ADVERTISEMENT

My observations at the Greenbrier today.

NCNEER

All-American
May 29, 2001
Apex, NC
Facility
Fantastic place for an open scrimmage and it was just overall a great day. Very nicely run.

RB - DTW is going to be a monster for WVU. He is a North-South guy that hits the hole quick and can break a tackle then has the speed to take it to the house. The guy has been working out and in my opinion clearly our best RB.

QB - Howard is the man right now by a fairly wide margin. Nothing is easy against this WVU defense. Howard is able to extend plays and somehow move the ball against again a very solid WVU defense. Crest is pressing right now and made a couple of bad decisions under pressure.

WR - we should be fairly good by Sept but in my opinion we need 2 or 3 new or existing guys to step up. Do that and the offense could be very solid with the RBs we have. I left the scrimmage saying this team is 2-3 WRs away from being very good.

OL - seems to me they are doing better opening up the run. Shell dances and lanes close up. DTW can see the running lanes and hits em quick. Overall the OL should be pretty good. They are going against a nasty front 7 defense.

DL - Angus is a freaking monster, still seems hurt. This DL as a whole could be nasty this year. Great size, depth and they are just very physical and fast with Jefferson showing a very quick step off the line.

LB - probably the best we have had in years. Barber back is huge he is a stud.

CB - to me Chestnut has really stepped up his game, he looked very good today as did all of the corners.

Safety - Dravon Henry is in amazing shape and the sky is the limit for this guy. Very impressive player. We are deep at safety overall and they all are aggressive and fly to the ball. It was tough for WRs to get open and also tough for Howard to find many open WRs. It's not so much our WRs are bad as it is our defense has just improved greatly. The defense just covers routes good and it's tough for WRs to find seems and we get great pass rush.

Special Teams - Boom Stach looks like a DE he is cut. Poised for a huge year and kicked some beauties in practice.

This post was edited on 4/18 11:26 PM by NCNEER

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.