ADVERTISEMENT

McCabe really needs to work on his defense,

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
Matthews Jr is good and will only get better with experience, Knapper is lost, and West is going to be good as well......

Matthews Jr is good and will only get better with experience, Knapper is lost, and West is going to be good as well......

I particularly liked the 3 times that West got back doored on defense. Yeah, he's gonna be good (He's a junior).

Knapper played well, didn't look "lost" at all.

Matthews Jr. played well, but is not even the same type of player as Wesley Harris to deserve more PT at this point.

Routt had a great role tonight.......on the bench......justifiably.

McCabe will be fine by the end of the season. I think he'll be an ideal point guard next season, with the experience of this season.

His ball-handling skills are good already, and will be outstanding as the season progresses. He made a behind-the-back pass to a teammate that reminded me of Hot Rod. His shooting skills are impeccable.

Next year the OP will be praising McCabe's point guard skills and bragging that he told everyone about it first.

We need not to grade the new kids on the level of JC and Miles.

Right now, McCabe offensively is slightly ahead of knapper, although I like knapper's ability to drive better than mccabe.
Mccabe has a better handle, better outside shot. Knapper and Mccabe seem about equal in passing, maybe slight edge to mccabe.
But, Knapper is a much better on-ball defender. Obviously, Mccabe's biggest weakness is his ability to guard in man to man- he has a hard
time keeping the guy in front of him. Mccabe is a hard worker, and with more work in the weight room, hopefully will get better on D.
I'm not sure about Haley. Interesting that Huggs started him last game, but he seems shakier with the ball - not sure he's suited to play PG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT