ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon situation demonstrates the complete impotence of the NCAA

Her left hand is on his right shoulder....and she gives a weak slap with her right PALM.

Again, so what?

OK ... so I watched it again... and I think you are right ... her left hand touches his shoulder. But I have no idea how weak or strong her slap was.

I'm just trying to understand how he can enter the plea he entered. And you pull out your best flaming douchebag attack mode.

Upon closer examination it appears she didn't try to choke him I am further mystified by this plea.

Darth ... you have some understanding here or are you just going to continue an a-hole?

OK ... so I watched it again... and I think you are right ... her left hand touches his shoulder. But I have no idea how weak or strong her slap was.

I'm just trying to understand how he can enter the plea he entered. And you pull out your best flaming douchebag attack mode.

Upon closer examination it appears she didn't try to choke him I am further mystified by this plea.

Darth ... you have some understanding here or are you just going to continue an a-hole?

How strong could an open palm slap from a 110 lbs, college girl possibly be?

Worst case scenario it leaves a red mark.

Reactions: CAK125
Mixon didn't instigate this situation, nor did he strike the woman until after he began walking away and she struck him twice in the chest and then slapped him hard, at which time he retaliated.

That what she did isn't even being discussed shows how far society has degraded.

Mixon may need some counseling, but the female in the incident needs it more than he does.
His life and/or career shouldn't be over as some of you seem to crave.
The 6 ft 1' 225 lb wrecking ball shoulda walked away no matter what she did, or how often ....whether or not she needs help. His career /life ain't over Buck...

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An Alford plea (also called a Kennedy plea in West Virginia, an Alford guilty plea, and the Alford doctrine) in United States law is a guilty plea in criminal court, whereby a defendant in a criminal case does not admit to the criminal act and asserts innocence. In entering an Alford plea, the defendant admits that the evidence the prosecution has would be likely to persuade a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The Supreme Court ruled that the defendant can enter such a plea "when he concludes that his interests require a guilty plea and the record strongly indicates guilt". The Court allowed the guilty plea with a simultaneous protestation of innocence only because there was enough evidence to show that the prosecution had a strong case for a conviction, and the defendant was entering such a plea to avoid this possible sentencing. The Court went on to note that even if the defendant could have shown that he would not have entered a guilty plea "but for" the rationale of receiving a lesser sentence, the plea itself would not have been ruled invalid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT