ADVERTISEMENT

My random thoughts on playoffs.

khiden

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2009
Wake Forest, NC
Here is my opinion on college football, and playoffs. I know that my hopes will never happen because of TV money.

If you are going to have playoffs expand, and eliminate the bowl concept for those in the playoffs. Let the higher team host so the fans can attend. Bowl games are much more expensive than a normal game and all would involve travel, plus it gives revenue to the schools community.

You would also have to put in rules around scheduling, so that every team plays rhe same number of conference games, and rules about OOC scheduling. The same would go for how many home games. Some conferences play 8 conference games allowing for 4 OOC and as many as 7 or 8 home games. That does not align with others who play 9 conference games.

If you are going to play conference championship games the winner of the conference goes, yes that would mean Utah, K State would go.

I am not a fan of the concept of committees deciding who goes.

I personally would rather see D1 add a level between power 5 and non power 5 and have 3 divisions. Because no matter what the structure is the same teams will ein every year in the playoffs because they have more money to spend and have way better talent in their bench players.

I wish we stuck with the bowls and even the BCS because as a fan I enjoyed attending the Sugar in 93 and the Orange with Geno and Tavon, if playoffs were in place those games would have been meaningless.

Just my thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News