ADVERTISEMENT

Neal has to go

Dec 27, 2017
I don’t wanna see anybody do bad especially the head coach of my favorite football team but he has done a horrible job. Granted I felt like in 2019 he did the best coaching job probably in the nation at that point, but he is making Bill Stewart horrible decisions during the game. The team has quit on him and he has failed. We were fortunate to get a great quarterback transfer to keep us in the game, but for God sakes what is his deal with not being able to make game decisions when they count the most?
Pooch kick to 35 yrd line, didn’t go for the 4th and inches against Pitt, delay of games and scrambling around the sideline like a lost kid. The fact that he published a video is just nothing but an act of desperation and the team plays like they are in a desperation mode. We will not be bowl eligible And we could easily finish that last in a conference now.

We were outplayed, out coached. We are literally dead in the water without any positive spots and more than likely falling into an abyss. We could easily be the next bottom feeder of the Big12 for the foreseeable future.

He just lost the little bit of fan support he had left. I guess you could say the one good thing he has done is unite the fan base that has been split since Rod left.

He just lost the little bit of fan support he had left. I guess you could say the one good thing he has done is unite the fan base that has been split since Rod left.
The fan base became split when Rod left? That's news to me. Seems to me he unified that fan base because everyone in the fan base agreed he was a bad guy.

Reactions: GhostofGraves
The fan base became split when Rod left? That's news to me. Seems to me he unified that fan base because everyone in the fan base agreed he was a bad guy.
You obviously never read or heard all the bickering from fans over Bill Stewart hiring, the Hologorsen hiring and now Brown hiring.

Now everyone is in agreement Brown must go.

Brown has been terrible from the get go- first chasing off double digit players from a squad that was 4 pts from playing for a BIG 12 championship and had a top ten offense, then having the worst rushing game and worst receiving corp in college football- on and on.

They forced him to bring in Harrell and clearly that isn’t going to work either because no matter how many pts Daniel’s can put up the the team can‘t win Under Brown.

This is a disaster and the extension may be the worst decision ever in WVU athletics.

Worst possible time to be losing. But hey, he fits the “ culture” of losers that keep trying to push him on everyone else.

No...you wanted him gone asshole.
I didn't want him gone, but they way he left, pissing on WVU on the way out the door, I never want him back. I like football but I don't like football well enough, or anything well enough, to tolerate being treated that way.

I didn't want him gone, but they way he left, pissing on WVU on the way out the door, I never want him back. I like football but I don't like football well enough, or anything well enough, to tolerate being treated that way.
Wow...don't like anything huh? How specifically did RR treat you so poorly? Don't like football but post on the forum...why? You're a cartoon.

Wow...don't like anything huh? How specifically did RR treat you so poorly? Don't like football but post on the forum...why? You're a cartoon.
You misread. I like football and I like other things too, but I don't like anything well enough to be treated like RR treated WVU. My point is, I don't even care whether RR would be a good coach. Winning football games while kissing the rear end of an awful human being is worse than losing every game or not even having a program.

As far as what RR did, look up some history. There are nice ways to leave one coaching job for another. Guys do it all the time. RR chose another route and the stink of that will be on him forever.

You misread. I like football and I like other things too, but I don't like anything well enough to be treated like RR treated WVU. My point is, I don't even care whether RR would be a good coach. Winning football games while kissing the rear end of an awful human being is worse than losing every game or not even having a program.

As far as what RR did, look up some history. There are nice ways to leave one coaching job for another. Guys do it all the time. RR chose another route and the stink of that will be on him forever.
Football isn't a nice game lol. Btw how come all the libtards kiss stumbling, slobbering Joe's wrinkled ass?

Reactions: cobbcty EER
Football isn't a nice game lol. Btw how come all the libtards kiss stumbling, slobbering Joe's wrinkled ass?
Because politics is an instrument of the Devil, to quote Bob Dylan and because on top of that there are entire media industries, and foreign countries too, devoted to making Americans hate each other over politics.

Because politics is an instrument of the Devil, to quote Bob Dylan and because on top of that there are entire media industries, and foreign countries too, devoted to making Americans hate each other over politics.
No the devil lives...on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I don’t wanna see anybody do bad especially the head coach of my favorite football team but he has done a horrible job. Granted I felt like in 2019 he did the best coaching job probably in the nation at that point, but he is making Bill Stewart horrible decisions during the game. The team has quit on him and he has failed. We were fortunate to get a great quarterback transfer to keep us in the game, but for God sakes what is his deal with not being able to make game decisions when they count the most?
Pooch kick to 35 yrd line, didn’t go for the 4th and inches against Pitt, delay of games and scrambling around the sideline like a lost kid. The fact that he published a video is just nothing but an act of desperation and the team plays like they are in a desperation mode. We will not be bowl eligible And we could easily finish that last in a conference now.

We were outplayed, out coached. We are literally dead in the water without any positive spots and more than likely falling into an abyss. We could easily be the next bottom feeder of the Big12 for the foreseeable future.
Please quit with the ill considered over reaction. NB did not drop a punt. Neither did he take a cheap shot at their QB that nullified our having stopped them in OT and would force a FG at best. NB did NEITHER of these. It is difficult to coach in a way that guarantees that individuals might not, at some point, reject instructions repeated over and over and over to the team. People will make mistakes during any performance. WE have seen a missed pass to an open receiver and, now, a dropped punt. Many individuals are not as adept as others in thoroughly considering their actions and determining the negative aspects of what they are heading toward doing. Thus, the roughing the passer in a situation where the play was generally over so far as their making anything positive from it. Bonehead--idiotic action--not capable of rapid data evaluation leading to the making of an incorrect decision and action. YEP---BONEHEAD.

Please quit with the ill considered over reaction. NB did not drop a punt. Neither did he take a cheap shot at their QB that nullified our having stopped them in OT and would force a FG at best. NB did NEITHER of these. It is difficult to coach in a way that guarantees that individuals might not, at some point, reject instructions repeated over and over and over to the team. People will make mistakes during any performance. WE have seen a missed pass to an open receiver and, now, a dropped punt. Many individuals are not as adept as others in thoroughly considering their actions and determining the negative aspects of what they are heading toward doing. Thus, the roughing the passer in a situation where the play was generally over so far as their making anything positive from it. Bonehead--idiotic action--not capable of rapid data evaluation leading to the making of an incorrect decision and action. YEP---BONEHEAD.
Stop with the pussy remarks.

Stop with the pussy remarks.
Are you another unable to consider facts and reality? Calling names is both childish and idiotic, so I tend to ignore such outbursts from those of these characteristics. Get real and grow up IF you wish to be considered part of the adult human existence.

NB is the head coach, and the head coach is responsible for the clock, the focus of the team, the play calling. Two games in a row we’ve seen stupid penalties that fall back on the coaches. Multiple seasons with multiple games where he fails to understand basic clock management.

Shane put expectations on Dana, and I expect the same to be placed on NB.

NB owns this team. Defense failed, special teams failed, made Harrell stop passing and start running to try and rest D, fail. At least two times in the 4th qtr in one drive we had 1st downs and the clock never stopped, wasting 45-60 seconds. No WVU coach even noticed, FAIL. Brown owns this mess. He is a great person and recruiter but he is not a head coach at this level.

Reactions: spreadoption
I just Hope the next coach we hire runs an offense similar to what we saw out of Kansas. It reminded me of Rich Rod with a little more passing. Its time to put this air raid crap to bed. Its not getting us wins under Harrell. We didn't win under Holgorsen. RR's spread option showed us the way its to bad we went away from it.

I just Hope the next coach we hire runs an offense similar to what we saw out of Kansas. It reminded me of Rich Rod with a little more passing. Its time to put this air raid crap to bed. Its not getting us wins under Harrell. We didn't win under Holgorsen. RR's spread option showed us the way its to bad we went away from it.
Much easier to find an "athlete" to play QB than to find a QB who can sling it, and 4-5 WR's who can catch it, and 5 OL who can pass block.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
Much easier to find an "athlete" to play QB than to find a QB who can sling it, and 4-5 WR's who can catch it, and 5 OL who can pass block.
I agree its also an offense were your less likely to make mistakes. It also gives you the ability to control the clock more as well. The air raid crowd likes to tell us how exciting the offense is but it never produced the Wins that we wanted. Winning is exciting and we haven't won much of anything since we went away from the Pat white style of QB.

BTW, I don’t care if the next HC runs the triple option. Just as long as the guy can win, which is something Clown Brown has proven time and again he has no idea how to do.

Reactions: Casey Ryback
I
I always get a kick out of these types of defenses for a Coach because best believe if WVU was 2-0 you would be giving Brown as much credit as possible. Even though he wouldn't have thrown a pass or made a catch or a tackle it would be because of him why they were winning.

NB owns this team. Defense failed, special teams failed, made Harrell stop passing and start running to try and rest D, fail. At least two times in the 4th qtr in one drive we had 1st downs and the clock never stopped, wasting 45-60 seconds. No WVU coach even noticed, FAIL. Brown owns this mess. He is a great person and recruiter but he is not a head coach at this level.
"...made Harrell stop passing and start running to try and rest D..."---I have serious doubts that you KNOW this to be factual. Gee, just how petty can one get? I guess those looking for ANYTHING to strengthen his dislike will create within his own mind situations or latch onto minor "failures" (that are to be found in most (maybe EVERY coach and human in any walk of life) and create or aadd to his mountain of hate.
I suggest--NO COACH can EVER reach an acceptable degree of pureness to make YOU happy so long as your total approach is to nit-pick or CREATE items of dislike.
If you detect that your child's watch is a couple minutes off from the master atomic clock do you cower in the corner and acknowledge that YOU failed to instill absolute accuracy into his upbringing? Only pitiful, miserable beings roam looking for or making up that which he can use to fuel his unmitigated hate.
BTW, IF the clock DID run a couple times inappropriately not only did the coaches not notice but the OFFICIAL (the REAL) time, kept by a game official on the field, also went unnoticed and uncorrected. Amazing!

BTW, I don’t care if the next HC runs the triple option. Just as long as the guy can win, which is something Clown Brown has proven time and again he has no idea how to do.
WOW--what simplistic myopia!

Spread option is a a very antiquated offense nowadays that defenses have caught up to, there is a reason RR is coaching Jacksonville State. Not even the Sun Belt wants that any longer.

Reactions: HotInEER
How many on this board have any football coaching wins at any level?????? And yes please include pee wee football. Anyone? Now hey bringing back rich rod I am all for. I will be back for his coaching clinic in a heart beat. But again for all the experts great coaches that are in this site here is what you need to do. When the job opens up apply interview make sure you have your experience highlighted and get the job. And maybe you can lead WVU to glory.

Last edited:
Are you another unable to consider facts and reality? Calling names is both childish and idiotic, so I tend to ignore such outbursts from those of these characteristics. Get real and grow up IF you wish to be considered part of the adult human existence.
This is the dumbest shit I've read in a while. So you tend to ignore what exactly? Oh yeah, nothing. Except maybe bad head coaching but thats another topic.

So if someone doesnt wish to be considered part of the human race (which would be a compliment coming from you) then what shall they be? What kind of childish and idiotic names will you call these people? So far you are proving him to be right in what he said.

This is the dumbest shit I've read in a while. So you tend to ignore what exactly? Oh yeah, nothing. Except maybe bad head coaching but thats another topic.

So if someone doesnt wish to be considered part of the human race (which would be a compliment coming from you) then what shall they be? What kind of childish and idiotic names will you call these people? So far you are proving him to be right in what he said.
Now I just read the dumbest crap.

What is clear is that Neal Brown is not a good leader. The results are the sum of the climate he has created. Stupid penalties, poor tackling, lack of urgency, are examples that tell me he places too much control in others hands, and they likely don't have the competency to have that much control. He's a good dude that wants everyone to feel trusted by letting them run their areas but I'm thinking instead of moderating control between all and none based on competency, he's handed everyone 100%.

Reactions: HotInEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT