ADVERTISEMENT

Mountaineer fan is my life

Potstill

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2019
Oakland, Md
I’m 66 years old and wanted to share my feelings with fans just like me.
Some background. I was born in Morgantown and grandparents lived on Forest Avenue. They boarded a dozen students in their home. My grandmother, Maw, was the biggest fan imaginable, listening to all radio broadcasts. You did nothing during a game except concentrate on the game. She taught me what a mountaineer fan should be. RIP Maw and Pap.
My first thoughts about mountaineer football was the walk from their house to the old stadium. I was 6/7 years old and I realized this journey meant something. It was magic.
So, as a dad both my boys graduated from WVU. Our tailgates in the blue lot were epic. So proud.
My oldest son was killed in a tragic accident. He left us properly attired in his WVU T shirt hearing Country roads.
Now flash to today. I’m working in the garden and I’m overcome with thoughts of my life being a mountaineer fan and especially beating Pitt. I’m thinking about how great if Maw, Pap, and Chris could be here with me for this victory.
I break down and cry like a baby. Beating Pitt and the memories just crushed me.

I’m so glad Mountaineer nation is in my life. Couldn’t have asked for more. Hail West Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News