ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Herd! For your eyes only ( tOSU also has clearance)...........................

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
I coming right back on WVU this Saturday in spite of the Mounties letting us down last Saturday! Texas Tech is only nominally better than KU in my book and 3 is way down from the 22.5 we laid last week. Hell, Red Raiders need a miracle to beat Houston Baptist, imagine if they had been playing the Methodists! Let's GOOOOOOO MOUNTANEEEERRRRRRSSSSSS!

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

I wouldn't bet ON or AGAINST Texas Tech, Tony. The Red Raiders' quarterback is making his first start for Texas Tech, but has played better than the regular starter. If he is given adequate time in which to throw, then Texas Tech has a good chance to win this game. If not, then the Old Fold & Blew will prevail.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

I wouldn't bet ON or AGAINST Texas Tech, Tony. The Red Raiders' quarterback is making his first start for Texas Tech, but has played better than the regular starter. If he is given adequate time in which to throw, then Texas Tech has a good chance to win this game. If not, then the Old Fold & Blew will prevail.
I saw the replacement in the waning minutes against KSU when the Wildcats had the game won. The back up looked about 20 pounds overweight to me but he did move them against the KSU scrubs. Football wagering is inherently dangerous but no Red Raiders for me although I fully recognize that WVU is also a deeply flawed team!

Tony, I've just about given up on the Mounties to pull anything out for me, when it comes to placing hard-earned dough on them. I'm looking at the Michigan game, and that ones tough to figure out, since you never know how first games will go, but Michigan is now spotting Minnesota 3 in their house, and I was kind of liking the Gophers when they were spotting Michigan 2 1/2. Michigan fans must have put too much money on the game, when getting 2 1/2. That, or the experts know more than either of us know. I'm thinking Gophers by 10 points Saturday night, with an experienced QB, and an All American wide receiver. No fans allowed, so that's the only thing Michigan may have going for them on the road at night. I've also heard rumors that Covid may cause a few Gophers to have to sit out, but Coach Row the Boat isn't releasing any names, so that makes me think it could be a few of their better players, if true. I think I'll pass on this one.

B1G season is likely going to fall flat at some point. Their conference rules on Covid are going to wreck the season for a few teams. Players have to sit out 21 days if they test positive. That's 3 games in a nine game season.

Tony, I've just about given up on the Mounties to pull anything out for me, when it comes to placing hard-earned dough on them. I'm looking at the Michigan game, and that ones tough to figure out, since you never know how first games will go, but Michigan is now spotting Minnesota 3 in their house, and I was kind of liking the Gophers when they were spotting Michigan 2 1/2. Michigan fans must have put too much money on the game, when getting 2 1/2. That, or the experts know more than either of us know. I'm thinking Gophers by 10 points Saturday night, with an experienced QB, and an All American wide receiver. No fans allowed, so that's the only thing Michigan may have going for them on the road at night. I've also heard rumors that Covid may cause a few Gophers to have to sit out, but Coach Row the Boat isn't releasing any names, so that makes me think it could be a few of their better players, if true. I think I'll pass on this one.

B1G season is likely going to fall flat at some point. Their conference rules on Covid are going to wreck the season for a few teams. Players have to sit out 21 days if they test positive. That's 3 games in a nine game season.
I kind of like the Gophers in that spot! I like Miami, KSU and Memphis as well...I'm on a mission to cash against KU! Hahahahhh

Your skepticism of Texas Tech seems to be well founded, Tony. I heard yesterday that Texas Tech is a woeful 2-15 in its last 17 Big 12 games. Having stated this, Texas Tech's only road win in it's last 17 conference games was a blowout over the Old Fold & Blew in Morganhole last season, so there's that.

Your skepticism of Texas Tech seems to be well founded, Tony. I heard yesterday that Texas Tech is a woeful 2-15 in its last 17 Big 12 games. Having stated this, Texas Tech's only road win in it's last 17 conference games was a blowout over the Old Fold & Blew in Morganhole last season, so there's that.
My resolve on WVU covering is weakening but I am convinced of Tech ineptness...tough game to bet!

Tony will need a "Go Fund Me" account, if he keeps betting on the Old Fold & Blew.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tony will need a "Go Fund Me" account, if he keeps betting on the Old Fold & Blew.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Do you have a spare room, willing to earn my keep cut grass, rake leaves. take the cars to be serviced and such! You can tell your friends the sad story of my financial demise, " poor guy, he trusted the Mounties".

Well, I was 100% wrong once again, so I'm going to lay off on prognostications for a few weeks. Minnesota had the right side of their line out on Saturday, and it showed. Worse yet, their punter was out, so they trotted out some guy that looked like he belonged more in a bowling league. Seems to me one of those athletes on an 85 player roster could have served as a decent punter. He reminded me of this friend of mine who served as our punter my senior year of high school. I think he averaged about 30 yards per boot, but the net punt was closer to 15 yards. I always told our coach we were better to just toss a 35 yard interception on 4th downs, or better yet, just going for it.

Well, I was 100% wrong once again, so I'm going to lay off on prognostications for a few weeks. Minnesota had the right side of their line out on Saturday, and it showed. Worse yet, their punter was out, so they trotted out some guy that looked like he belonged more in a bowling league. Seems to me one of those athletes on an 85 player roster could have served as a decent punter. He reminded me of this friend of mine who served as our punter my senior year of high school. I think he averaged about 30 yards per boot, but the net punt was closer to 15 yards. I always told our coach we were better to just toss a 35 yard interception on 4th downs, or better yet, just going for it.
I ended up going 1-1-1, obviously lost on WVU but thought about not playing them and playing the Gophers at home instead getting a couple of points so would have lost either way, finally cashed betting against KU as State routed the hapless Jayhawks and got a push laying 12 with Memphis. I thought Michigan looked much improved from last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT