ADVERTISEMENT

My friend tOSU tells me to take the Boilers and the points

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
Saturday, I'm a little afraid of betting against the Bucks +14 with a bunch that plays little defense but respect tOSU opinion....might the over be a safer play? OSU 49 PU 36.

I think OSU will cover, and win big. I'm not sure what the over/under, but would anticipate at least 62 points to be scored. Purdue's defense is a little shaky, so I can see the Buckeyes scoring above 40. Getting the over seems to me to be predicated on the Boilers reaching the 20 point threshold.

I also believe the Michigan-Michigan State game will be under. I'm looking at a 17-14, maybe 21-17 type score either way. Over/Under is probably around 43 or so.

I think OSU will cover, and win big. I'm not sure what the over/under, but would anticipate at least 62 points to be scored. Purdue's defense is a little shaky, so I can see the Buckeyes scoring above 40. Getting the over seems to me to be predicated on the Boilers reaching the 20 point threshold.

I also believe the Michigan-Michigan State game will be under. I'm looking at a 17-14, maybe 21-17 type score either way. Over/Under is probably around 43 or so.
Can't touch that tilt but agree it will be low scoring! Michigan is overdue to beat Sparty but MSU is so schizo, I'm just afraid of 'em one way or the other!

Ohio State's injury news this week will be important for anybody looking to bet on the OSU/Purdue game. Nick Bosa is out and may not play another college snap. Jonathan Cooper, the other starting DE, may return this weekend, and it looks like DT B.B. Landers and LB Malik Harrison might return, as well. I'd feel better about Ohio State's chances if these three guys return, and stud DT Dre-Mont Jones plays more than the handful of snaps that he played on Saturday. I'll let you know what I hear about these guys as the week progresses. If two or more of them are out, then take the Boilers, and lay the 14, as Purdue will score early and often. In addition, the over would look very good in that situation. Michigan beats Sparty by at least seven points.

Ohio State's injury news this week will be important for anybody looking to bet on the OSU/Purdue game. Nick Bosa is out and may not play another college snap. Jonathan Cooper, the other starting DE, may return this weekend, and it looks like DT B.B. Landers and LB Malik Harrison might return, as well. I'd feel better about Ohio State's chances if these three guys return, and stud DT Dre-Mont Jones plays more than the handful of snaps that he played on Saturday. I'll let you know what I hear about these guys as the week progresses. If two or more of them are out, then take the Boilers, and lay the 14, as Purdue will score early and often. In addition, the over would look very good in that situation. Michigan beats Sparty by at least seven points.
Keep us posted and thanks for the information...info is the life blood of a punter!

Michigan beats Sparty by at least seven points.
Hope you're right, but I'm not sold yet. On paper, they should beat them, but I've seen some crazy things transpire over the last 15 years with this game. If they can win, then it sets up nicely for The Game to basically be a matchup of top 5 teams, maybe even top 3 teams, as more or less a quarter final playoff game.

Hope you're right, but I'm not sold yet. On paper, they should beat them, but I've seen some crazy things transpire over the last 15 years with this game. If they can win, then it sets up nicely for The Game to basically be a matchup of top 5 teams, maybe even top 3 teams, as more or less a quarter final playoff game.
You Michigan boys owe MSU a real ass beatin'...but which Sparty shows up?

I'm not sure that Ohio State will be undefeated before "The Game." There are many problems to fix before then. Harbaugh's staff would challenge Alabama for all of the marbles, if they had Ohio State's offensive personnel, which is much better suited to play in a pro-style offense. The zone-read has been very good to Urban for many years, but this team should line up in a pro set, run between the tackles with its running backs and behind its mammoth offensive line, and throw downfield using Haskins' big arm and deep corps of experienced receivers. Instead, the Buckeyes run the shot gun with zone-read concepts for a QB who doesn't run well or often, and can't convert a third and one to save their lives. SMH

Bettors seem to agree with me that 14 points is too many, and have pushed the line down to Purdue +12.5. Most of Ohio State's front seven is expected to play Saturday, but it appears that CB Damon Arnette likely won't play, which is bad because Purdue has had a prolific passing offense since David Blough was named the starter for game No. 3 vs. Missouri. I'd take the over 68.5, and stay away from 12.5, as I have no idea as to whether Ohio State will win this game going away, or lose in a shoot out.

This thread makes me think it's time for Vernon to start a new forum. He could call it the out house, a place for people to post about teams that no Mountaineer fan gives a shit about.

Reactions: mtn1neer
This thread makes me think it's time for Vernon to start a new forum. He could call it the out house, a place for people to post about teams that no Mountaineer fan gives a shit about.
Sorry, Buzz, but this is our forum. Have you not noticed the banner beneath the forum title? You should be praising some of us for keeping this forum off its death bed.

He's talking about money which is a topic most of us care about!

ADVERTISEMENT