ADVERTISEMENT

Mookie Collier commits to WVU

Offer sheets aren’t opinions

And all opinions aren’t equal...

Just cause it’s Mofo’s opinion a kid deserves an offer, doesn’t mean it’s should be respected when the opinions of ACTUAL coaches who don’t recruit the kid say otherwise

The “I Seent ‘em” opinion has no validation

If Mookie played in another state with another zip code I think WVU would offer him. I have to agree that it seems crimininal that they offer shorter Bush and won’t offer Mookie Collier. Mookie is dynamic. We could utilize him.

Apparently Woodie who made post might have misunderstood the situation. I hope he’s right but I have some doubts. Either way WVU should offer Mookie full ride. He’s worthy.

Criminal? Really?

This is woodie with an apology. Guess I Misunderstood the article in the paper or maybe it was wishful thinking.I believe the young man is deserving as both an athlete and a person with character if the r reports are right. Seems as if some are really hung up on stars and offers. I am not knocking Bush but Cookie is of the same mold and. could be a steal. How many offers did Javon Carter have? As I understand not many big ones, Give the kid a break!

WVU does not need to be in the business of giving breaks....

Kid doesn’t have one single D1 offer

Bringing kids who need “a break” in is not how we win our conference

Bringing Leddie Browns in is

Reactions: writeon
Sure wish I knew about talent as well as you. Believe we might have given Javon Carter a break; nobody else wanted him! Not a thing against Leddie
Brown( 4 stars) but as I recall he was only second team in the city of Brotherly love.

Sure wish I knew about talent as well as you. Believe we might have given Javon Carter a break; nobody else wanted him! Not a thing against Leddie
Brown( 4 stars) but as I recall he was only second team in the city of Brotherly love.
While this is all true, it was the coaches that decided to make the offer to JC. You can point out Joe Alexander’s case as well. Coaches saw his talent and he could jump out of the gym and offered him when no one else did.
Feel sure there is some aspect that has held them from offering MC and neither I or this board may ever know just why. Shoot, it maybe some intangible. Try explaining those to the public. Just glad my job doesn’t hang on the decisions & I don’t have to call those shots.

No, that isn’t true

JEVON Carter had half a dozen D1 offers and his HS had already provided Bob Huggins with Jacob Pullen (one of the members of Huggs’ #1 ranked recruiting class at KSU)

The HS coach called Huggs and said “I got another one for you”

points all well taken,

but you-all never factor in,
is that WVUs bowl game effort vs Utah would NOT allow any fan, that WVU has any idea how to build a roster nor develop the existing roster. ...

(again, not allow) even allow the "casual spectator" to more experienced fan, that WVU has any idea how to build a roster ...

that WVU effort was easily the worst bowl effort of the 2017-18 season. ...of any team of all the bowls....

WVU didn't recruit Switzer, either...

not to say this, that or the other
but WVU coaches know how to cash inflated salary checks....

points all well taken,

but you-all never factor in,
is that WVUs bowl game effort vs Utah would NOT allow any fan, that WVU has any idea how to build a roster nor develop the existing roster. ...

(again, not allow) even allow the "casual spectator" to more experienced fan, that WVU has any idea how to build a roster ...

that WVU effort was easily the worst bowl effort of the 2017-18 season. ...of any team of all the bowls....

WVU didn't recruit Switzer, either...

not to say this, that or the other
but WVU coaches know how to cash inflated salary checks....
Well, the effort in the Pinstripe wasn’t too good either. At least I didn’t spend any of my $$ to go to either one.

ps...forgot to mention,

Mookie has a 43 inch vertical ...

all ready 1st team all state basketball,
from last season. ..

.which i heard
hits head on the rim...scores almost 50% of Beaver's points in Bball

ps...forgot to mention,

Mookie has a 43 inch vertical ...

all ready 1st team all state basketball,
from last season. ..

.which i heard
hits head on the rim...scores almost 50% of Beaver's points in Bball

At his height.... even with a 43 inch vertical....

He’d not be close to hitting his head on the rim

Stop making things up..... or at least be better at the math thing

Reactions: spreadoption
At his height.... even with a 43 inch vertical....

He’d not be close to hitting his head on the rim

Stop making things up..... or at least be better at the math thing

i heard that 43 from credible source

like you're an expert in physics ...
he is 1st team all state in bball, already

again, i appreciate all the info that you provide, sincerely. ..

but maybe you should do a "self evaluation" of your own credibility vice
attempting to defame others. ..

again, you are an expert
in everyone else's opinions

oopps, never mind...

i believe, what i believe
you all believe, what you believe....

for whatever reason
or reasons we believe , i could care less

i consider this subject closed

oopps, never mind...

i believe, what i believe
you all believe, what you believe....

for whatever reason
or reasons we believe , i could care less

i consider this subject closed

This subject is NOT CLOSED!

Will arguing accomplish anything? No
Will anyone make anymore valid points? No
Will this back and forth arguing cause coaches to change their recruiting strategy (which generally means that more than 50% of every recruiting class isn't there 4 years later)? Heck NO

I do still want another 2-3 weeks of arguing on this issue!
Why?
Because that's when basketball season really kicks off & matters, and for about 2 solid weeks, it's kind of fun to watch!

Until then, I need a diversion to get me through to spring football.

No one needs to be an expert in physics to know that a 5’9 kid (69 inches) with a 43 inch vertical leap still is half a foot from putting his forehead on a 10 ft (120inches) rim

To say “I don’t believe that” is to deny basic math

And I ask again..... what offers does Mookie Collier have to play football at the P5 level? D1 level?

No one needs to be an expert in physics to know that a 5’9 kid (69 inches) with a 43 inch vertical leap still is half a foot from putting his forehead on a 10 ft (120inches) rim

To say “I don’t believe that” is to deny basic math

And I ask again..... what offers does Mookie Collier have to play football at the P5 level? D1 level?
In WV math, doesn’t 2+3=6?

Mookie would make a great 3rd down RB and change of pace. He’s too dynamic to pass up. He also would be great on special teams returning punts and kicks while also covering on special teams.

Hes more dynamic than Bush. Not knocking Bush but Mookie is more explosive than anybody on WVU roster.

Mookie would make a great 3rd down RB and change of pace. He’s too dynamic to pass up. He also would be great on special teams returning punts and kicks while also covering on special teams.

Hes more dynamic than Bush. Not knocking Bush but Mookie is more explosive than anybody on WVU roster.

very well said...

when i think of WVU i speed,
i think of Robert Walker and
John Hollifield....

no one on
the existing roster

i know how many offers he has...

i know his situation. ....

?how come,
you don't know this information

Well ugh, Oh yeah Riley

Well the Jerk Store called and they're running out of you!

Last edited:
Well ugh, Oh yeah Riley

Well the Jerk Store called and they're running out of you!
What's the difference? You're their all time best seller!

This argument must go on til March or til the FBI names the cheating schools & the NCAA issues the statement that says nothing at all.

I’m pretty much with Woodie on this one. There’s something to be said for winning, and player of the year for the state is pretty important too. So much of the running back position is about vision and hitting the hole. Avon Cobourne was the perfect example of that. That’s hard to measure.

Worst case scenario you play him on special teams.

Just my opinion
Lgm!

What does Collier’s offer list look like?

How does every single D1 program in America miss all these obvious traits of a great recruit?

how come, you do not know this information?

why don't you know his situation?

this is your job,
to report

Anthony Becht’s offer list was WVU and fake Delaware. Sometimes you take a flyer on a winner.

it's so easy to trash "a high school player", because he threatens a certain comfort zone...
a high school player which "a person"
has never seen before. ...

a two team all state player in both
football and basketball. ...

state player of the year. ..

state champion

and fast

Still no commitment

And still no offer from WVU outside of a walk on opportunity

he has offers....better than Becht

I've always wondered the difference between incompatience of programs and being average (or below average) programs
and the supporters which follow

then the difference btwn realistic fans and so called "coolaid drinking" supporters...

and the motivation which follows

Baker Mayfield, the guy that won the Heisman, had 3 offers coming out of high school. Rice, FAU, and another non P5 school that like FAU & Rice had a storied tradition of SUCKING and being the homecoming opponent at least 7 times every year.

Mayfield walked on at Texas Tech and won the starting job as a true freshman, got injured and lost his job to Davis Webb. Btw This is the biggest reason Cliff Kingsbury should be fired cause it's obvious he totally sucks at evaluating QBs. Mayfield then leaves TX Tech and walks on at Oklahoma and outplays starter and Sugar Bowl MVP Trevor Knight and becomes the starter and wins 2 conference titles and as previously stated, the Heisman.

Recruiting is an inexact evaluation of players. Whether it's Rodney Harrison, Andre Reed, Daryl Green, or Kurt Warner, every year great players get overlooked by D1 for the reasons of politics, favoritism, laziness & ignorance of coaches, and/or legacy commitments. A gal that was my childhood next door neighbor married Chad Pennington, who had no D1 offers, but he was a Heisman Finalist, 1st round draft pick, and played like 11 years in the National Football League. Heck Walter Payton, John Randle, Michael Straehan, Deacon Jones, and Shannon Sharpe didn't have any D1 offers either but they're all in the Pro Football HOF. As is Jerry Rice-Miss Valley State-Greatest WR ever and Charles Haley-James Madison (Got 5 Rings).

According to Lou Holtz, Bobby Howard was given a scholarship offer primarily because ND thought they would increase their chances of landing Moss, Howard went on to start 4 years at ND. That's another Scooter Berry with Jason Gwaltney type story.

Offer lists are not a litmus test.

Last edited:
What does Collier’s offer list look like?

How does every single D1 program in America miss all these obvious traits of a great recruit?

Well, he’s not very big compared to many of the other players, especially linemen, so he’s harder to see.

That’s probably how they missed him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT