ADVERTISEMENT

My 2021 Michigan Football Prediction

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
With the restructured contract deal for HC Jim Harbaugh, this will likely be his final year in Ann Arbor. Anticipate a season tinkering around the .500 mark, and he'll be either terminated, or he'll get a job elsewhere.

They'll hire Iowa State's Matt Campbell in either late December or early January.

With the restructured contract deal for HC Jim Harbaugh, this will likely be his final year in Ann Arbor. Anticipate a season tinkering around the .500 mark, and he'll be either terminated, or he'll get a job elsewhere.

They'll hire Iowa State's Matt Campbell in either late December or early January.
it would be a step back for campbell at this point

Ha ha, delusional SlowHead thinks that Iowa State is a better job than Michigan. He must still be scarred by RichFraud and Belyin's decisions to leave Michigan's AAA farm team to coach for the parent club.

So one of Michigan's best recruits is thinking about leaving them for Georgia or Texas.
Like I said, football program is a mess, and as they say, a dead fish begins to stink at the head. Last year coming up for Harbaugh. The recruit in question wanted to enroll early, and that somehow got botched. Supposedly blamed it on admissions, but that doesn't make any sense. His best friend that played a major role in recruiting him transferred to Washington last week.

This is one of those years where you just write off the season, go maybe .500, and hope a blowout season ending loss to Ohio State is the final nail in the coffin. Pretty much looking at a complete rebuild with a new staff. Job isn't as attractive as it once was, so they'll have work to do in convincing a decent coach to take over the program. Really need to remove the 'Michigan Man' prerequisite from the job description.

Like I said, football program is a mess, and as they say, a dead fish begins to stink at the head. Last year coming up for Harbaugh. The recruit in question wanted to enroll early, and that somehow got botched. Supposedly blamed it on admissions, but that doesn't make any sense. His best friend that played a major role in recruiting him transferred to Washington last week.

This is one of those years where you just write off the season, go maybe .500, and hope a blowout season ending loss to Ohio State is the final nail in the coffin. Pretty much looking at a complete rebuild with a new staff. Job isn't as attractive as it once was, so they'll have work to do in convincing a decent coach to take over the program. Really need to remove the 'Michigan Man' prerequisite from the job description.

Word is Michigan doesn't take football serious.

A home run hire coaching change could put this narrative to rest.
Who?

Maybe Dan Mullen.
He didn't signed an extension with Florida. He is from New Hampshire originally so there has always been questions about where he wants to coach

at this point it is
No, it's not at this point, and it never has been at this point, nor will there ever be a point in time when it is. Just as a point of reference, neither is West Virginia.

Ranking All 130 College Football Coaching Jobs​

63. Iowa State

iowa-state-cyclones.png
There are some qualities that make this is a great place to coach — loyal fans, a good place to live — but it’s been very difficult to sustain success at Iowa State. Only once in the last 90 years have the Cyclones had three straight winning seasons (the final three years of the Earl Bruce era in the mid-1970s).

33. West Virginia

west-virginia-mountaineers.png
West Virginia will always be a strange fit in the Big 12, but you can be a consistent winner in Morgantown. There are no pro sports to share the spotlight with; the Mountaineers are the only game in town. The state doesn’t produce a ton of talent, but you are close to large population bases in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Virginia.

11. Michigan

michigan-wolverines.png
Michigan has as much tradition as any school in the country. The program’s success and the school’s academic reputation allow the Wolverines to be a major player in recruiting both in the Midwest and nationally. Plus, Ann Arbor is a great place to live. There is a lot to like about coaching at Michigan.

No, it's not at this point, and it never has been at this point, nor will there ever be a point in time when it is. Just as a point of reference, neither is West Virginia.

Ranking All 130 College Football Coaching Jobs​

63. Iowa State

iowa-state-cyclones.png
There are some qualities that make this is a great place to coach — loyal fans, a good place to live — but it’s been very difficult to sustain success at Iowa State. Only once in the last 90 years have the Cyclones had three straight winning seasons (the final three years of the Earl Bruce era in the mid-1970s).

33. West Virginia

west-virginia-mountaineers.png
West Virginia will always be a strange fit in the Big 12, but you can be a consistent winner in Morgantown. There are no pro sports to share the spotlight with; the Mountaineers are the only game in town. The state doesn’t produce a ton of talent, but you are close to large population bases in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Virginia.

11. Michigan

michigan-wolverines.png
Michigan has as much tradition as any school in the country. The program’s success and the school’s academic reputation allow the Wolverines to be a major player in recruiting both in the Midwest and nationally. Plus, Ann Arbor is a great place to live. There is a lot to like about coaching at Michigan.
Mic drop. You actually silenced the most delusional one, which I didn't think was possible. Well done, sir.

So Matt Campbell to Michigan is a done deal?

Problem with Michigan is that you have two totally different type of fans who think differently.

The alumni who have the power and money aren't upset with Harbaugh.

On the otherhand you don't have that deep desire to win at Michigan that you do at other places.
So those Wal Mart Wolverine Fans will never get what they want.

So Matt Campbell to Michigan is a done deal?

Problem with Michigan is that you have two totally different type of fans who think differently.

The alumni who have the power and money aren't upset with Harbaugh.

On the otherhand you don't have that deep desire to win at Michigan that you do at other places.
So those Wal Mart Wolverine Fans will never get what they want.
You may be right, but keep losing games and I'll just go to Walmart for a bunch of beer and watch other teams play. That, or sit outside on the porch and get wasted. I have options.

You may be right, but keep losing games and I'll just go to Walmart for a bunch of beer and watch other teams play. That, or sit outside on the porch and get wasted. I have options.

Money comes into play.
1 person with 10 million dollars has the ability to decide things at a school much easier than 500,000 fans who may give the school 10 million.

Their fanbase needs to boycott the athletic department.
Then the university can.decide what direction they want to go.

The difference with some universities is that the money thinks like the average fan.

You are seeing the separation based on this.

Money comes into play.
1 person with 10 million dollars has the ability to decide things at a school much easier than 500,000 fans who may give the school 10 million.

Their fanbase needs to boycott the athletic department.
Then the university can.decide what direction they want to go.

The difference with some universities is that the money thinks like the average fan.

You are seeing the separation based on this.
The guy that owns the Miami Dolphins calls most of the shots at Michigan. He basically renovated the stadium back in 2008.

The guy that owns the Miami Dolphins calls most of the shots at Michigan. He basically renovated the stadium back in 2008.

Isn't his name on the business school there.

Truthfully don't understand why a public university is so preoccupied with their school reputation..
Cal isn't even that bad and it is a way better university.

Michigan likes Harbaugh because he creates the image that the university is more important than the football team.

Whatever makes them feel proud of themselves

Texas has a huge public fund of money that they control. Plus it comes from a huge growing state.
They aren't even that bad.

UNC definitely isn't.
They through their academics under the bus to save their basketball program.
They are also a growing state. Charlotte grows as fast as Austin, Houston and Dallas.

You propping up liberal Cal is no surprise. Thinking a commie education is better than other schools is no surprise.

Ross has given the school close to $400 million, so he runs the show. If they choose not to listen to him, then the well could run dry. Listen to me, who donates 0, or the guy that funds major projects? If Ross wants Harbaugh out, he'll be out. I have no idea what he thinks of Harbaugh.

Really, should educate yourself in broader areas. Indoctrination to Cal isn't a good way to learn.

Being a communist and sympathetic to free handouts simply isn't the American way. Less Cal, and more folks like Ole Miss and Arkansas. Really, it's people that think like Cal who are ruining America.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Looks like Michigan is a bigger dumpster fire than Texas

That's probably a good move by him, as Harbaugh seldom plays any freshmen, even if they're better than the upperclassmen. Would still like to know the truth on what transpired though. Some seem to blame UM admissions for him not being able to start classes in January, but that doesn't make sense to me. I say he just woke up and saw Harbaugh as an idiot, and favored the Sark with whom he has a great relationship with.

What would have to happen for Harbaugh to save his job?
Nothing. Harbaugh would have to croak in order to lose his job. Looking at a .500 season this year, plus or minus a game.

This is an interview he gave the local TV station in Fresno.

The issue was one class..
Michigan should have just accepted him. Once that happened it was to make Michigan and Harbaugh look bad.

From what I have been told was that it frustrated him that they started questioning the class and wouldn't just accept it.

But the Michigan people love it. Michigan is an elite school. But it isn't as great as they want it to be.

It is a public university. Should serve that state of Michigan. Shouldn't be chasing students like a private school

This is an interview he gave the local TV station in Fresno.

The issue was one class..
Michigan should have just accepted him. Once that happened it was to make Michigan and Harbaugh look bad.

From what I have been told was that it frustrated him that they started questioning the class and wouldn't just accept it.

But the Michigan people love it. Michigan is an elite school. But it isn't as great as they want it to be.

It is a public university. Should serve that state of Michigan. Shouldn't be chasing students like a private school

I won't speak on whether UM is or isn't worthy of its public school ranking, as quite frankly, I don't really care. I would rather hire someone with a working man's brain than what's coming out of colleges these days. With that said, Worthy had a good GPA coming out of high school, so one has to wonder how the other 100 guys on the team were able to get in through admissions. Maybe he had the misfortune of having his transcripts go through an old liberal hag of a woman who hates Harbaugh as much as I do. At this point, more losses and humiliation is what Harbaugh needs. Like I said, the guy in Miami will make a phone call at some point. Maybe Worthy can score six or seven touchdowns when Michigan comes to town in 2024.

I won't speak on whether UM is or isn't worthy of its public school ranking, as quite frankly, I don't really care. I would rather hire someone with a working man's brain than what's coming out of colleges these days. With that said, Worthy had a good GPA coming out of high school, so one has to wonder how the other 100 guys on the team were able to get in through admissions. Maybe he had the misfortune of having his transcripts go through an old liberal hag of a woman who hates Harbaugh as much as I do. At this point, more losses and humiliation is what Harbaugh needs. Like I said, the guy in Miami will make a phone call at some point. Maybe Worthy can score six or seven touchdowns when Michigan comes to town in 2024.

Doesn't have anything to do with GPA.

When you apply to a school you have to take certain classes.
One of the classes was an online course.

They red flagged it. You have to send it a Class syllabus and possibly other things including a letter from the instructor.

Regarding the rest.

They love him. Because he says that Michigan is playing by other rules in recruiting. Acts like Michigan can only recruit a certain percentage of students.

You don't even hear that from UC Berkeley.
They are the #1 public university

They love him. Because he says that Michigan is playing by other rules in recruiting. Acts like Michigan can only recruit a certain percentage of students.

You don't even hear that from UC Berkeley.
They are the #1 public university
He can say whatever he wants to say. Kids are going to go play for a name brand program that can win. UM has the brand, but cannot win, not as long as Harbaugh is there. To be honest, would be hard to win with just about anybody else as well, but at least field a team that can compete in the top 3 of your division.

Kids want to play for a coach they can relate to. That's why Howard is having success. That, and he's not stupid like Harbaugh.

He can say whatever he wants to say. Kids are going to go play for a name brand program that can win. UM has the brand, but cannot win, not as long as Harbaugh is there. To be honest, would be hard to win with just about anybody else as well, but at least field a team that can compete in the top 3 of your division.

Kids want to play for a coach they can relate to. That's why Howard is having success. That, and he's not stupid like Harbaugh.

That is why Dan Mullen should be #1 on their list

Florida doesn't fully believe in him.
He is one down year from really being on the hot seat.

Mullen is a great coach if you aren't competiting for NC every year.

The other options
Matt Campbell, Tom Allen

Campbell isn't leaving Iowa State for anyone right now.
Allen is from Indiana. I don't know if he will leave. I could be wrong here

That is why Dan Mullen should be #1 on their list

Florida doesn't fully believe in him.
He is one down year from really being on the hot seat.

Mullen is a great coach if you aren't competiting for NC every year.

The other options
Matt Campbell, Tom Allen

Campbell isn't leaving Iowa State for anyone right now.
Allen is from Indiana. I don't know if he will leave. I could be wrong here
There's no vacancy right now, but if somebody has balls Thanksgiving weekend, then I would bet they'd go after Campbell first. He's young, now proven, and he brings political correctness to the table. Would he leave for more money? Not sure. Money doesn't buy you love and happiness. If he likes where he's at, loves the area, then he should stay put. He could even use other seekers as a means to increase his salary, if that's important to him. I don't care much for the Florida coach. Seems a little brash and over the top at times. He's kind of a redneck, which I like, but probably wouldn't fit well with the liberal crowd in Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor isn't a great place for a conservative person.

There's no vacancy right now, but if somebody has balls Thanksgiving weekend, then I would bet they'd go after Campbell first. He's young, now proven, and he brings political correctness to the table. Would he leave for more money? Not sure. Money doesn't buy you love and happiness. If he likes where he's at, loves the area, then he should stay put. He could even use other seekers as a means to increase his salary, if that's important to him. I don't care much for the Florida coach. Seems a little brash and over the top at times. He's kind of a redneck, which I like, but probably wouldn't fit well with the liberal crowd in Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor isn't a great place for a conservative person.

The people there say the same thing about Mullen.
He is from New Hampshire.

Regarding Matt Campbell.
This is coming from someone very close to the situation.
Campbell has no reason to leave.
Iowa State will give him everything
He feels like they can recruit to a high level while only having to play Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma every year.

He feels like he can be the #1 program in that area of the country.
The new Nebraska

The people there say the same thing about Mullen.
He is from New Hampshire.

Regarding Matt Campbell.
This is coming from someone very close to the situation.
Campbell has no reason to leave.
Iowa State will give him everything
He feels like they can recruit to a high level while only having to play Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma every year.

He feels like he can be the #1 program in that area of the country.
The new Nebraska
He needs to step it up against the Hawkeyes then. Until he can win his share of games against them, he can't even be #1 in Iowa.

He needs to step it up against the Hawkeyes then. Until he can win his share of games against them, he can't even be #1 in Iowa.

We will see this year.
They didn't play last year. Iowa St is probably the favorite going into that game.
Series could be ending pretty soon because it has been getting ugly.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
No, series won't end. In most states, teams aren't afraid to continue playing against their in-state rivalry, despite if one coach happens to say something during a postgame interview. No excuses in most states.

No, series won't end. In most states, teams aren't afraid to continue playing against their in-state rivalry, despite if one coach happens to say something during a postgame interview. No excuses in most states.
...but not in Wild and Wonderful WV!

you find us an in state rivalry and we will play them.........0-12 and whatever the basketball record is does not scream rivalry....Glenville maybe?
What does history have to do with a rivalry? Cyclones aren't afraid to play the Hawkeyes, despite lackluster success in both basketball and football.

If history dictates a rivalry continuing, then why are you playing future games against Penn State, or even Pitt for that matter? Should you also inform the BIG XII commissioner that you don't want to play against Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in football anymore? Maybe double up games with Kansas and Texas Tech instead?

And a thread about projecting the 2021 record for Michigan will soon have posts about Bob Huggin’s DUI from several years ago and Marshall’s mops for props cheating scandal. Mix in some chicken bawling and other assorted name calling.

whine - rinse - repeat.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby

Only Marshall fans think that there is a WVU-Marshall "rivalry". There is no such thing.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Only Marshall fans think that there is a WVU-Marshall "rivalry". There is no such thing.
Good. Share that with the sports reporters, message board writers, and many others who put out stories about WVU beats their in-state rivals in baseball, or WVU loses to their in-state rivals in baseball. I can only report on what I see take place before my eyes.

What does history have to do with a rivalry? Cyclones aren't afraid to play the Hawkeyes, despite lackluster success in both basketball and football.

If history dictates a rivalry continuing, then why are you playing future games against Penn State, or even Pitt for that matter? Should you also inform the BIG XII commissioner that you don't want to play against Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in football anymore? Maybe double up games with Kansas and Texas Tech instead?
WVU will play anyone any time anywhere as long as they are deserving....marshlas football record against WVU added to the fact that their athletic dept doesn't respect big brother ends that argument... so there you have it.....WVU has a home and home with Alabama scheduled....so yeh.....we are REALLY afraid to play marshla....if michigan wants a home and home they got it....same with ahia state......but I doubt if they come calling

WVU will play anyone any time anywhere as long as they are deserving....marshlas football record against WVU added to the fact that their athletic dept doesn't respect big brother ends that argument... so there you have it.....WVU has a home and home with Alabama scheduled....so yeh.....we are REALLY afraid to play marshla....if michigan wants a home and home they got it....same with ahia state......but I doubt if they come calling
Cool story, bruh, but you don't speak on WVU's behalf. Dandy Don Nehlen rued the day that WVU scheduled the Buckeyes to play his highly ranked 1998 team to open the season. Souls were stolen, hearts were ripped out, and the Old Fold & Blew never righted the ship after the Silver Bullets thumped one of WVU's most talented teams ever at Milan Pushover Stadium on 9/5/98.

ADVERTISEMENT