ADVERTISEMENT

Mookie Collier commits to WVU

I hope this is accurate. Mookie is worthy of a full WVU scholarship. I’m more than sure he offers more than smaller Tevin Bush who is 5-5.

I hope this is accurate. Mookie is worthy of a full WVU scholarship. I’m more than sure he offers more than smaller Tevin Bush who is 5-5.
Another example of a decision based solely on a single piece of data—size. Why do so many on here choose to be so narrow mindedness and tunnel vision???

he'll never start at WVU. ...he's a
complementary player, only...

as for your comment about his excellence, he's a "back up" only....if he is what you inferred, bush would have never left the SEC or south region. ..

Mookie is faster than Bush....

he'll never start at WVU. ...he's a
complementary player, only...

as for your comment about his excellence, he's a "back up" only....if he is what you inferred, bush would have never left the SEC or south region. ..

Mookie is faster than Bush....
Buch is very talented and had a little trouble holding onto the ball in practice or he would have played a lot more this year. The guy has been on campus for a year and you act as if he was a miss.

Buch is very talented and had a little trouble holding onto the ball in practice or he would have played a lot more this year. The guy has been on campus for a year and you act as if he was a miss.

He also had offers from Arkansas, Texas Tech, Kansas and a number of other schools. Was a first-team all-state and helped lead his team to a state title in a talent rich state.

this response is for Vern/K both;

no not at all (about Bush
being a wash)
....i like his ability to change direction

i was inferring a couple points...
WVU & the Northern part of the state largely ignores southern WVa talent. .

stating Bush is a "Jock Sounders or Noel Devine" is a stretch....
we'll have to wait and see..

stating WVU does recruit smallish RBs or slots is not true...aka Mookie

for the small back billet, Bush holds that position, so he'd better produce. .

i do know WVU offered "Walk on" status only for Mookie....my impression is that is not an option for him personally. ...

Mookie player of the year in the state of West Virginia. ...

watching WVU performance in the bowl game, does give the fan base much confidence. ..I'm sure ticket sales will refect this bowl performance vs Utah

Mookie is fast....fast..
faster than Bush but not as physical

and WVUs recruiting is suspect at best. ..
hard to ignore that UTAH bowl game effort

He played for Landry-Walker, Louisiana 5A State Champions his senior year. He was the feature back on a running team that just plowed through the toughest division of Louisiana football. Because of Tavon Austin he called WVU his "dream school" before he was offered by WVU. He held SEC, ACC, and B12 offers.

I hope Mookie gets a chance at WVU. But tell me, what P5 offers does he have?If WVU is missing something so is everyone else. It's not like traditional powers are unwilling to give Bluefield running backs a chance.

i doubt you have even watched
either
Cooke or Mookie ....

i doubt you watched both, live

He played for Landry-Walker, Louisiana 5A State Champions his senior year. He was the feature back on a running team that just plowed through the toughest division of Louisiana football. Because of Tavon Austin he called WVU his "dream school" before he was offered by WVU. He held SEC, ACC, and B12 offers.

I hope Mookie gets a chance at WVU. But tell me, what P5 offers does he have?If WVU is missing something so is everyone else. It's not like traditional powers are unwilling to give Bluefield running backs a chance.

slurping is great....and
not what you said is incorrect. ...

but if WVU would offer Bush and not recruit Mookie is criminal

slurping is great....and
not what you said is incorrect. ...

but if WVU would offer Bush and not recruit Mookie is criminal
I'll defer to your greater knowledge on slurping, but if two players are relatively equal in every way I think state schools should prefer in-state players. Clearly, no recruiting service and no school seemed to consider Bush and Collier equal. Having said that Collier looks good on film.

I'll defer to your greater knowledge on slurping, but if two players are relatively equal in every way I think state schools should prefer in-state players. Clearly, no recruiting service and no school seemed to consider Bush and Collier. Having said that Collier looks good on film.

we all hope for the
best across the board....

well i go on production. ..
Bush wasn't productive, yet at WVU..
given the chance hope he plays

classic,
that you defend easily the
worse bowl team last season

Bush and McDougal can be on the
all munchkin team...

i don't see Zeroue, Avon nor Jock when i see Bush....but we can hope

and you can't teach blinding speed that Mookie has

when you watched our bowl game, one conclusion that you can't make was WVUs ability to build depth

well i go on production. ..
Bush wasn't productive, yet at WVU..
given the chance hope he plays

classic,
that you defend easily the
worse bowl team last season

Bush and McDougal can be on the
all munchkin team...

i don't see Zeroue, Avon nor Jock when i see Bush....but we can hope

and you can't teach blinding speed that Mookie has
So Bush hasn't been productive enough at WVU as a true freshman and Mookie wasn't even there but you deemed him the better player because you "go on production"?

You're always good for a laugh mofo.

you all are
experts in everyone else's opinions

something you all
need to look look at and deep inside yourself ,
is how many actual High school games you've attended LIVE
in the last year,
attended in the last 5 years,
attended in the last 10 years

you're experts, alright
in everyone else's opinions ....

you all are
experts in everyone else's opinions

something you all
need to look look at and deep inside yourself ,
is how many actual High school games you've attended LIVE
in the last year,
attended in the last 5 years,
attended in the last 10 years

you're experts, alright
in everyone else's opinions ....

Your opinion is ****ing uninformed...

How many offers does he have?

How many did Bush have?

how many actual offers did Bush have

How many did Bush have?

how ma

How many did Bush have?

man actual offers did Bush have?
like weekly contact offers....

figures
you'd get into a conversation about a 5-5 180 lb TB vs 5-9 170 LB player....

we lov anyone who plays for WVU and i hope Bush is a dynamic player...

but crowning WVU kings of recruiting after Galloway and Seider departed is uneducated. ...

character assassinate all you want while WVU plays TCU,
is your choice

If Mookie played in another state with another zip code I think WVU would offer him. I have to agree that it seems crimininal that they offer shorter Bush and won’t offer Mookie Collier. Mookie is dynamic. We could utilize him.

Apparently Woodie who made post might have misunderstood the situation. I hope he’s right but I have some doubts. Either way WVU should offer Mookie full ride. He’s worthy.

If Mookie played in another state with another zip code I think WVU would offer him. I have to agree that it seems crimininal that they offer shorter Bush and won’t offer Mookie Collier. Mookie is dynamic. We could utilize him.

Apparently Woodie who made post might have misunderstood the situation. I hope he’s right but I have some doubts. Either way WVU should offer Mookie full ride. He’s worthy.

Mookie Collier.- 5'9 161 / 4.67 40 time
College List - There are no interests.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/222031/mookie-collier

Tevin Bush - 5'8 170 / 4.56 40 time
College List
Cincinnati
Arkansas
Louisville
Texas Tech
Tulane

Wow Mookie entire inch taller but 9 pounds lighter and slower. No wonder nobody has interest. Maybe he can walk on.

The NFL, NBA, and MLB have 1st round busts every year and they deal with college educated adults-sort of. College recruiting deals with 18 and under kids who are as fickle, mature, and focused in some cases as that of a 10 year old school girl with her first crush. Recruiting is a crap shoot, political, favoritism driven, and not very close to an exact science.

Jason Gwaltney was a 5 star recruit with offers from east to west. Scooter Berry was what a 1 or 2 star guy with limited offers that most thought were based largely on who his half brother was. Who turned out to be the better 1/2 brother? Not really debatable.

Owen Schmitt got overlooked by everyone. Dewey McDonald got his WVU scholarship offer pulled the night before signing day but still played in the NFL. Jahlille Addae got his scholarship ripped by that lying ass overrated SOB some call Doc while he was in route to MoTown (found out while he was in Charlotte NC from his brother Jahmille) but he just finished his 5th year with the Chargers and in 2017 signed a 4 year 22.5 MILLION $$$$ contract ($8 million guaranteed) and had near 100 tackles with San Diego.

The list gets bigger all the time and the story NEVER changes. Heck Carl Lee played 11+ years in the NFL and was an ALL PRO yet not worthy of a scholarship to WVU, only Marshall offered. Same was true 30+ years later with another South Charleston grad in Aaron Dobson. You can add a lot of other instate players and players within 150 miles of the 26505. Heck Darrell Green (greatest HOF corner ever imo) got missed by every major college in Texas but at 5'8" last 20 seasons in the NFL.

Anthony Becht had 1 totally phony offer from Deleware before WVU with Kirlav (I think) got Nehlen to agree to give a 6-4 170# soaking wet TE his only D1 offer. 5 years and 70+ # later he got drafted 1st round by the jets and spent 11 years in the NFL

It's why I take a lot of recruit rankings with a grain of salt. How many Five Star Torres end up playing like Half a Star Caretakers-The Longest Yard? Until you can see what is inside of someone you really don't know much-never will either.

Last edited:
Reactions: skygusty and JWG66
Recruiting ranks can be wrong. They are someone’s opinion. Owen Schmitt & Rich Braham Had no offers. T. Finau & Jason Gwaltney had more than a few. These services sometimes miss cause they aren’t good at assessing heart or citizenship.

I’d love to see NCAA grant an added scholly per year for an in state player that was in a program for a year or more. It could be used to soften losses of grad transfers and such. Think it would be interesting for fans too.

Citizenship?
Yeah, basically staying out of legal troubles (DUI, Drugs, Stealing) and attending class/being a decent student. There may be a better term but that's how I think of players that become ineligible for those kind of problems.

Mookie Collier.- 5'9 161 / 4.67 40 time
Tevin Bush - 5'8 170 / 4.56 40 time
Let us know when you become a recruiting expert.

Mookie Collier is taller than Tevin Bush and faster. Both are quick and shifty about equally. Tevin Bush is shorter and thicker.

Mookie deserves a WVU scholarship. Freak athlete.

there you are
making your opinion based on someone else's opinion,
while never watching a player play. ..

ps...i remember no one offered Major as a QB, except WVU...
just a thought

there you are
making your opinion based on someone else's opinion,
while never watching a player play. ..

ps...i remember no one offered Major as a QB, except WVU...
just a thought
Guess I just don’t get this thread. At the end of the day, none of this changes anything. The coaches make these choices and agree or not, Collier has options. This class is basically full except for CB. If Collier could grow about 5” & put on about 15 lbs & play CB, there would be something of merit to consider. L. Brown is the RB for this class. Done & end of story for me. I’m moving on.

It would be interesting for him to go Juco. If he has the right stuff he can go D1 at that point like Crawford did.

Reactions: Phil
ADVERTISEMENT