ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan...

Bell...I agree with some of your assessment. Bottom line: both are great coaches with different styles and approaches to winning. Just have to laugh when some folks laugh at the achievements of former WVU coaches and downplay their achievements. It is not "either or". Proud of the fact that WVU have had both icons as basketball head coach. Thanks for a level headed response to my post...unusual by some on this forum.

No reason to incivil. I agree that folks are disingenuous or lacking objectivity in assessing John Beilein's coaching career at both WVU and UM. WVU would be in great hands had he stayed and it's not an egregious sin that he did not want to stay at WVU. Like I said, I think using legalese to wiggle out of his buyout wasn't an upstanding thing to do. He wanted the bigger payday to keep coaching WVU, but in exchange for that he was expected to pay for an early exit in the buyout. This "I don't owe the buyout because you guys got a good coach to replace me," was not explicitly in the contract. He shouldn't have signed for the bigger pay day if he wasn't going to honor the buy out should a better opportunity come along. Outside of that, I think he earned his paycheck from WVU and did not owe the school loyalty.

Bell...I agree with some of your assessment. Bottom line: both are great coaches with different styles and approaches to winning. Just have to laugh when some folks laugh at the achievements of former WVU coaches and downplay their achievements. It is not "either or". Proud of the fact that WVU have had both icons as basketball head coach. Thanks for a level headed response to my post...unusual by some on this forum.
Not really sure there are many on here that don't respect him. He did a great job righting the ship and left for another opportunity. False narrative on your part when you think about it.

I think he earned his paycheck from WVU and did not owe the school loyalty.

Actually your comment is bigger than Beilein IMO. All this contract crap and overpaid jock tenders is an issue. No one seems to keep their word much in sport anymore. Shame. Make everything year to year and based on results combining success on the field and student success in the classroom. The cream will rise to the top and near bluebloods like WVU will cease being a high pay training ground for others. Guaranteed contracts and structured buyouts are bullshit that ends up costing everyone money while delivering mediocre results. Again my opinion. BTW: Thanks for the civil discussion.

So Vernon...how was my post a shot at the Mountaineers? I spent more time with WVU sports than you can dream of btw. Being a WVU fan doesn't mean trashing former coaches or blaming losses on the moon and the stars. Come on now man.

Stay off V's ass little one...don't even think about unleashing his Blue Lot soldiers on your sorry ass...

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Beilein is a great coach.

It did take him a while to win at Michigan. I believe his first season was their worst in school history & he had to redo his staff or he would've been ousted. His assistants brought in some top recruits & they started winning.

I don't think they have faced any team higher than a 6 seed in this tournament & they needed missed FTs & a hail mary to advance by them.

BUMP for MichiganHerd to post his two cents...if he can stop crying long enough, that is.

BUMP for MichiganHerd to post his two cents...if he can stop crying long enough, that is.
Not crying at all, but simply trying to point out how dumb you and a couple other posters come across. Something like this: You STFU. no, I told you STFU first. Don't reply after me. No, you don't reply after me. You STFU. No, you STFU. Stop replying. No, you stop replying. I posted in this thread 1st. No, I posted 1st.

There's other forums available for you to make an ass out of yourself. Woodshed, Off-Topic. I'm here to obtain solid information from a hand full of posters - Greg Jacobs, Colorado, Rootmaster, etc.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Not crying at all, but simply trying to point out how dumb you and a couple other posters come across. Something like this: You STFU. no, I told you STFU first. Don't reply after me. No, you don't reply after me. You STFU. No, you STFU. Stop replying. No, you stop replying. I posted in this thread 1st. No, I posted 1st.

There's other forums available for you to make an ass out of yourself. Woodshed, Off-Topic. I'm here to obtain solid information from a hand full of posters - Greg Jacobs, Colorado, Rootmaster, etc.

Damn, I'm only an etc. I need more effort...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rootmaster

You're sobbing like an infant, and contributing nothing of substance to this thread. Sorry, but I'm not going to tolerate it when other posters troll me on this board. I bumped this thread, so that you would have the opportunity to discuss Michigan, but you'd rather cry, I guess.

I bumped this thread, so that you would have the opportunity to discuss Michigan, but you'd rather cry, I guess.
I don't mind discussing Michigan, but there's a time and place for everything. Unfortunately for you, a WVU forum is likely not the ideal spot to discuss Michigan, or in your case, Ohio State. You should know your place at all times. The audience here likely doesn't give a rat's ass about either school. Would you prefer the WVU posters go over to the Ohio State forums and discuss Eer football or basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT