ADVERTISEMENT

My early bet on Trump pick: Barbara Lagoa, a Cuban... #FillTheSeat

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001

She was confirmed 80-15 just 10 months ago.
She would make it tough for Democrats to explain how she was a great candidate then but not now.
It's a great political move and she was appointed by Trump...

Reactions: 30CAT
It’s not happening.

4 GOP senators are on record already - no vote.

McConnell has the votes. It’s just a question of when the vote happens. Lame duck after the elections are over, or before. Ironically, if the folks of Maine and NC vote out Collins and Tillis they free them to vote their conscious.

They'll vote for a new SCOTUS Justice OR get voted out of office...

that's their choice ... NOW ...

You don't know shit...

AND

you're wrong so damn often...

7qeXHomC

Reactions: atlkvb

She would make it tough for Democrats to explain how she was a great candidate then but not now.
It’s hard, for me at least, to see him picking anyone other than Coney-Barrett. Lagoa has only been on the 11th circuit for a short time, though she does have state judicial bona fides and a law degree from Columbia. We don’t want another stealth candidate like Roberts.

This is it and it doesn't pertain only to RBG. For most people in politics the point is PERSONAL POWER! She was almost 76 when Obama was inaugurated the first time and almost 80 the second time. Two weeks after Obama was inaugurated the first time, RBG underwent surgery for her 2nd bout of cancer. She just couldn't let go off power, just like almost none of them can, just like the hobbit in that book (I didn't see the movie but I recall the hobbit couldn't throw the power ring away in the book).

Since her health started failing in the fall of 2018 this has basically been one long death watch with rooting interests for political reasons. If she happened to make it to 2021 and if Biden wins then the Left says "Hooray." If she happens to kick the bucket before 2021 then the Right says "Hooray." But few step back and look at the utter ridiculousness of the entire thing.

For people on the Left annoyed if she's replaced by a conservative justice, the one to blame is RBG's ego. It is sick how people cling to power when they're barely clinging to life. Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Strom Thurmond. I liked John McCain but let's be honest, he was in the Senate for over 30 years and died at nearly age 82 and if was still alive he'd be 84 and still in the Senate and he'd be up for re-election in 2022 at age 86 and he'd probably run again. It's all just ridiculous. Thank God someone had the wisdom after FDR to at least term limit the POTUS.

This is it and it doesn't pertain only to RBG. For most people in politics the point is PERSONAL POWER! She was almost 76 when Obama was inaugurated the first time and almost 80 the second time. Two weeks after Obama was inaugurated the first time, RBG underwent surgery for her 2nd bout of cancer. She just couldn't let go off power, just like almost none of them can, just like the hobbit in that book (I didn't see the movie but I recall the hobbit couldn't throw the power ring away in the book).

Since her health started failing in the fall of 2018 this has basically been one long death watch with rooting interests for political reasons. If she happened to make it to 2021 and if Biden wins then the Left says "Hooray." If she happens to kick the bucket before 2021 then the Right says "Hooray." But few step back and look at the utter ridiculousness of the entire thing.

For people on the Left annoyed if she's replaced by a conservative justice, the one to blame is RBG's ego. It is sick how people cling to power when they're barely clinging to life. Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Strom Thurmond. I liked John McCain but let's be honest, he was in the Senate for over 30 years and died at nearly age 82 and if was still alive he'd be 84 and still in the Senate and he'd be up for re-election in 2022 at age 86 and he'd probably run again. It's all just ridiculous. Thank God someone had the wisdom after FDR to at least term limit the POTUS.
100% agree.

I thought early on after hearing RBG has passed (God rest her Soul) that perhaps Trump should wait before nominating a candidate and let the voters decide. But after reading this thread know what? I've changed my mind. We already decided in '16 who gets to make this appointment...Trump won. He gets to decide. If Hillary were in Office, is there any doubt she'd make this appointment? No. She absolutely would.

Trump should make his pick and announce it next week, then the voters can confirm or reject it when they vote for their Senators in November. Screw these lawless Leftists. Senate GOP should thank Harry Reid for his selfish generosity making it a simple majority required to confirm a Justice. You play around with fire, you get your fingers burned! I won't forget what they did to Justice Kavanaugh.

Isn't it interesting how despite all of their scheming to try and remove Trump from Office... illegal spying, fake collusion, the fake Ukraine bribery, phony impeachment, endless "anonymous" smears, a concocted viral plandemic, violent insurrection and now vote manufacturing to try and steal the election, Almighty God is in ultimate control and in his omniscience decided now was the time to call RBG home and that decision from the Creator of Life itself has suddenly blown up all of the Left's underhanded lying & scheming and rendered them impotent?

Consider this from the thread
Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO

The riots won’t matter The looting won’t matter The mail-in ballot scamming won’t matter. And they know it. Conservatives have the Supreme Court. Now we sit back and observe the last squeals of the dying animal that is the Marxist Left.

...and this
Undercover Huber
@JohnWHuber

A total of 61 SCOTUS justices have been nominated and confirmed to the Supreme Court since the turn of the last century (1900) 70% of these (43 Justices) were confirmed in *under 46 days* (the amount of time remaining until the Nov 3 Presidential election)

I really LOVED this...and it's going to get even better come November!:joy:

She's almost as good as this chic....

'ol girl was in PAIN!!!!!!!!

Trump should go ahead with his nomination, and the Senate should confirm it speedily so we can see more Leftist meltdowns like these. I changed my mind! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

Good strategic pick. I'm going with this chic
17bd095c.jpg

Amy Vivian Coney Barrett is an American attorney and jurist serving as a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Barrett is the first and only woman to occupy an Indiana seat on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals

She was almost picked instead of Justice Kavanaugh. Brilliant Legal mind...strong Pro Life bonafides. She looks like the type of Suburban Mom Dems think they've won back. Now the Left gets to trash her and reveal what phony hypocrites they really are when it comes to Women who don't agree with them.

Since Trump has said his pick will be a Woman, either one will be a home run.

I've already said it's going to be a Woman atl, and you know I always keep my promises.
iu

Yup we do know that DJT...run it my Man!

Message to the Left:

From Almighty God regarding death of Supreme Court Justice RBG:

"Just remember, when it comes to giving Human Life or deciding when it's over....I'm still in control. You Pro aborts...take notice...the innocent Children you've killed are still in my hands...their Deaths are NOT in vain"
iu

*hint (Abortion will be banned, and we're getting a Human Life Amendment to the Constitution)

Atl, when you good people voted for me in 2016, you knew you were getting a genuine Pro Life President. I will honor that Trust and nominate a strong Pro Life Supreme Court Justice
iu

Thank you DJT...we knew we could trust you to keep your word with us.

Damn I swear @WVU82 , I can't stop laughing at this. Oh the night of November 3rd after Trump wins re-election is going to be one for the ages. Just imagine all of the TDS infected Leftists who will be freakin' out just like this obviously demented chick?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm too tiny to talk right now but in advance I'd like to Thank YOU President Trump for saving my Life
iu

Me too President Trump...my Daddy even stayed with my Mommy & found a job to feed me without her having to depend on Democrat Welfare checks! It's really nice being alive and having a Daddy.
iu

I bring Families together atl, what can I say?
iu

You 'da Man DJT...keep up the good work!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT