ADVERTISEMENT

Need a 6-3 290 Juco DL?

NJMountie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Juco DL Devin Love

Rutgers FB recruiting: Big N.J. DL Devin Love recaps Ohio State game visit: ‘I loved it, I love the atmosphere'

JCJ33U5JWBFVJER2JYOJ7I5CYY.png

Love played high school football at Woodbury (N.J.) High before heading to Monroe Community College in New Rochelle, N.Y. (Photo courtesy of Love)

By Todderick Hunt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Devin Love was a full qualifier coming out of Woodbury (N.J.) High in 2019, but only Wagner had extended him a scholarship offer at the time. So he made the difficult decision to go the junior college route -- Monroe Community College (New Rochelle, N.Y.) -- despite being a full qualifier with scholarship in hand.

That decision could reap benefits down the line, as the 6-3, 290-pounder is hearing from a number of schools including Rutgers, which he visited Saturday for its home game against Ohio State, flanked by coaches and teammates.

“I went with my coaches, and since I got invited, I brought two of my other boys. And there are other people on my team that got invited, too," Love said. “I loved it. I love the atmosphere, loved the people and coaches. Everyone is so cool.”

Rutgers has long kept its proverbial eye on Love, who flashes big-time ability, despite not receiving many looks until now.

“I’ve been talking to coach (Corey) Brown since high school,” Love said.

However, things picked back up this season with Rutgers struggling along the defensive line.

“Coach reached back out this season,” Love said. “He has interest in me, but I’m just waiting until they get a head coach and see what happens.”

In the meantime, Love received lots of “love” from the Rutgers fanbase, Saturday.

“What stood out to me was really the people,” he said. “They are really passionate. Like, for example, some lady came up to me and asked me to take a picture of her and her family. Once that was done, she realized I was a recruit and she said, ‘You have to come to Rutgers.’ And then she asked for my name and said, ‘I’m going to be screaming your name once you come here.’”

Love has always had a high opinion of his in-state school.

“I love Rutgers,” he said. “They are a good school, play in a competitive conference and are in my home state.”

Outside of Rutgers, Love is hearing from coaches from Maryland, Texas Tech, ECU, Middle Tennessee, and FIU -- all of which could offer.

However, he’s receptive to coming home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News