ADVERTISEMENT

More Rats Jumping Ship

Mar 7, 2010
How many athletic department personnel does this make in the last year who have jumped ship for inferior positions?

This guy has spent his career in athletics, but is leaving it for any job he can get just to get out of wvu:

West Virginia: Associate athletic director for student-athlete development Brady Rourke has accepted a position at Appalachian State outside of athletics. Rourke has been at West Virginia since May 2014 and has previously worked in student-athlete support at Syracuse, Penn State and Arizona State.

You're in a full China Syndrome meltdown aren't you? I whupped you too hard yesterday. Go rest up. I'll be here tomorrow.

from Chuck's column...

How is Marshall's athletic department going to cope with this? Cutting corners is one thing. But a decrease of this severity goes way past corners. Besides, the result of cutting corners is cutting quality.

That's what we're really looking at.

As far as salaries, Jack Bogaczyk recently retired from his duties in Marshall's Sports Information office, which included Director of Publications andHerdZone.comcolumnist.

Then, Carly Weisenbach announced Friday she was leaving as Marshall's Associate Director of Sports Information to accept a position at the University of Pittsburgh. Weisenbach was the sports information liaison for the MU men's basketball program.

Will either be replaced? Maybe not.

Rich Worner(UCF) left as Marshall's football equipment manager on Jan. 15 and still hasn't been replaced. Also, Tara Helton recently departed as Director of Academic Counseling in the Buck Harless student-athlete program.

There also isn't any chance to make up some of the revenue loss by selling beer next football season. The Board of Governors tabled that measure during a meeting last week.

Final analysis? It's very bad.

--------------------

L I M E S T O N E !

Last edited:
from Chuck's column...

How is Marshall's athletic department going to cope with this? Cutting corners is one thing. But a decrease of this severity goes way past corners. Besides, the result of cutting corners is cutting quality.

That's what we're really looking at.

As far as salaries, Jack Bogaczyk recently retired from his duties in Marshall's Sports Information office, which included Director of Publications andHerdZone.comcolumnist.

Then, Carly Weisenbach announced Friday she was leaving as Marshall's Associate Director of Sports Information to accept a position at the University of Pittsburgh. Weisenbach was the sports information liaison for the MU men's basketball program.

Will either be replaced? Maybe not.

Rich Worner(UCF) left as Marshall's football equipment manager on Jan. 15 and still hasn't been replaced. Also, Tara Helton recently departed as Director of Academic Counseling in the Buck Harless student-athlete program.

There also isn't any chance to make up some of the revenue loss by selling beer next football season. The Board of Governors tabled that measure during a meeting last week.

Final analysis? It's very bad.

--------------------

L I M E S T O N E !

YAG's done got bitch slapped.....damn. Excellant :sunglasses:

Reactions: CAK125
YAG's done got bitch slapped.....damn. Excellant :sunglasses:

wvu athletic staff: going to D2 schools in WV and to a non-athletic role at a school which just left FCS.

Marshall athletic staff: going to better athletic departments like Pitt and UCF.

Marshall staff members are excelling in Huntington and able to move up. wvu staff members are doing anything and going to far inferior programs to escape the impending doom.

Even you morons can see the difference.

it's old... AND a classic

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050806aaa.html

May 8, 2006
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -
Marshall University head football coach Mark Snyder announced today that assistant coach Shaine Miles will be leaving the coaching staff to pursue a private business venture.
Miles, who has served as tight ends coach at Marshall for the past three seasons, will own and operate a new Chick-fil-A resturaunt in Ashland, Ky.

Game, set and match. Congratulations, WVU82.

I'm dealing with two morons here.

Let's try this again:

wvu athletic staff members are leaving for inferior positions (drops in level, pay, prestige, etc.).

In college football, it is very common for assistants to drop down to take a head coaching position. Very common.

People taking another job for a lot more money and better life? Again, very common. Proprieters of those fast-food chains do well- more than most G5 assistants and many P5 assistants.

What isn't common? Dropping from a P5 paid position to a D2 position for less pay. Dropping your career from a paid position at P5s to a non-athletic position at an inferior school.

Last edited:
wvu athletic staff: going to D2 schools in WV and to a non-athletic role at a school which just left FCS.

Marshall athletic staff: going to better athletic departments like Pitt and UCF.

Marshall staff members are excelling in Huntington and able to move up. wvu staff members are doing anything and going to far inferior programs to escape the impending doom.

Even you morons can see the difference.
lol really?

How about the assistant coach who went to chic fil a?

lol really?

How about the assistant coach who went to chic fil a?

Which part of the below was too hard for you to understand?

"People taking another job for a lot more money and better life? Again, very common. Proprieters of those fast-food chains do well- more than most G5 assistants and many P5 assistants.
"

Owners average over $200,000/year for chic-fil-a. There are few C-USA assistants making that much.

Which part of the below was too hard for you to understand?

"People taking another job for a lot more money and better life? Again, very common. Proprieters of those fast-food chains do well- more than most G5 assistants and many P5 assistants.
"

Owners average over $200,000/year for chic-fil-a. There are few C-USA assistants making that much.
Your smack in the opening post was so weak .

Reactions: 30CAT
It's not smack. There has been a running discussion about why wvu athletic personnel have frequently jumped to inferior jobs over the last year.

I'm dealing with two morons here.

Let's try this again:

wvu athletic staff members are leaving for inferior positions (drops in level, pay, prestige, etc.).

In college football, it is very common for assistants to drop down to take a head coaching position. Very common.

People taking another job for a lot more money and better life? Again, very common. Proprieters of those fast-food chains do well- more than most G5 assistants and many P5 assistants.

What isn't common? Dropping from a P5 paid position to a D2 position for less pay. Dropping your career from a paid position at P5s to a non-athletic position at an inferior school.

Didn't you drop from being a FCS coach to an FBS coach at little ole Bethune Cookman?

Didn't you drop from being a FCS coach to an FBS coach at little ole Bethune Cookman?

First, learn the difference, as you have FBS messed up with FCS.

I was technically an off-the-field quality control coach at North Texas. I then took a better on-field full-time job at an FCS. It's like I explained earlier about coaches dropping down a level to be a head coach; it's very common.

What isn't common? Going from a P5, even off-field, to a D2 . . . or completely out of athletics after spending your entire career in athletics.

Now, report back to us when you have learned the difference between FBS and FCS.

Last edited:
First, learn the difference, as you have FBS messed up with FCS.

I was technically and off-the-field quality control coach at North Texas. I then took a better on-field full-time job at an FCS. It's like I explained earlier about coaches dropping down a level to be a head coach; it's very common.

What isn't common? Going from a P5, even off-field, to a D2 . . . or completely out of athletics after spending your entire career in athletics.

Now, report back to us when you have learned the difference between FBS and FCS.

And how did that move work out for you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT