ADVERTISEMENT

Mike devising a master plan to send the Spurs running

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
back to the Alamo with their tails between their legs! What a pleasure to watch a great coach at work!

Does anyone but you watch the NBA ? I can enjoy watching any college basketball game but the NBA is boring.

Does anyone but you watch the NBA ? I can enjoy watching any college basketball game but the NBA is boring.
Playoffs are interesting, IMHO...see some amazing players on display! Besides the Reds are tough to watch again this season probably end up 15 below .500.

I buy the NBA League Pass every season, watch almost every Lakers' game, and became a Purple & Gold fan during Magic's rookie season of 1979-80. Unfortunately, I have had no reason to watch the Playoffs for four years now. LOL I'm also a lifelong Reds' fan, Tony. The Reds will suck for another 2-3 years, at least.

Reactions: CAK125
I'm a Spurs fan going back to the days of Artis Gilmore and George Gervin. With that said, even though I've experienced a lot of success being a fan of the team, I have to say that the NBA is simply unwatcheable for me anymore. Thankfully, Pops runs a team that's not like most of the others. It's still a team game in SA.

I buy the NBA League Pass every season, watch almost every Lakers' game, and became a Purple & Gold fan during Magic's rookie season of 1979-80. Unfortunately, I have had no reason to watch the Playoffs for four years now. LOL I'm also a lifelong Reds' fan, Tony. The Reds will suck for another 2-3 years, at least.
Yeah, I like some of the younger players but bad contracts ( Votto, Bailey) are just crippling the rebuilding process , IMHO!

I'm a Spurs fan going back to the days of Artis Gilmore and George Gervin. With that said, even though I've experienced a lot of success being a fan of the team, I have to say that the NBA is simply unwatcheable for me anymore. Thankfully, Pops runs a team that's not like most of the others. It's still a team game in SA.
Man, The " A train" and the " Ice man"...you're taking me back! Popovich probably the best coach on the planet.

Yeah, I like some of the younger players but bad contracts ( Votto, Bailey) are just crippling the rebuilding process , IMHO!
Yep, and that's why it was stupid for the Reds to decide to rebuild. Bailey and Mesoroco timed up their contracts perfectly: Each got handed a ton of money, and have hardly played ever since. Last year, the Reds' bullpen was historically horrible. This season, the Reds are running out the worst starting staff in MLB. Bailey and DeSclafani aren't expected to be back before July, so it's going to be a very long season.

Yep, and that's why it was stupid for the Reds to decide to rebuild. Bailey and Mesoroco timed up their contracts perfectly: Each got handed a ton of money, and have hardly played ever since. Last year, the Reds' bullpen was historically horrible. This season, the Reds are running out the worst starting staff in MLB. Bailey and DeSclafani aren't expected to be back before July, so it's going to be a very long season.
Those two stay hurt...and probably just a matter of time before Devon's hips go out, not much of a market for catcher with bad hips. I'm also starting to wonder if Hamilton will ever hit big league pitching, he's the fastest player in MLB but like the old adage says " you can't steal first base'.

back to the Alamo with their tails between their legs! What a pleasure to watch a great coach at work!

All while his brother Dan is running analytics on the tendencies of pro teams while scouring the hills and hollers of WV to stock his MU team.........lmao

All while his brother Dan is running analytics on the tendencies of pro teams while scouring the hills and hollers of WV to stock his MU team.........lmao
Some of those kids from the hills and hollers can flat out shoot the ball...if they miss the ball rolls down the hill. Hahahahahahahaha

Some of those kids from the hills and hollers can flat out shoot the ball...if they miss the ball rolls down the hill. Hahahahahahahaha

Maybe so, but that doesn't fare too well when it comes to making the Big Dance. Kids gotta play defense in college ball, a concept Doctrine Dan has yet to grasp. Maybe he should run some analytics on that instead of studying the NBA

Maybe so, but that doesn't fare too well when it comes to making the Big Dance. Kids gotta play defense in college ball, a concept Doctrine Dan has yet to grasp.
No doubt our defense was poor last year...but conversely one cannot live and die just ball hawking the opponent. If WVU shot the ball better, would have made a much deeper run in the dance. 'Zags were ripe to get beat by the Mounties but the boys couldn't throw the ball in the ocean!

Those two stay hurt...and probably just a matter of time before Devon's hips go out, not much of a market for catcher with bad hips. I'm also starting to wonder if Hamilton will ever hit big league pitching, he's the fastest player in MLB but like the old adage says " you can't steal first base'.
Billy is too stupid to be a good hitter. Watch how many times that he strikes out or pops out. He should always hit the ball on the ground, but thinks that he's the Second Coming of Babe Ruth, but at half of the Babe's playing weight.

Billy is too stupid to be a good hitter. Watch how many times that he strikes out or pops out. He should always hit the ball on the ground, but thinks that he's the Second Coming of Babe Ruth, but at half of the Babe's playing weight.
Well, he was the hero last night...but your point is correct. Billy needs to hit down on the ball and be MUCH more selective when he swings. No dishonor in taking a walk!

I love watching the Reds beat the Pirates. I never liked the Bucs, but root hard against them now because so many Fold & Blew fans are on the Pirates' bandwagon. Raise my crank and suck it, Pitysburgh fans!

[banana]

I love watching the Reds beat the Pirates. I never liked the Bucs, but root hard against them now because so many Fold & Blew fans are on the Pirates' bandwagon. Raise my crank and suck it, Pitysburgh fans!

[banana]
The Bucs don't seem to have much talent to me...I know Marten is hurt but once you get past MaCutheon not much to fear!

Do you mean, Marte? He's Will Grier II, suspended 80 games for PEDs use, but not injured. Both 3B David Freese and 2B Adam Frazier are on the D.L. Josh Harrison plays well against the Reds because he's from Cincinnati, and played for the Bearcats, but other than he and "Cutch," who is past his prime, Sh!ttsburgh's lineup is weak. The Pirates' pitching isn't bad, though, and better than the Reds' staff, especially the starters.

Do you mean, Marte? He's Will Grier II, suspended 80 games for PEDs use, but not injured. Both 3B David Freese and 2B Adam Frazier are on the D.L. Josh Harrison plays well against the Reds because he's from Cincinnati, and played for the Bearcats, but other than he and "Cutch," who is past his prime, Sh!ttsburgh's lineup is weak. The Pirates' pitching isn't bad, though, and better than the Reds' staff, especially the starters.
We need to sweep the Bucs while we got 'em at less than full strength!

Not happening. The Reds' starting pitching without Bailey, DeSclafani, and Finnegan is a train wreck. At least one of the clowns who will be starting the next three games vs. the Pirates will get lit up like a Christmas tree.

Not happening. The Reds' starting pitching without Bailey, DeSclafani, and Finnegan is a train wreck. At least one of the clowns who will be starting the next three games vs. the Pirates will get lit up like a Christmas tree.
Hahahahahaha...what, no confidence in Bronson Arroyo? A slow curve and a slower curve!

Goldilocks Arroyo pitched Sunday, so he won't pitch in this four-game series vs. Pittsburgh.

Goldilocks Arroyo pitched Sunday, so he won't pitch in this four-game series vs. Pittsburgh.
He doesn't throw hard enough to tire his arm...could " pitch" everyday! Hahahahhha...but laugh or cry , we certainly have problems in the starting rotation. Not sure Homer will ever be back!

Flipped on the NBA last night and saw Mike's team down by 30+ pts, in game 7.
It was actually Game 6, but glad to see my Spurs put a beat down on Houston. Harden looked like he had spent some time with Doc's brother prior to the game. What the hell...

Would have loved to them win the series. I will watch how I type to avoid the lilt in the future.
Well, they were a complete no show last night...probably no chance with the Warriors anyway! Rockets very similar to the Herd on the defensive side of the court!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT