ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan...

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
is now 32-7 and moving on to the Final Four. That's odd since so many folks on this forum have spent a lot of energy trying to convince the rest of us that the former WVU coach who is now HC there wasn't very good...and Michigan was over rated...that Press would take them down etc. Well now we can all watch them in the finals and see for ourselves lol. Hey talmadgeer...what is your rational for this outcome?

Last edited:
is now 32-7 and moving on to the Final Four. That's odd since so many folks on this forum has spent a lot of energy trying to convince the rest of us that the former WVU coach who is now HC there wasn't very good...and Michigan was over rated...that Press would take them down etc. Well now we can all watch them in the finals and see for ourselves lol. Hey talmadgeer...what is your rational for this outcome?
So you work in a little shot at WVU to make your point. Nice move. :rolleyes:

is now 32-7 and moving on to the Final Four. That's odd since so many folks on this forum has spent a lot of energy trying to convince the rest of us that the former WVU coach who is now HC there wasn't very good...and Michigan was over rated...that Press would take them down etc. Well now we can all watch them in the finals and see for ourselves lol. Hey talmadgeer...what is your rational for this outcome?

Go to the Michigan board if you love them so much.......that guy is not our coach.....and his win was not against Villanova.......

Reactions: Blackdiamonds
It’s not WVU’s fault. Beilein chose to leave for his own reasons. We would’ve gladly kept him. We were fortunate to have both beilein and Huggins. Put Huggins at Michigan and you’ll see the same result. Just be happy.

It’s not WVU’s fault. Beilein chose to leave for his own reasons. We would’ve gladly kept him. We were fortunate to have both beilein and Huggins. Put Huggins at Michigan and you’ll see the same result. Just be happy.
Master of his Root can’t be Happy
He loves to stir the shit pot then wonders why it stinks
He loves to accuse everyone of settling for mediocre, mediocrity.
His favorite word.
Must suck to be miserable.
I sure his “friends” love to see him coming

Reactions: ChattanoogaEER

Are you forgetting Loyola-Chicago?

Only you give a shit about michigan. It's coached by a guy who was here a god damn decade ago and used WVU as a stepping stone the moment he set foot on campus. michigan has one of the biggest budgets in the country and an international name brand. He beat a 14, 6 (lucked out to win), 7, and 9 to reach the Final Four. You want to degrade WVU making the Sweet 16 by beating a 12 and 13? michigan's run is only slightly more impressive.

Only you give a shit about michigan. It's coached by a guy who was here a god damn decade ago and used WVU as a stepping stone the moment he set foot on campus. michigan has one of the biggest budgets in the country and an international name brand. He beat a 14, 6 (lucked out to win), 7, and 9 to reach the Final Four. You want to degrade WVU making the Sweet 16 by beating a 12 and 13? michigan's run is only slightly more impressive.

I'm going out on a limb and saying you weren't on the debate team.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I'm going to unequivocally say you weren't given your inability to counter my statement and instead relying on a snarky response.

Just seems a few here can’t analyze hoops because of the homer effect but I think most see JB as a great coach. The reality is WVU has had some fine basketball coaches over the year. But I agree the homers add virtually no value and ruin thread after thread.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I agree with you for the most part, but Michigan's cake walk over Texas A & M was damned impressive. I'm not sure that anybody would have beaten Michigan that night.
They shot lights out and were fortunate A&M played horribly. Apart from that, any team in the country would have killed for a similar to the path to the FF.

Unless you're at the top then every job is potentially a stepping stone.

So you work in a little shot at WVU to make your point.

So Vernon...how was my post a shot at the Mountaineers? I spent more time with WVU sports than you can dream of btw. Being a WVU fan doesn't mean trashing former coaches or blaming losses on the moon and the stars. Come on now man.

Master of his Root can’t be Happy
He loves to stir the shit pot then wonders why it stinks
He loves to accuse everyone of settling for mediocre, mediocrity.
His favorite word.
Must suck to be miserable.
I sure his “friends” love to see him coming

Yes sir Doog, you sure do sound mature, intellectual and educated. too funny.

The run stops Saturday. Get use to this.......Michigan and Big Ten playing in 8 days for a Natty.
It’s not like Loyola has been so impressive. They’ve beaten nobody to get to the final four. I think it’s a tossup.

It’s not like Loyola has been so impressive. They’ve beaten nobody to get to the final four. I think it’s a tossup.

They’ve obviously beaten a legit Top team in Virginia and a solid KSU team. But your more right than you think.

A Michigan thread. Just what I was looking for on a Monday morning after the Mountaineers were eliminated from the 16

Oh Well.

Thanks for posting, Rootmaster. Michigan also advanced to hockey's version of the final four over the weekend as well, the Frozen Four, as did two other B1G teams.

is now 32-7 and moving on to the Final Four. That's odd since so many folks on this forum have spent a lot of energy trying to convince the rest of us that the former WVU coach who is now HC there wasn't very good...and Michigan was over rated...that Press would take them down etc. Well now we can all watch them in the finals and see for ourselves lol. Hey talmadgeer...what is your rational for this outcome?

Nobody here gives a shit.

Who said he wasn't good? I have exes that were good but so what, they left I moved on and **** you. Bet you couldn't wait ya little troll.

Belien is a great coach. He took over a lucky to make NCAA tournament every few years type program to one with a chance every year. We paid him for a job and he did that job well. Felt it wasn't upstanding for him to use legalese to try and mitigate his buyout when he signed that contract knowing he would take a better opportunity at first chance. Not egregious, but not noble either. All that being said ... no way he has the success here that he has had with Michigan. Huggs is a better coach for WVU because Belien would not have his current athletes at WVU and his best post seasons were not as good Huggs. Bottomline ... who gives a shit about some fans who malign Belien for whatever reason AND you are wrong if your sentiment is that Belien is much better than Huggins as WVUs basketball coach.

Belien is a great coach. He took over a lucky to make NCAA tournament every few years type program to one with a chance every year. We paid him for a job and he did that job well. Felt it wasn't upstanding for him to use legalese to try and mitigate his buyout when he signed that contract knowing he would take a better opportunity at first chance. Not egregious, but not noble either. All that being said ... no way he has the success here that he has had with Michigan. Huggs is a better coach for WVU because Belien would not have his current athletes at WVU and his best post seasons were not as good Huggs. Bottomline ... who gives a shit about some fans who malign Belien for whatever reason AND you are wrong if your sentiment is that Belien is much better than Huggins as WVUs basketball coach.

giphy.gif

Hey Bell...it might be that you can't get the guy's name right lol. It is John Beilein....not Belien. Kind of makes your "authority statement" funny.

The coach's name should be "Beeline," as that was what he did to Ann Arbor, as soon as Michigan offered him the job.

Hey Bell...it might be that you can't get the guy's name right lol. It is John Beilein....not Belien. Kind of makes your "authority statement" funny.

Forgive my spelling error. Your error is misconstruing what I said with an "authority statement". A statement of authority is what CFE does. Presenting statement of fact and then validating with "I'm an expert because I used to be a sports writer." I postulate that Beilein, while a good coach, never did and was likely to not ever get the talent he has at Michigan to come to WVU. His overall resume at WVU was in no way better than Huggins in post season play at WVU. I think Huggins gets more out of the talent he can bring to WVU than Beilein did with his and the Final Four team is an example. So, those are my reasons for the opinion that while a good coach, Beilein is not definitively better than Huggins and very likely would not have the same success he's had in Ann Arbor had he stayed at WVU.

Last edited:
Bell...I agree with some of your assessment. Bottom line: both are great coaches with different styles and approaches to winning. Just have to laugh when some folks laugh at the achievements of former WVU coaches and downplay their achievements. It is not "either or". Proud of the fact that WVU have had both icons as basketball head coach. Thanks for a level headed response to my post...unusual by some on this forum.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT