ADVERTISEMENT

Media World Continues To Change

HurdyGurdyEer

All-Conference
Aug 18, 2012
2-3 months ago there was conversation about ESPN possibly (in the future) instigating a new conference out of the current B12 teams and a few other teams (like Nebraska). The interesting angle was that broadcast revenue would be raised via internet streaming fees.

Today CBS announced that subscribers to CBS All Access ($5.99/mo) will now get to watch all CBS NFL games via streaming.

As the cable cutting revolution marches on ..... the sports media providers are adjusting to the market.

I'm a current DirecTV subscriber and I get a lot of channels I don't even watch.. I will NEVER deal with cable again. Service sucks in my area and the price is criminal.

I also may leave DirecTV. I'm looking at Dish's new service that's like $40 guaranteed for 2 years and it gives some choice of like 50 channels-stuff the subscriber likes.

2-3 months ago there was conversation about ESPN possibly (in the future) instigating a new conference out of the current B12 teams and a few other teams (like Nebraska). The interesting angle was that broadcast revenue would be raised via internet streaming fees.

Today CBS announced that subscribers to CBS All Access ($5.99/mo) will now get to watch all CBS NFL games via streaming.

As the cable cutting revolution marches on ..... the sports media providers are adjusting to the market.

This might also be in response to the AT&T streaming package - $35/per month...100 channels, including local channels.......except CBS.

Could be due to the streaming option.

I do not have Internet at my house. Just on my phone. That's why I'm looking at Dish. This year I've paid $66 a month and I have all I need and a bunch I don't. If I can get all that for cheaper with Dish I'll do it.

So, help me out here. My D-TV bill is outrageous. I have the NFL Sunday Ticket, though. Are you saying that you can watch any NFL game for only $5.99 per month????

That's what I have. Sling, Netflix and Hulu....so about $35 per month total.

Last year I paid for the add-on sport package, which gives me SEC Network, and a couple extra espn channels (espn news and espn U I think).

I just checked and saw they are offering FS1 now too.

They give me NFL Sunday ticket every year to renew for just 1 year and I paid $65 this past contract, and I get the Direct TV sports package channels included of interest all espn except classic, SEC network, B1G network, FS1, FS2, NFL Network, + MLB, NBA, Golf, NHL and I don't even watch none of the "+ ......".

I have it on 2 TVs and I pay $65 a month. They also give me the 3 months every year at the start of the contract of the movie channels(HBO, MAX, SHO, TMC, Starz, Encore) for free. I hold out for the free BFL Sunday ticket (which I don't watch much) by threatening them with a 4 letter word - DISH. I learned that from someone else on here or another website who told me how to do it when the contract is about up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT