ADVERTISEMENT

Mookie Collier Commitss to Marshall

Hope the 'little' birdie knows what he is talking about
An entire thread dedicated to Mookie going to WVU on this forum.
I guess we know for sure when enrollment data is released.

Mookie should have become a Mountaineer. He was good enough. Also why couldn’t Truck Edwards be PWO at WVU. WVU should have wanted him too. We really drop the ball with our own WV kids. It’s sad.

Why in the hell does Kerry Martin not have a WVU offer as a DB? He is Capital star.

Collier couldn’t get past the admissions office

As far as Truck, he’s a 5’10 FB.... why do we want that again?

And if Mookie flops he will not have a thread on here again. Funny how that works.

I still haven't seen this guy play. I wish him well but something tells me he won't do well there.

Most coaches that do evaluation as a career still don't break 50% of a class being there 4-5 years later, so they're not that special and great at their evaluations. I mean about 1/2 of every class washes out. Imagine if these PAID (or overpaid in some cases if you can't get that 50% mark) professional evaluators could get 80% or dare I say 90-100% to buy in and succeed there, the W-L results would probably be better than a 10 win average. 4-5 year players are basically men playing against boys especially on the lines.

Last edited:
Collier couldn’t get past the admissions office

As far as Truck, he’s a 5’10 FB.... why do we want that again?

You do realize that Mookie Collier only made 2 B's in High School, as in.......all 4 years? He was a near 4.0 student and was wanted by VMI. The kid is an academic machine.

KeatonsCorner, are you on Meth? Do you think you can throw sh* at the wall and just have it stick? Mookie Collier was a 3.97 student and finished 4th in his graduating class. What a tool you are. As for WVU, I don't get it. Bluefield, WV, dominated football in the state when they were triple A for years and years, then they drop to AA a couple decades ago, and they dominate the same. You would think at some point, somebody in Morgantown would realize you probably have to have some solid players in order to do that, yet for many years, the kids at Bluefield High and Graham High (across the border in Bluefield, VA) go somewhere else and do well. I've never understood. As for Truck Edwards, I get it. Grades and qualifying are/were an issue. As for talent? No question, he could play there. As for Mookie, an absolute ignorant blunder on behalf of WVU. That kid will end up playing in the NFL and being a star at Marshall. WVU was smart to jump on Cooke from Bluefield, VA, early on, and it's a shame he also didn't have the grades like Truck Edwards, and just committed to Marshall. He also, will be a star. But.....as for WVU not jumping on Mookie Collier and offering him, they have to be ignorant. Sorry, just know way around it. Same thing for Virginia Tech by the way. Bluefield being 55 minutes to Blacksburg and no Virginia Tech offer to Collier? Ignorance. Academically, he's gifted. Athletically, he's crazy gifted.

Last edited:
Hey Keaton what happen to no offers, no talent and now you are siting grades. Credibility may be a risk.

Keaton has no concept of what he's talking about when saying Collier couldn't get past the admissions office at WVU, lol. He would get past 90% of the entering entire freshmen class at WVU, and I'm not talking about just football players, I'm talking about every freshmen admitted to West Virginia University in fall of 2018. His academic credentials are better than 90-95% of them. That's not to sell WVU short either, but I'm saying that's how gifted Collier is in the classroom. Do a google or YouTube search and listen to the kid speak. His command of the English language sounds like an Ivy League kid.

KeatonsCorner, are you on Meth? Do you think you can throw sh* at the wall and just have it stick? Mookie Collier was a 3.97 student and finished 4th in his graduating class. What a tool you are. As for WVU, I don't get it. Bluefield, WV, dominated football in that state when they were triple A for years and years, then they drop to AA a couple decades ago, and they dominate the same. You would think at some point, somebody in Morgantown would realize you probably have to have some solid players in order to do that, yet for many years, the kids at Bluefield High and Graham High (across the border in Bluefield, VA) go somewhere else and do well. I've never understood. As for Truck Edwards, I get it. Grades and qualifying are/were an issue. As for talent? No question, he could play there. As for Mookie, an absolute ignorant blunder on behalf of WVU. That kid will end up playing in the NFL and being a star at Marshall. WVU was smart to jump on Cooke from Bluefield, VA, early on, and it's a shame he also didn't have the grades like Truck Edwards, and just committed to Marshall. He also, will be a star. But.....as for WVU not jumping on Mookie Collier and offering him, they have to be ignorant. Sorry, just know way around it. Same thing for Virginia Tech by the way. Bluefield being 55 minutes to Blacksburg and no Virginia Tech offer to Collier? Ignorance. Academically, he's gifted. Athletically, he's crazy gifted.

well said
great summary ....

one thing i know,
Mookie Collier made one of the best plays I've seen at any level vs Graham to win. ...

by striping the Graham runner as Graham was going in to win the game...
Mookie went for the strip,
not the hit

smart ball player

well said
great summary ....

one thing i know,
Mookie Collier made one of the best plays I've seen at any level vs Graham to win. ...

by striping the Graham runner as Graham was going in to win the game...
Mookie went for the strip,
not the hit

smart ball player

I was at that game. I'm from Peterstown. Did undergrad at Virginia Tech and grad school at West Virginia. I root for both schools. I know, probably not a common thing away from Southern West Virginia and Southwestern Virginia, but in these parts, it's kind of common. I always root for the local kids to blow up when they get to college, and I hope all 3 do. Don't count out Truck Edwards at Pittsburg either. He's a preferred walk on, but I'm telling ya, this kid has some solid skills and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start for Pittsburgh in a few years, and do the usual, beat an overranked Virginia Tech team that seems to choke bigtime against Pittsburgh.

I was at that game. I'm from Peterstown. Did undergrad at Virginia Tech and grad school at West Virginia. I root for both schools. I know, probably not a common thing away from Southern West Virginia and Southwestern Virginia, but in these parts, it's kind of common. I always root for the local kids to blow up when they get to college, and I hope all 3 do. Don't count out Truck Edwards at Pittsburg either. He's a preferred walk on, but I'm telling ya, this kid has some solid skills and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start for Pittsburgh in a few years, and do the usual, beat an overranked Virginia Tech team that seems to choke bigtime against Pittsburgh.

again well said...

these "geniuses" here never realize
that Southern WVa is largely ignored
by Morgantown. ...while picking
a small player from Louisiana last year...

as for Truck ,
that goal line run vs Fairmont was brutal as he was hit twice inside the 5 and ran over both Fairmont tacklers like they were his bitches (insensitive,
sure but watch that run..i heard it made SportCenter) ....

my mom taught at Beaver for years

i played vs Peterstown in baseball
and played w Peterstown talent
in American Legion

Last edited:
Hey Keaton what happen to no offers, no talent and now you are siting grades. Credibility may be a risk.

He is walking on at Marshall instead of walking on at WVU because he could not gain admission

That’s actually pretty well known at this point

And lol at the “Mookie to WVU!” Thread creator calling anyone else’s credibility into play

He is walking on at Marshall instead of walking on at WVU because he could not gain admission

And lol at the “Mookie to WVU!” Thread creator calling anyone else’s credibility into play

concerning this doctored plant
(subject title)
well you live in this computer world, i wouldn't throw stones "in a glass house"
as the saying goes. ...

this subject was doctored w Mookie in a WVU uniform. ...sadly

why don't we just wait
and see how They do. .

i think its kinda foolish to be an so called expert while never attending live HS games

but knock yourself out

also, something to think about is in
you all's unfounded arogance
you never considered
is late qualification....

ps...for example, Amos (Zereoue)
qualified in the summer
and he also redshirted....

Last edited:

Yes, I made a mistake on the originial post. I was wrong and will admit it. Never heard you ever admit you have been wrong! Please just answer was it no talent as you originally stated or grades as you now insist? Seems as if you should say one way or the other and then we will have an idea what excuse is the real one. Your cut and paste of how many offers Mookie had is getting somewhat old.

Don’t care if you find it old, it’s true

Kid has zero D1 offers, hence why WVU didn’t recruit him

Kid doesn’t have the test scores hence why he can’t even walk on either

Mookie is a blur out there. I wish he could have became a Mountaineer. I think he’s a steal for Marshall.

you're testy....
let's just wait and see. ...
their past their recruiting phase....
take a deep breath
and get back to the computer

Again, no concept of what your saying. Rookie had a 1320 SAT score past summer. That's near the 90th percentile range. I get it if one argues his talent or ability to play at the major college level. That can be argued either way and only time will tell. It's clear you are trying to shape the argument away from his academic ability to his athletic ability because you were dead wrong on the academic part. He scored a 1320 on his SAT and had a 3.97 GPA. That's a fact. Why wasn't Mookie offered by major schools? His size is the reason. I respect the heck out of your opinion as to him not being able to athletically play at the power 5 level. I disagree but respect it. As for the academic part, you are simply 100 percent wrong.

So, Mookie had a 3.97 grade point average, an SAT score of 1320, and is an exceptionally gifted high school football player. I am shocked that some Ivy League school wouldn’t have landed him.

The only rational conclusion that can be drawn is that all D1 college coaches must be morons to pass on this kid. It’s a wonder people that stupid could even find their way to work everyday.

Was he a senior this past year?

Mookie is a senior this year. Took the SAT in the fall. Had made a total of 2 B's in High School as of the end of December. 3.97 GPA heading into this January. The kid actually DID have 3 offers contrary to what Rivals or 247 might have had. He had offers from VMI, Air Force Academy, and Westpoint. He's not vocal. Very humble kid and a humble family. He even stated this year in Basketball season to the Bluefield Daily Telegraph that he's not into discussing college options until the season is over because his focus was his team. That's the kind of kid he is. By the way, he's also an incredible Hoops player. His size is the reason he wasn't offered by major schools, but it wasn't his academics, that's for sure. Watch and see though, he will do well at Marshall.

He reminds me much of Ahmad Bradshaw from Bluefield, VA, (Graham High) in High School. Ahmad had offers only from UVA early on, and WVU and VT were the usual, late to offer when the kid had put up alarming numbers through his junior year of High School. Yes, he got into some trouble at UVA before ever playing a down, and he went to Marshall and tore it up, started 7 years in the league and got 2 superbowl rings. It was the same thing as Mookie coming out of Bluefield (he's to small) or "he just isn't quite fast enough," etc. Fact is, he was just a great football player. Mookie is much the same, but don't expect him to be in trouble. He's a Christian, an active one, studies hard, and watch and see, he will end up starting at Marshall and having a chance at the NFL. I'm not saying he's automatically an NFL guy, but I'm saying this.....he will start at Marshall by his sophomore year and do very well. I've been watching football in the southern part of our state for decades as well as Southwestern VA, and I'm telling ya, Mookie is one of the best to come out of here.

Taymon Cooke, WVU commit, but now going to Marshall due to grades was one heck of a football player here in the Bluefield's. As good and talented as he is, Mookie is better. If you were to ask the locals in the Bluefield's not just on the Bluefield Beaver side, but also on the Graham of Bluefield, VA, side, they would tell you the same. Cooke is special and one heck of a player, but Mookie is not just a bit better, but one of the best to come out of this area.

Mookie is a senior this year. Took the SAT in the fall. Had made a total of 2 B's in High School as of the end of December. 3.97 GPA heading into this January. The kid actually DID have 3 offers contrary to what Rivals or 247 might have had. He had offers from VMI, Air Force Academy, and Westpoint. He's not vocal. Very humble kid and a humble family. He even stated this year in Basketball season to the Bluefield Daily Telegraph that he's not into discussing college options until the season is over because his focus was his team. That's the kind of kid he is. By the way, he's also an incredible Hoops player. His size is the reason he wasn't offered by major schools, but it wasn't his academics, that's for sure. Watch and see though, he will do well at Marshall.

He reminds me much of Ahmad Bradshaw from Bluefield, VA, (Graham High) in High School. Ahmad had offers only from UVA early on, and WVU and VT were the usual, late to offer when the kid had put up alarming numbers through his junior year of High School. Yes, he got into some trouble at UVA before ever playing a down, and he went to Marshall and tore it up, started 7 years in the league and got 2 superbowl rings. It was the same thing as Mookie coming out of Bluefield (he's to small) or "he just isn't quite fast enough," etc. Fact is, he was just a great football player. Mookie is much the same, but don't expect him to be in trouble. He's a Christian, an active one, studies hard, and watch and see, he will end up starting at Marshall and having a chance at the NFL. I'm not saying he's automatically an NFL guy, but I'm saying this.....he will start at Marshall by his sophomore year and do very well. I've been watching football in the southern part of our state for decades as well as Southwestern VA, and I'm telling ya, Mookie is one of the best to come out of here.

Taymon Cooke, WVU commit, but now going to Marshall due to grades was one heck of a football player here in the Bluefield's. As good and talented as he is, Mookie is better. If you were to ask the locals in the Bluefield's not just on the Bluefield Beaver side, but also on the Graham of Bluefield, VA, side, they would tell you the same. Cooke is special and one heck of a player, but Mookie is not just a bit better, but one of the best to come out of this area.

Thanks. My buddy coaches for East Hardy and told me a lot about him. Sounds like he will do well.

Thanks. My buddy coaches for East Hardy and told me a lot about him. Sounds like he will do well.

West Virginia state player of the year...football

all ready 1st team all state
in Basketball, also....
Bluefield had state coach of the year...
Freddie Simon....

and if not for Mookie,
Truck Edwards would have been in the running for POY WVa...

Mookie is West Virginia state's best player. .
fast, quick w burst. ...39 TDs 2000 yards

43 inch vertical

Last edited:
How is it possible for one person to say that he didnt make it because of grades and another one to say he had a 3.97 GPA?

Mookie is a blur out there. I wish he could have became a Mountaineer. I think he’s a steal for Marshall.

Please quit making shit up.
Mookie 40 is 4.67 Hardly a blur.
Let me know if he actually gets to Marshall.
He had every shot to make it to WVU but chose to walk on at Mini U instead of WVU.

Please quit making shit up.
Mookie 40 is 4.67 Hardly a blur.
Let me know if he actually gets to Marshall.
He had every shot to make it to WVU but chose to walk on at Mini U instead of WVU.

come on
WVU recruiting has not been impressive. ...

Our RB recruiting has been

Tevon Bush, last year...?
moved to slot...WVU doesn't use slot much under Spav

Crawford. ...lov his change of direction. ...toughness. ...hope so,
but probably not NFL drafted...

McCoy....nice player ...he's probably sick of the way WVU used him...wish he wouldn't run unto safeties in open field....yes nice player...never gave him a chance at slot...
WVU basically eliminated the
so called slot position under Spav

Pettiway.
use him more...tough...runs tough

Leddie would have statred last year ....saying something

Sinkfield...nice hilight...

Buie/Garrison. ...barely Div I...but nice 200 vs Texas for Buie....

Mookie as fast as any of those or faster, certainly

Last edited:
well,
i think the number 1 reason, #1 reason
WVU did not offer
(except he was
offered preferred walk on),

was WVU promised Leddie
that WVU was not recruiting another RB, period....

that is that

Not downplaying his accomplishments, but we fought big time D1 programs for Brown. Bush was locked on WVU for a long time but he had a nice crop of D1 offers. Kids get overlooked all the time in recruiting. It happens. If WVU offered him to walk on as did Marshall, I think he definitely took notice to what WVU has/getting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT