ADVERTISEMENT

MLB goes woke again

ThePunish-EER

All-American
Aug 19, 2005
Now combining Negro League records with MLB records. You can’t change history. You can only learn from it. I wonder if the woke mob also knows whites were not allowed to play in the Negro Leagues either? Eddie Klep broke the racial barrier and joined the Negro League as the first white player in 1946. Until that time Whites were not allowed to play in the Negro Leagues. Fact. Is there any point to all of this? Of course there is. The establishment wants to keep us divided

MLB goes woke again

Reactions: atlkvb
Now combining Negro League records with MLB records. You can’t change history. You can only learn from it. I wonder if the woke mob also knows whites were not allowed to play in the Negro Leagues either? Eddie Klep broke the racial barrier and joined the Negro League as the first white player in 1946. Until that time Whites were not allowed to play in the Negro Leagues. Fact. Is there any point to all of this? Of course there is. The establishment wants to keep us divided

MLB goes woke again

Josh Gibson and Satch should be recognized. Josh is the greatest ball player to ever play the game.

Why not? What type of pitching do you think Ty Cobb faced? Compare that to the type of pitching players are facing today. My point is that this is not unprecedented. Doesn't the NFL recognize the AFL stats?
Why do you assume Ty Cobb didn’t face top pitching? Unlike basketball and football, blacks are not dominating the sport of baseball. Clearly, the competition has been better since integration. There is no argument. The point is, you can’t assume and change history. It happened. Whites and blacks were segregated at that time and that’s just how it was. We’ve been integrated for 80 years. Why are we trying to change the past? Leave the Negro League records in the Negro Leagues. Leave the mlb records how they were integration or segregation. You can’t change history. There is no way to predict how Josh Gibson would’ve done. There’s no way to predict how Ty Cobb would’ve done in the Negro Leagues. There is plenty of people who witnessed Babe Ruth barnstorming against Negro League greats and he still dominated them. Supposedly Ruth hit a 500 foot homer off a young prime Satchel Paige. Then years later, 45 year old Satchel Paige won the AL rookie of the year in mlb. Final point….. Nobody knows

Reactions: Eagle25427
Why do you assume Ty Cobb didn’t face top pitching? Unlike basketball and football, blacks are not dominating the sport of baseball. Clearly, the competition has been better since integration. There is no argument. The point is, you can’t assume and change history. It happened. Whites and blacks were segregated at that time and that’s just how it was. We’ve been integrated for 80 years. Why are we trying to change the past? Leave the Negro League records in the Negro Leagues. Leave the mlb records how they were integration or segregation. You can’t change history. There is no way to predict how Josh Gibson would’ve done. There’s no way to predict how Ty Cobb would’ve done in the Negro Leagues. There is plenty of people who witnessed Babe Ruth barnstorming against Negro League greats and he still dominated them. Supposedly Ruth hit a 500 foot homer off a young prime Satchel Paige. Then years later, 45 year old Satchel Paige won the AL rookie of the year in mlb. Final point….. Nobody knows
Fair points.

Blacks aren’t dominating? Are you not considering those from the Dominican as “black” because they aren’t African-American?

And do you honestly believe that Ty Cobb faced pitchers throwing 90+ mph? No shot.

Blacks aren’t dominating? Are you not considering those from the Dominican as “black” because they aren’t African-American?

And do you honestly believe that Ty Cobb faced pitchers throwing 90+ mph? No shot.
Look up the numbers by race in mlb. Blacks are not dominating baseball.

And yes Ty Cobb did face pitching over 90mph. Lookup Walter Johnson

You’re actually showing in your posts that you may possess a belief that whites are inferior. Which unfortunately seems to be the current landscape of msm, universities, and liberals in general. Example: the current treatment of Caitlin Clark. To deny this is happening is intentional

Look up the numbers by race in mlb. Blacks are not dominating baseball.

And yes Ty Cobb did face pitching over 90mph. Lookup Walter Johnson

You’re actually showing in your posts that you may possess a belief that whites are inferior. Which unfortunately seems to be the current landscape of msm, universities, and liberals in general. Example: the current treatment of Caitlin Clark. To deny this is happening is intentional
1. So you are saying that Dominicans, or Cubans, are not "black"?

2. ONE guy. Today the AVERAGE fastball in MLB is 93.7 mph. I will guarantee you that the AVERAGE fastball during Cobb's time wasn't even approaching 85 mph. (Walter Johnson topped out at 91 mph. A munitions lab documented that)

3. I am not showing anything about whites/blacks . I'm just showing your obvious inability to see the truth.

And answer my question, are the AFL stats now included in the NFL record books?

Listen, I'm not wanting to argue about this. I just don't see a problem. Who cares? It's not a big deal.

Last edited:
1. So you are saying that Dominicans, or Cubans, are not "black"?

2. ONE guy. Today the AVERAGE fastball in MLB is 93.7 mph. I will guarantee you that the AVERAGE fastball during Cobb's time wasn't even approaching 85 mph. (Walter Johnson topped out at 91 mph. A munitions lab documented that)

3. I am not showing anything about whites/blacks anything. I'm just showing your obvious inability to see the truth.

And answer my question, are the AFL stats now included in the NFL record books?
Since you obviously cannot be truthful or look it up as I asked. I’ll provide the answer for you.

The percentage of white players in mlb is around 57%. Hispanics 31.9%. Blacks 7.7%. Asian/other 2.9%

Source:

More pitchers who threw estimated 90+mph

Amos Rusie
Cy Young
Smokey Joe Wood
Bob Feller
Christy Mathewson
Chief Bender
Lefty Grove

It goes on and on….

That is the truth. Sorry you cannot accept it.

Since you obviously cannot be truthful or look it up as I asked. I’ll provide the answer for you.

The percentage of white players in mlb is around 57%. Hispanics 31.9%. Blacks 7.7%. Asian/other 2.9%

Source:

More pitchers who threw estimated 90+mph

Amos Rusie
Cy Young
Smokey Joe Wood
Bob Feller
Christy Mathewson
Chief Bender
Lefty Grove

It goes on and on….

That is the truth. Sorry you cannot accept it.
So, do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that the pitching velocity in the early 1900's is the same as it is today? Do you think the AVERAGE fastball was close to 90 mph?

In 2002 the average fastball was 88 mph. In 20 years it has jumped to 93.7 mph.

EDIT: And you are dodging another question. Are the AFL stats now included in the NFL record books?

So, do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that the pitching velocity in the early 1900's is the same as it is today? Do you think the AVERAGE fastball was close to 90 mph?

In 2002 the average fastball was 88 mph. In 20 years it has jumped to 93.7 mph.

EDIT: And you are dodging another question. Are the AFL stats now included in the NFL record books?
Again, you’re assuming. You don’t know that. First of all, they didn’t have radar guns. Again it’s estimated. Secondly I dodged nothing. My original post said “unlike football and basketball, blacks are not dominating baseball”. At no point did I mention anything about the NFL or AFL.

Again, you’re assuming. You don’t know that. First of all, they didn’t have radar guns. Again it’s estimated. Secondly I dodged nothing. My original post said “unlike football and basketball, blacks are not dominating baseball”. At no point did I mention anything about the NFL or AFL.
So then you are going against your own argument with all the guy you "assume" threw north of 90 mph. :joy:

I'm talking precedents. When Jackie Robinson integrated baseball, the negro leagues was basically finished and were consumed by MLB. Basically, it became a "merger".

EDIT: Are you against former Negro League players being inducted in to the Hall of Fame?

So then you are going against your own argument with all the guy you "assume" threw north of 90 mph. :joy:

I'm talking precedents. When Jackie Robinson integrated baseball, the negro leagues was basically finished and were consumed by MLB. Basically, it became a "merger".
No I didn’t assume. This is documented from historians that spoke to former players from that time period. People who watched the games. Played in them etc. You’d be better off admitting ignorance.

No I didn’t assume. This is documented from historians that spoke to former players from that time period. People who watched the games. Played in them etc. You’d be better off admitting ignorance.
Radar gun confirmed? NOPE. Then it's "assuming". The only way to "document" the speed of their fastballs is to clock it. Getting players to say "yeah he threw 95" isn't going to cut it as proof. And you know that.

Are you against Negro League players in the Hall of Fame?

Last edited:
Radar gun confirmed? NOPE. Then it's "assuming". The only way to "document" the speed of their fastballs is to clock it. Getting players to say "yeah he threw 95" isn't going to cut it as proof. And you know that.

Are you against Negro League players in the Hall of Fame?
Not wasting anymore time with your nonsense flip flopping around and exposed for thinking white players are inferior.

Not wasting anymore time with your nonsense flip flopping around and exposed for thinking white players are inferior.
Nonsense? Nah. You refused to answer a key question about the Hall of Fame. And you want to say that "documented proof" is someone saying "yeah, he was throwing 95", when you know that can't be the way of determining anything.

Nonsense? Nah. You refused to answer a key question about the Hall of Fame. And you want to say that "documented proof" is someone saying "yeah, he was throwing 95", when you know that can't be the way of determining anything.
No you were proven wrong on every turn. I didn’t refuse to answer anything. Typical liberal who ignores facts when proven wrong and comes back with unrelated questions of their own to switch subjects. My original post address my point clearly. I presented factual linked evidence to show you were wrong on the current topic and support what I stated. You have a problem with white athletes and feel they are inferior. Your posts prove that. I don’t care about the topics you presented regarding AFL, NFL etc. I made no mention of Negro League players in the HOF either. You may find someone interested in debating those separate topics, but that has nothing to do with my topic

No you were proven wrong on every turn. I didn’t refuse to answer anything. Typical liberal who ignores facts when proven wrong and comes back with unrelated questions of their own to switch subjects. My original post address my point clearly. I presented factual linked evidence to show you were wrong on the current topic and support what I stated. You have a problem with white athletes and feel they are inferior. Your posts prove that. I don’t care about the topics you presented regarding AFL, NFL etc. I made no mention of Negro League players in the HOF either. You may find someone interested in debating those separate topics, but that has nothing to do with my topic
Proven wrong? Please explain. (And don't use the "documented" crap you tried earlier because that was hilarious.And if you do, then I'm sure I can find "documented" proof of the average fastball in 1920)

1. Negro League players, Hall of Fame worthy?
2. Has other leagues adopted stats from other leagues?

Proven wrong? Please explain. (And don't use the "documented" crap you tried earlier because that was hilarious.And if you do, then I'm sure I can find "documented" proof of the average fastball in 1920)

1. Negro League players, Hall of Fame worthy?
2. Has other leagues adopted stats from other leagues?
To be clear, Josh Gibson has been in the MLB HOF since 72 when Jackie Robinson died. All they did was pull the stats over from the Negro Leagues.

Me personally? I don’t see the big deal. I understand the counter-arguments both for and against. This doesn’t bother me at all.

To be clear, Josh Gibson has been in the MLB HOF since 72 when Jackie Robinson died. All they did was pull the stats over from the Negro Leagues.

Me personally? I don’t see the big deal. I understand the counter-arguments both for and against. This doesn’t bother me at all.
It doesn’t bother me either. Don’t see the reason some are crying about it. My point is if they put Negro League players in the MLB hall of fame then accepting their stats had already been established.

It doesn’t bother me either. Don’t see the reason some are crying about it. My point is if they put Negro League players in the MLB hall of fame then accepting their stats had already been established.
If the Negro League was under the MLB umbrella, it makes sense for its players to be in the HOF. If it is not, the MLB HOF might as well induct Mark Spitz and Mary Lou Retton too. I've never been to any HOFs but does the NFL HOF induct Arena League and Canadian League players who never played in the NFL?

As for the stats, combining the stats for different leagues is just as silly as including that Clark chick from Missouri in the men's basketball statistics.

It's just more nonsense in the name of affirmativ.......I mean diversity.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
If the Negro League was under the MLB umbrella, it makes sense for its players to be in the HOF. If it is not, the MLB HOF might as well induct Mark Spitz and Mary Lou Retton too. I've never been to any HOFs but does the NFL HOF induct Arena League and Canadian League players who never played in the NFL?

As for the stats, combining the stats for different leagues is just as silly as including that Clark chick from Missouri in the men's basketball statistics.

Dolly Parton is in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.....along with Tupac, Jimmy Buffett, Chet Atkins, etc.. Just saying. :joy:

The Negro League is umbrella under MLB. When Jackie broke the color barrier, and more began being allowed to play in MLB, the Negro Leagues started to fold up.

It's really not a big issue, but some want to make it something that it is not.

Last edited:
Dolly Parton is in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.....along with Tupac, Jimmy Buffett, Chet Atkins, etc.. Just saying. :joy:

The Negro League is umbrella under MLB. When Jackie broke the color barrier, and more began being allowed to play in MLB, the Negro Leagues started to fold up.

It's really not a big issue, but some want to make it something that it is not.
Got it. Justifying stupid behavior by pointing out the stupidity of others. I see moron Defendants in traffic court trying to justify their speeding because others were speeding too. Just dumb.

If the league was part of MLB, they should be in. The statistical comparisons should be separate though.

It must be a big deal for the people who decided to change the stats, otherwise they wouldn't have pushed for it. I just like laughing at the stupidity in the name of diversity.

Got it. Justifying stupid behavior by pointing out the stupidity of others. I see moron Defendants in traffic court trying to justify their speeding because others were speeding too. Just dumb.

If the league was part of MLB, they should be in. The statistical comparisons should be separate though.

It must be a big deal for the people who decided to change the stats, otherwise they wouldn't have pushed for it. I just like laughing at the stupidity in the name of diversity.
Not justifying anything. Just providing examples that show precedent. I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm a hardcore baseball guy.

Not justifying anything. Just providing examples that show precedent. I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm a hardcore baseball guy.
Right. The RNR Hall of Fame inducted outsiders so it makes perfect sense for others to follow suit. That is justifying the decision by pointing out previous stupidity. The "precedent" is your justification.

I agree, it isn't a big deal ...... except to those who pushed for the change. I am not surprised you don't criticize those who thought it was a big enough deal to lobby for the change. This is a reoccurring pattern.

Right. The RNR Hall of Fame inducted outsiders so it makes perfect sense for others to follow suit. That is justifying the decision by pointing out previous stupidity. The "precedent" is your justification.

I agree, it isn't a big deal ...... except to those who pushed for the change. I am not surprised you don't criticize those who thought it was a big enough deal to lobby for the change. This is a reoccurring pattern.
No, just think it's funny reading the "anti-woke" people go woke and push for more "cancel culture" against the other cancel culture.

I agree, it’s absolutely nonsense. Let’s step back for a second and look at it from a basic principle.

They never played in the league, but we’re gonna use and compare their stats from a different league to players who did participate in this league rankings.

Should we include the homicide rate in England with our homicide rate in the United States?

I was never allowed to play in mlb. But I batted .473 as a 12 year old in my little league. I guess I’m now the alltime highest batting average in mlb. Move over Josh Gibson

I agree, it’s absolutely nonsense. Let’s step back for a second and look at it from a basic principle.

They never played in the league, but we’re gonna use and compare their stats from a different league to players who did participate in this league rankings.

Should we include the homicide rate in England with our homicide rate in the United States?

I was never allowed to play in mlb. But I batted .473 as a 12 year old in my little league. I guess I’m now the alltime highest batting average in mlb. Move over Josh Gibson
See, you’re wrong, again. Using poor examples. You WERE/ARE allowed to play in MLB, unlike Josh Gibson. You didn’t because you weren’t good enough.

And for someone who is anti-woke, you are really woke about this.

Edit: By the way, MLB actually formally absorbed the Negro Leagues from 1920-1948 back in 2020. So this is a dead issue. This is no different now than the NFL-AFL merger.

Last edited:

Negro League players have been in the MLB HOF for damn near 50 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT