ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release NCAA Announces Graduation Success Rate Scores

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (November 17, 2020) – West Virginia University’s combined varsity athletic teams have a Graduation Success Rate (GSR) score of 84 percent, according to data released today by the NCAA. The most recent Graduation Success Rates are based on the four entering freshmen classes in Division I from 2010 through 2013.

WVU’s score of 84 percent is up four points from last year’s data, reflecting the four entering freshmen classes from 2009 through 2012.

The Graduation Success Rate was developed by the NCAA as part of its academic reform initiative to more accurately measure the academic success of Division I student-athletes.

The four-year GSR scores (percentage) for WVU’s varsity sports teams (2010 to 2013): baseball 64; men’s basketball 100; football 69; men’s soccer 94; men’s swimming & diving 94; wrestling 79; women’s basketball 92; women’s cross country/track 96; rowing 100; gymnastics 92; women’s soccer 100; women’s swimming & diving 83; women’s tennis 80; volleyball 89; and rifle 83.

How does this compare to other schools? ACC? B12? B1G? MooU?
Somebody just posted CUSA scores on another forum. Just went back and looked, and Marshall was 89 overall, and an 84 in football only. I'm not sure you can really compare across the board, due to offerings various schools provide, meaning curriculums you could potentially take at say, Harvard, versus those at Bowling Green.

Somebody just posted CUSA scores on another forum. Just went back and looked, and Marshall was 89 overall, and an 84 in football only. I'm not sure you can really compare across the board, due to offerings various schools provide, meaning curriculums you could potentially take at say, Harvard, versus those at Bowling Green.

Don't forget about teams that give grades away like UNC.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT