ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ”„šŸ”„BREAKINGšŸ”„šŸ”„ NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships

Does anyone think the ncaa would allow the seniors in these sports to have another year of eligibility if they would like?

Does anyone think the ncaa would allow the seniors in these sports to have another year of eligibility if they would like?

Eh...lifes tough.

I'm not against the idea but this is what real life is like. I'm currently losing work due to this, as are many people...sometimes you just need to be a grown up and deal with it.

Eh...lifes tough.

I'm not against the idea but this is what real life is like. I'm currently losing work due to this, as are many people...sometimes you just need to be a grown up and deal with it.

true.

I just wouldnā€™t be surprised to see players and/or coaches to petition for another eligibility year.

true.

I just wouldnā€™t be surprised to see players and/or coaches to petition for another eligibility year.

I wouldnt be surprised either, and I wouldnt care if they got it....i just dont think its a good example for young adults set to enter the real world shortly.

Perhaps I will petition to get back the losses i incurred in my 401K and other funds? Or the revenue I'm not receiving?

They'd learn more about life by just telling them, sorry tough luck.

Just to be safe, we should cancel fall sports too. And winter and spring of next year.

Now that WVU sports are on hold, these guys need to find another way to entertain us. Come on, get to it, I demand to be entertained!!!

My sympathies go out to the athletes who have put their time, energies, heart, & soul in preparation for competing for a championship. This has to be similar to what the 1980 summer Olympic athletes felt like.

Napcar and golf get a lot more Sunday couch sleepers now

Last edited:
People are stupid. Dont raise your animals in filth and then handle them and your dinner without washing your hands, my god

Reactions: Rootmaster
300k were hospitalized during the H1N1 2009/2010..donā€™t remember the panic or worry about hospital beds. 1400 have Corona in the US.

118,000 confirmed cases
4,300 deaths

3,100 deaths in China.

This is over how many months?

Number of infections is probably much higher due to people who just never got tested - and recovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
300k were hospitalized during the H1N1 2009/2010..donā€™t remember the panic or worry about hospital beds. 1400 have Corona in the US.

Our hospitals are usually at least 75% full, so a rush on the hospitals is a serious problem.

Couple lessons we need to learn from this....

We need to know who is coming into our country...and there is a major cost to be reliant on China.

Our hospitals are usually at least 75% full, so a rush on the hospitals is a serious problem.

Couple lessons we need to learn from this....

We need to know who is coming into our country...and there is a major cost to be reliant on China.

and Iā€™d say the reported China numbers are skewed toward the lower side due to them knowing how this will impact their economy.

and like you said, it should be a wake up call to all countries who are too reliant on China for goods.

Reactions: Rootmaster
China has only been reporting symptomatic cases for about a month. Those who test positive but but who have no symptoms aren't being counted. No one seems to know whether asymptomatic cases are as contagious as symptomatic cases, or even whether there are two different strains of the same virus. The US has tested fewer than 8000 people so far, reporting about 1700 who have tested positive. Onward through the fog.

Perhaps a cooking show competition?

Huggins would make a fine Gordon Ramsey.

I was thinking more along the lines of Keenan and Patrick. Maybe their next Musing From The Mountains could be video of them playing a game of checkers since they'll have no WVU sports to comment on.

Paranoia has set in over fear of law suits against the NCAA if someone were to catch the virus.. IMO

China has only been reporting symptomatic cases for about a month. Those who test positive but but who have no symptoms aren't being counted. No one seems to know whether asymptomatic cases are as contagious as symptomatic cases, or even whether there are two different strains of the same virus. The US has tested fewer than 8000 people so far, reporting about 1700 who have tested positive. Onward through the fog.

Excellent arguments for FDA fast-tracking, imo.

I was thinking more along the lines of Keenan and Patrick. Maybe their next Musing From The Mountains could be video of them playing a game of checkers since they'll have no WVU sports to comment on.
I think broadcasts of Trump playing golf could fill a lot of air space, as long as they leave in the mulligans, foot wedges, out of bounds shots, water hazard free drops, fat shots, topped balls, and 10 foot gimee putts. He could play Kim Jong Il (or is it Un?) in match play. I'd watch.

I think broadcasts of Trump playing golf could fill a lot of air space, as long as they leave in the mulligans, foot wedges, out of bounds shots, water hazard free drops, fat shots, topped balls, and 10 foot gimee putts. He could play Kim Jong Il (or is it Un?) in match play. I'd watch.

This would be a time for e-sports to try to hit big. Actual sports are banned and so e-sports would have a monopoly. I assume they could put on events without aggregating a bunch of people in one place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT