ADVERTISEMENT

Mookie Collier Commitss to Marshall

well,
i think the number 1 reason, #1 reason
WVU did not offer
(except he was
offered preferred walk on),

was WVU promised Leddie
that WVU was not recruiting another RB, period....

that is that

Let's be honest too. If WVU offered the ONLY RB in this class to a recruit with no stars and no offers, people would lose their shit. You know this is true lol

Reactions: WVUALLEN
well obviously you never saw him live, Mookie. ...
speed is faster, live...

as for an opinion
"of everyone else's opinion", this is the same fan base that drooled over Terry Bowden.... (as an example of WVUs fan base insecurity)

so,
let's just wait and see....

if these folks;
Mookie, Truck, Cooke don't earn a ship - scholarship early i doubt they stay at
Marshall or Pitt very long...
that means they play

Last edited:
Seeing him live won’t change that he had not a single D1 offer on the table.... and especially no offers from P5 teams

Seeing him live won’t change that he had not a single D1 offer on the table.... and especially no offers from P5 teams

i wouldn't say Bluefield is a high traveled area, like Washington METRO area
where i live
or Florida where I'm typing from today

there's the "Doc" Factor, too...
Doc can Recruit....and he needs to recruit and to take chances at Marshall

we are,
yes i said "we" are a 7-6 program
(maybe)
and you
(as WVU beat reporter- web site manager)
personally assist in this meadiacrity ...

I've wondered what
was the difference btwn
meadiacrity and incompetence

let's wait and see....

if 1 out of 3
(of Mookie, Truck, Cooke)
earn playing time...maybe stardom
then yet another WVU mistake is recorded

Bluefield is an hour from Virginia Tech....

Not far from UVA

why no offer ?

i kniw why, but You're Pitt
education will not translate...

i guess 2000 yards, 43 inch vertical, state player of the year
is a dime a dozen

Mookie Collier - 4.67 40, no offers. Could be he looked good because composition was weak.

0 - offers Walking on at Marshall as grey shirt. Which means he will have to earn a scholarship during the second semester. Coaches at West Virginia said so as well.

He will just have to take care of some funding and so forth the first semester, which he won't have any problems with ..What does this mean? Is Marshall going to pay under the table for him? He walked on at Marshall because WVU has a ton of RB's. He would never have seen the field. At Marshall he could start right away if he makes the grades. Marshall has a need.

Sounds to me you the ones advocating for him need to go cheer for the Herd. They are in need of fans also.

i kniw why, but You're Pitt
education will not translate...

i guess 2000 yards, 43 inch vertical, state player of the year
is a dime a dozen

In terms of college prospects, it seems to be

after all..... zero offers

we'll see....

let's wait and see....

one thing i know about bowl season,
was Marshall played allot better than in their Bowl Game
than embarrassing effort
WVU put on vs Utah.....not saying much

we'll see

there is no way Mookie
runs a 4.6 or 4.7...

drink up

Not a reflection on Leddie Brown just a comment on the perception of these players. Leddie was only 2nd team in the city of Philadelphia Catholic Leage granted a very very competitive one. If is true that we did promise Leddie we would not recruit additional running backs then Higher Management is putting all their eggs in one basket. And we all know that with the exception of JC transfers recruiting has not been that great. So if a 5***** running back wanted to come to WVU this year, what happens? I hope Leddie becomes an All-American and leds to us MUCH BETTER THINGS!

well,
i think the number 1 reason, #1 reason
WVU did not offer
(except he was
offered preferred walk on),

was WVU promised Leddie
that WVU was not recruiting another RB, period....

that is that

I agree with you Woodie on some things.

Excluding the JCs, Some of our recruiting has been head shaking. The transfers have helped biiiig at qb. Trickett and Grier have really helped. I guess they had to be recruited so to speak. We still lack break away speed at RB. Of course, some of that is playing faster & deeper defenses.

And promising not to recruit another player at the same position is weak. When WVU signed both Gwaltney and Slaton back in 05, they each knew about the other. I had a coach tell me "Gwaltney may be higher rated but Slaton is the fastest rb coming out of high school I have seen in years. Gwaltney will have to earn his PT." Players need to be competitive enough to say I'll beat out anybody you bring in.

Not a reflection on Leddie Brown just a comment on the perception of these players. Leddie was only 2nd team in the city of Philadelphia Catholic Leage granted a very very competitive one. If is true that we did promise Leddie we would not recruit additional running backs then Higher Management is putting all their eggs in one basket. And we all know that with the exception of JC transfers recruiting has not been that great. So if a 5***** running back wanted to come to WVU this year, what happens? I hope Leddie becomes an All-American and leds to us MUCH BETTER THINGS!

wow wee
a clear thought...

a thought of clarity. ...

Mookie had offers from VMI. You are no longer talking about academics anymore. I guess you are kind of admitting you were wrong on that one. I trust the staff at WVU as they are paid to evaluate and this is their job, BUT.........that doesn't mean they sometimes miss one or get it wrong. This is one of those times they got it wrong in my opinion only. As for Cooke, that's not WVUs fault. WVU was all over him early on. He simply couldn't qualify.

The kid actually DID have 3 offers contrary to what Rivals or 247 might have had. He had offers from VMI, Air Force Academy, and Westpoint.
area.

Link and source of these so called offers from VMI, Air Force and West Point.

Mookie had offers from VMI. You are no longer talking about academics anymore. I guess you are kind of admitting you were wrong on that one. I trust the staff at WVU as they are paid to evaluate and this is their job, BUT.........that doesn't mean they sometimes miss one or get it wrong. This is one of those times they got it wrong in my opinion only. As for Cooke, that's not WVUs fault. WVU was all over him early on. He simply couldn't qualify.
Would you or someone please explain why a young man with nearly a 4.0 GPA did not qualify. He certainly should have done OK on ACTs unless the grading system at Bluefield is a farce and some are. Only takes a 60% to pass now in many systems. Maybe we can let this thread rest for awhile if we really knew the truth. Did he fail the SATs or ACT? Can not believe it was because of talent, despite as some state that he had no offers. If WVU was after him early then it sure wasn't because he was not a DI player.

Ironically I did nearly go to OCS after grad school.

Was ready to go but got a better offer with a different gig

lol... insulting me isn’t going to earn your little darlings scholarships or legitimize them as quality recruits

pt taken
but
insulting the West Virginia State player of the year while he attends Marshall
may not generate credibility,
ultimately. ...
on the other spectrum

but yes
out of line. ...

pt taken
but
ultimately. ...
on the other spectrum

but yes
out of line. ...

but
Keaton will never apologize for disrespecting a young man and he will never admit he is wrong. Must be nice for him to have a 4.0 GPA, Pass the test to become a lawyer, CPA then go on to Med School and finish at the top of the class. I could go on and on but I think most of us get the picture.
ultimately. ...
on the other spectrum

but yes
out of line. ...[/QUOTE]

lol... insulting me isn’t going to earn your little darlings scholarships or legitimize them as quality recruits

You stated Mookie couldn't get past the admissions office. Your premise was.......he didn't have the grades. It's clear you have been proven wrong. Fact is........ya LIED. Period. You threw shi* at the wall out of that lying mouth, and the narcissism in you thought everyone was so stupid that they would think the shi" on the wall that you threw was real. You are also somewhat of a coward. Cowards change the argument when they are wrong. You are trying to redirect the argument to focus on his athletic talent to your lying claims about his academic talent.

You stated Mookie couldn't get past the admissions office. Your premise was.......he didn't have the grades. It's clear you have been proven wrong. Fact is........ya LIED. Period. You threw shi* at the wall out of that lying mouth, and the narcissism in you thought everyone was so stupid that they would think the shi" on the wall that you threw was real. You are also somewhat of a coward. Cowards change the argument when they are wrong. You are trying to redirect the argument to focus on his athletic talent to your lying claims about his academic talent.

No I’m not.

WVU didn’t want to offer him a scholarship

WVU wanted him to walk on.

He couldn’t get in, so Marshall

Well at least we now know that WVU did make an offer. So that kills one of Keaton's arguments. Now if we could just get to the bottom of the qualification matter, I would at least be somewhat satisfied.

Is Mookie getting a scholarship to Marshall or a walkon ?

Well at least we now know that WVU did make an offer. So that kills one of Keaton's arguments. Now if we could just get to the bottom of the qualification matter, I would at least be somewhat satisfied.

WVU never offered Mookie Collier....

No I’m not.

WVU didn’t want to offer him a scholarship
What part of an offer to Walk On is not an offer. OK no scholarship up front, but this represents both an offer and indicates he has some talent. Please explain and no one liners Please!

WVU wanted him to walk on.

He couldn’t get in, so Marshall

What a pivot....

“When I said offer, I never meant scholarship,..... I meant any offer. Walk on, team manager, anything!”

Keaton...you can be, or maybe are, such a jerk. Why such glee in the fact that a WV high school star didn't get a scholarship offer? Time for Keaton to sit in the corner.

Just a clarification, I could care less if the guy is coming here or not. But if you are offered, that means a scholarship. If you are invited, that usually means a walk on opportunity. Nobody has ever been invited a scholarship and nobody has ever been offered a walk on.

Didn't see this walk-on recruit being discussed over on the Herd board, but see it's deep into page two on the WVU forum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT