ADVERTISEMENT

McDougle

jlaudiomaster

All-Conference
Aug 4, 2004
What is going on with the football program?! This Mountaineer is hitting the panic button. It’s one thing to have a rash of transfers who aren’t contributing, but this one, IMO really hurts both with production and depth at an already thin position.

What is going on with the football program?! This Mountaineer is hitting the panic button. It’s one thing to have a rash of transfers who aren’t contributing, but this one, IMO really hurts both with production and depth at an already thin position.
Yes we have been talking about it since January on the Blue Lot. He's been unhappy for some time now and it was time to move on.

A kid who started as a true freshman shouldn't be transferring. Kid was a starter at a Power 5 school.

If it's truly because he doesn't want to play in a 3-3-5, then that is telling us something about him (i.e., me-first, gotta get mine, attitude). If so, then maybe it's addition by subtraction. We will manage. I hope it's because of that and not some underlying issue as to why 2 of our 3 DL starters left. Bruce Tall and Gibby seem like coaches that the kids like to play for.

Is it time to move one of the reserve OL to DL? Move Chase Behrndt back to DL?

Lot of Unhappy folks:frown:

If they don't wanna be at WVU, let them go. There are plenty of kids who won't whine and bawl, play their ass off and be honored to wear the jersey. Best of luck to the young man.

Yes we have been talking about it since January on the Blue Lot. He's been unhappy for some time now and it was time to move on.
Strange it was reported as a surprise to the coaching staff. I want this season to far exceed my expectations, but I’m definitely concerned, especially if the staff was truly surprised by this.

Strange it was reported as a surprise to the coaching staff. I want this season to far exceed my expectations, but I’m definitely concerned, especially if the staff was truly surprised by this.
Yeah I saw it mentioned on social media that it came as a surprise, it wasn't at all. He first talked to them about this in January and it's been a problem since then so it wasn't remotely a surprise. If it was they should get a Blue Lot membership since it's been talked about here on the board a lot.

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
I have heard McDougle reportedly wants to transfer to another program that runs a defensive scheme that will allow him to record more sacks. As the nose guard in West Virginia’s three-man front, his role was more about consuming blockers to free up other players to make tackles.

I have heard McDougle reportedly wants to transfer to another program that runs a defensive scheme that will allow him to record more sacks. As the nose guard in West Virginia’s three-man front, his role was more about consuming blockers to free up other players to make tackles.
Lol, that's what a nose does. There are very few NGs or systems that can get sacks from that position.

He was 5-9. Too short for NFL. He needs to get his degree. Anyways we need to completely get out of Florida. We could get better kids from WV and all of our border states. These Florida recruits are idiots nowadays. Self entitled punks or troubled....stop recruiting Florida.

He was 5-9. Too short for NFL. He needs to get his degree. Anyways we need to completely get out of Florida. We could get better kids from WV and all of our border states. These Florida recruits are idiots nowadays. Self entitled punks or troubled....stop recruiting Florida.

4dC1WMy.gif

sorry,
when I 1st saw him,
I was stunned with his size...or lack of

Utah smothered him on the
1st TD of the day...
ran right past him easily ...

this news is better for WVU...

hope Stills brothers work out,
but watching a 5-9 NT/DT would be painful

Problem is Our D-line is now shorter because of departures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT