ADVERTISEMENT

MIchigan: For your eyes only................................

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
if the MU Head Coaching job were suddenly to come open after the 2017 season, what would your thoughts be on RichRod coming to Huntington? Personally, I'd have to ponder on the concept a while but couldn't reject it out of hand.

Well, the first thought would be the cousins would be in total shock, and would immediately revert back to disingenuous excuse #14, which would be 'RichRod has our Playbook'...albeit, from 2005.

Well, the first thought would be the cousins would be in total shock, and would immediately revert back to disingenuous excuse #14, which would be 'RichRod has our Playbook'...albeit, from 2005.
Hahahahahahahahahahah but I'm still shock and ashamed for the horrible way they treated Rich and Rita!

Not only that, but the cousins even went as far as having their kids taunt and bully poor little Rhett, forcing him out of his grade school. Shameful act by our pals 'up north'.

Not only that, but the cousins even went as far as having their kids taunt and bully poor little Rhett, forcing him out of his grade school. Shameful act by our pals 'up north'.
They should immediately bestow on little Rhett a made up MBA as compensation for that cowardly act ..but we well know how much sand they have up there and what a degree from up there is worth.

Hahahahahahahahahahah but I'm still shock and ashamed for the horrible way they treated Rich and Rita!

Rita..........is that you ?

Maybe you've forgotten a little about how crooked Dickrod is........... I can refresh your memory.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/dec/28/sports/sp-newswire28

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-rich-rodriguez-sued-former-agency/581741001/

https://fansided.com/2017/08/17/rich-rodriguez-hit-230000-lawsuit-delinquent-bills/

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/News/201211090199

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/post-2/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378060-wvu-football-ncaa-probe-lighter-meet-couch

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-f...odriguez-of-same-violations-at-west-virginia/

DickRod has screwed over nearly everyone he's ever had dealings with. I hope he does end up with Marshall. You deserve one another.

Last edited:
FIne example of a WVU alumnus!

So now you've resorting to lumping all WVU graduates to Dickrod status on one hand and on the other hand hoping that he'd be your next coach when JJ gets his way. Why am I not surprised ? We both know you'd cream your jeans if Dickrod took the Marshall job.

So now you've resorting to lumping all WVU graduates to Dickrod status on one hand and on the other hand hoping that he'd be your next coach when JJ gets his way. Why am I not surprised ?
I'm shocked at all the vitriolic attitude toward Rich, Rita and Rhett. All they wanted to do " spot the ball" and have the boys " play like their hair's on fire". What a shame you boys wouldn't honor his contract and provide the tools he needed to be successful at WVU!

I for one, will root for RichRod tomorrow night as he takes on Utah! He may never get over the shabby treatment he received at the hands of the Cousins as they turned on one of their own!

I'm now convinced that you are either Rita or maybe one of his Rodriguez relatives still in Marion County. As a member of his family, tell me, does he still wear a bag over his head to hide his identity whenever he comes back for a family visit ? Or have they banished him from even coming around...........

I'm now convinced that you are either Rita or maybe one of his Rodriguez relatives still in Marion County. As a member of his family, tell me, does he still wear a bag over his head to hide his identity whenever he comes back for a family visit ? Or have they banished him from even coming around...........
Shame on you Buzz, turning on a fellow WVU alum! What did RichRod ever do up there except clean up the mess that Ol' Don left him!

Shame on you Buzz, turning on a fellow WVU alum! What did RichRod ever do up there except clean up the mess that Ol' Don left him!

You can have him. I would imagine he will do well at a place where following the rules has never been part of the problem (remember mops for props ?)

Tonycried, to address your OP...

Based on the reaction of your old pal, Buzz, I'm thinking the acquisition of Coach Rod isn't going to go over well with the cousins. Once jilted, always jilted.

I can still recall the cousins marching over to the Wolverine boards, and causing quite the stir back in 2009. Eventually, they were laughed off the board, and the remaining few went into hiding after Coach B schooled Huggy Bear in a non-conference hoops game played in Brooklyn, NY.

Based on the reaction of your old pal, Buzz, I'm thinking the acquisition of Coach Rod isn't going to go over well with the cousins..........

Quite the contrary. If you had read the entire thread you'd have seen where I said it's a perfect fit. I actually hope you get him as your next HC. You need a coach who will do whatever it takes to win at school with a proven history that rules don't apply to them. Here's one link

- http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/articles/issue29/ready.html

One excerpt "....It all culminated when the university was suspended indefinitely from the MAC, it's punishment for committing more than 140 recruiting violations. It wasn't uncommon for a recruit or a Marshall player back then to find money in an envelope under his plate after finishing a meal, says former Marshall football player Nate Ruffin..........If you needed certain things they'd look out for you Ruffin says.

Then we have this gem from a few years later -

https://wvrecord.com/stories/510594654-their-view-marshall-cheating-scandal-resurfaces-on-pruett

An excerpt - "The NCAA busted Marshall in 2001 for a series of rules violations, including academic fraud and a scheme where players were paid four times the prevailing wage for jobs with a firm owned by mega wealthy and ultra personable Marshall booster Marshall Reynolds...........Former players Sam Goines and Charlie Tynes swore they were paid $25 an hour.........well above the going rate for menial labor.......Pruett told them that if they wanted to play they had to sign statements saying they were paid $12.50, not $25..........The school was required to have no association with Reynolds for five years ( the very instant the five years was up, the school welcomed it's big time benefactor back with open arms )..........Pruett guided certain players to a particular physical education class where they were guaranteed to get A's............the questionable payments to players started under Coach Jim Donnan and continued under Pruett, with players even picking up their checks at the football office........ "

If Doc Holliday has proven anything in his time at Marshall it's that you can win there if you try to do it the right way. Like I said, given Dickrod thinking rules and laws don't apply to him, and Marshall's decades long history of breaking rules - DickRod and Marshall is a match made in heaven.

Last edited:
if the MU Head Coaching job were suddenly to come open after the 2017 season, what would your thoughts be on RichRod coming to Huntington? Personally, I'd have to ponder on the concept a while but couldn't reject it out of hand.
I'm sure that whopping 600k annual salary would entice him.

Based on the reaction of your old pal, Buzz, I'm thinking the acquisition of Coach Rod isn't going to go over well with the cousins. Once jilted, always jilted.

I can still recall the cousins marching over to the Wolverine boards, and causing quite the stir back in 2009. Eventually, they were laughed off the board, and the remaining few went into hiding after Coach B schooled Huggy Bear in a non-conference hoops game played in Brooklyn, NY.
They are obviously terrified of Rich returning to the Mountain State...what a shame they didn't treat him and his wonderful family better up there, he might still be winning games In Morgantown as the boys would play like their hair was on fire!

They are obviously terrified of Rich returning to the Mountain State...what a shame they didn't treat him and his wonderful family better up there, he might still be winning games In Morgantown as the boys would play like their hair was on fire!

You mean like Arizona is doing?

Quite the contrary. If you had read the entire thread you'd have seen where I said it's a perfect fit. I actually hope you get him as your next HC. You need a coach who will do whatever it takes to win at school with a proven history that rules don't apply to them. Here's one link

- http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/articles/issue29/ready.html

One excerpt "....It all culminated when the university was suspended indefinitely from the MAC, it's punishment for committing more than 140 recruiting violations. It wasn't uncommon for a recruit or a Marshall player back then to find money in an envelope under his plate after finishing a meal, says former Marshall football player Nate Ruffin..........If you needed certain things they'd look out for you Ruffin says.

Then we have this gem from a few years later -

https://wvrecord.com/stories/510594654-their-view-marshall-cheating-scandal-resurfaces-on-pruett

An excerpt - "The NCAA busted Marshall in 2001 for a series of rules violations, including academic fraud and a scheme where players were paid four times the prevailing wage for jobs with a firm owned by mega wealthy and ultra personable Marshall booster Marshall Reynolds...........Former players Sam Goines and Charlie Tynes swore they were paid $25 an hour.........well above the going rate for menial labor.......Pruett told them that if they wanted to play they had to sign statements saying they were paid $12.50, not $25..........The school was required to have no association with Reynolds for five years ( the very instant the five years was up, the school welcomed it's big time benefactor back with open arms )..........Pruett guided certain players to a particular physical education class where they were guaranteed to get A's............the questionable payments to players started under Coach Jim Donnan and continued under Pruett, with players even picking up their checks at the football office........ "

If Doc Holliday has proven anything in his time at Marshall it's that you can win there if you try to do it the right way. Like I said, given Dickrod thinking rules and laws don't apply to him, and Marshall's decades long history of breaking rules - DickRod and Marshall is a match made in heaven.

Is wvu still on probation? I know y'all have been on probation twice since MU was last. I'm asking because I don't know if you're still on probation.

Is wvu still on probation? I know y'all have been on probation twice since MU was last. I'm asking because I don't know if you're still on probation.

It was a slap on the wrist. Not like being thrown out of a conference or something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT