ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA to review NIL policies

Panhandleer

All-American
May 29, 2001
Chambersburg, PA
Shane Lyons is the head of the Div I council who will conduct the review. "In a news release, the board cited concerns about potential violation of NCAA recruiting rules, the representation for athletes as they broker these deals, booster involvement, as well schools being involved in potentially arranging deals for incoming players." Ya' think?

NIL Policy Review

So the NCAA is gonna back track after being ordered by a court to let this happen? What recourse do they actually have?

Must be due to Kansas, Kentucky and Duke getting away with it for so long, (basketball) they’re raising a stink over it because it takes away their advantage they have enjoyed with the NCAA looking the other way.

These guys have to know that unless something is done college athletics will soon by recognized as a total joke by wayyyyyyyyyy too many fans. That hurts a LOT of bottom lines when that happens. No one wants that.

That time has come and gone. College sports peaked in the mid 2000s, it has turned into a top heavy NFL farm system on the football side and an inconvenience for prospective pro basketball players resulting in little continuity and lackluster play on the basketball side. I think there will always be the element of college communities coming together when the team is winning at an atypically high level, and for rivalries, but I think the amount of die hards will keep dwindling.

When schools begin closing up their football programs maybe they will do something. But NCAA is currently powerless to do anything.

NCAA is powerless because they are weak. This could have been handled differently but the spineless NCAA put their head in the sand.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The NCAA needs to go away. Bring all the FBS teams out of it. Create a new organization. The NCAA BB Tournament alone is $1B/ yr that could go to the athletes.

Here's how to Fix it:

1) Every player gets paid the minimum wage at base (40 hrs/week).

2) NIL money.would go 1/2 to the specific athlete it's earmarked for and 1/2 to the team which will be equally divided and then added to the "base" for each player. That way every player truly benefits...not just the top 10%.

3) Put a hard cap on how much any one player can get per year and a hard cap on how much any one program can get in a year. Anything above that goes to a a general fund that will go to every team.

4) Taxes get removed by the school so that the kids don't have to figure that out. Just like a paycheck.

Just tell whoever steals this plan that I expect a gratuity.

The NCAA needs to go away. Bring all the FBS teams out of it. Create a new organization. The NCAA BB Tournament alone is $1B/ yr that could go to the athletes.

Here's how to Fix it:

1) Every player gets paid the minimum wage at base (40 hrs/week).

2) NIL money.would go 1/2 to the specific athlete it's earmarked for and 1/2 to the team which will be equally divided and then added to the "base" for each player. That way every player truly benefits...not just the top 10%.

3) Put a hard cap on how much any one player can get per year and a hard cap on how much any one program can get in a year. Anything above that goes to a a general fund that will go to every team.

4) Taxes get removed by the school so that the kids don't have to figure that out. Just like a paycheck.

Just tell whoever steals this plan that I expect a gratuity.
F your liberal progressive bullsttt. No money to semi illiterate street protestors. Let them become student athletes and earn a future by getting a degree. School is school. Eliminate all scholarships while we're at it.

F your liberal progressive bullsttt. No money to semi illiterate street protestors. Let them become student athletes and earn a future by getting a degree. School is school. Eliminate all scholarships while we're at it.
You forgot to reinstate the draft and to get off your lawn Boomer.

Well when I was at the spring game I got to talk to some of the "Big time players" that are WVU supporters. Guys this is about to get real out of hand for a lot of places. Not saying that anything was said or done that was "crazy" but it will lead to an all out bidding war for players. And I also believe that this will will trickle down to high school where high school coaches palms will be greased to get players to players to programs

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Well when I was at the spring game I got to talk to some of the "Big time players" that are WVU supporters. Guys this is about to get real out of hand for a lot of places. Not saying that anything was said or done that was "crazy" but it will lead to an all out bidding war for players. And I also believe that this will will trickle down to high school where high school coaches palms will be greased to get players to players to programs
High School coaches palms have been greased with money long before NIL.

Well it's good to hear you are chummy with the donors who are "big time players." Bet they all search you out for your deep understanding, broad wisdom and impact on the WVU program. 🤔🙄

Well it's good to hear you are chummy with the donors who are "big time players." Bet they all search you out for your deep understanding, broad wisdom and impact on the WVU program. 🤔🙄
Jesus you are clueless. Again take the temp of the room and know what and who you are talking to before you make such sophomoric comments. And one of my childhood friends are one of those people

Jesus you are clueless. Again take the temp of the room and know what and who you are talking to before you make such sophomoric comments. And one of my childhood friends are one of those people
That would be "is one" not "are one". Grammar wasn't big when you received your middle school diploma was it? And the term..."those people" really says a lot about where you stand in life and achievement. Too funny.

That would be "is one" not "are one". Grammar wasn't big when you received your middle school diploma was it? And the term..."those people" really says a lot about where you stand in life and achievement. Too funny.
Yawn whatever.

Rootmaster is a legit troll. Stirs the pot keeps it on simmer. She enjoys giving the asinine spell check, grammar bullshit. That's usually the sign she is clueless and wants to change the subject and stir it up again.

Rootmaster is a legit troll. Stirs the pot keeps it on simmer. She enjoys giving the asinine spell check, grammar bullshit. That's usually the sign she is clueless and wants to change the subject and stir it up again.
Standard Allen post number 67B.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT