACC. if not Texas and Ou would leave as would Clemson and FSU— NOW. The BIG 12 deal is finalized with a 6 year GOR. The Big Ten is set and the PAC has no one near the southeast or valuable for Sec additions.

so again what are you referring to?

I guess if you had read other threads then you would know what I am saying.

SEC will add schools before 2036. ( Yes , no ACC schools included )

They're P5 not little league.
There are many in the power 5 that are little league. If you add Colorado you are getting Kansas minus Leipold and Mangino. If you add Arizona you are getting Iowa State before Campbell. If you add Arizona State you are getting a Team that Lost to Holgorsen in a bowl.

Last edited:
The BIG 12 if thats what your troll rant means just signed a new GOR and no one will be available until after 2031.
Since you like to look things up; for better or worse, see if it is exactly the same as the ACC, if there is even one.

PS, I’m not the troll in this conversation.

Since you like to look things up; for better or worse, see if it is exactly the same as the ACC, if there is even one.

PS, I’m not the troll in this conversation.
The BIG12 is just completing a deal that will last through 2031 and includes a GOR. I see you like to play make believe, but the ACC has a contract that will end in 2036.

The acc is the next opportunity for P5 expansion in the SEC but it doesn’t appear there is anyone challenging the GOR there.

Had the SEC wanted more BIG 12 schools, they’d have added them already, now nothing will happen until after 2031 at the earliest because the buyout of exit fees and the new GOR would be too high.

Not sure why he wants the Big 12 to expand west. Most of the television sets are east of the Mississippi. The four corner schools keep getting mentioned but outside of Utah they are some of the worst power 5 programs around. Utah is not adding anything when you already have BYU. Its an overlapping market and not a very big one at that.
Needs/wants a 4th time zone to provide inventory flexibility for media partners

There is when you’re not B1G or SEC and eventually shut out
Personally, I think that if the B10 and SEC try to shut out everyone that it will be a self destructive self inflicted wound. Ultimately, a loss in income even if they are top dog. It will kill interest and there will be a big decline for college football. It will kill my interest in any game not WVU. Just like MLB was the undisputed America's sport 50 years ago until the combo of vast disparate TV income and free agency caused a big drop in interest from what it used to be. It is still big but nothing like it should be. Now, the NFL with much less disparity and equal share TV is King of American sports for keeping a relatively equal playing field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT