ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather-Pacquaio thoughts....

bornaneer

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
What are your thoughts on this fight? I don't see any way Pacquiao can hang with Floyd. Mayweather is far superior in all phases and Manny is nowhere the fighter he was 5 years ago.

I watched it at a friends house. It was a boring fight. If the fight had occurred 5 years ago I think its a different story. Mayweather did a lot of dancing and a lot of hugging and provided a few free headlocks and at least one low blow. This sums up the fight...

I watched it at a friends house. It was a boring fight. If the fight had occurred 5 years ago I think its a different story. Mayweather did a lot of dancing and a lot of hugging and provided a few free headlocks and at least one low blow. This sums up the fight...

Did you see any evidence of Manny's claim that he had a bum shoulder?

I didn't see any evidence but I could have missed it. At the end of the day Maywether probably had a solid strategy and executed it well. I guess I wanted to see a brawl.

Did you see any evidence of Manny's claim that he had a bum shoulder?

At one point in the 4th or 5th round he stunned Mayweather with a left, which backed Mayweather onto the ropes where Manny started to unleash a flurry of shots. Then all of the sudden he stopped, backed off Mayweather and allowed Mayweather to recover. We all thought WTF is he doing?

At one point in the 4th or 5th round he stunned Mayweather with a left, which backed Mayweather onto the ropes where Manny started to unleash a flurry of shots. Then all of the sudden he stopped, backed off Mayweather and allowed Mayweather to recover. We all thought WTF is he doing?

I don't know what he was doing. That actually happened at least one other time, where I thought he would get to Mayweather and then nothing else would happen. I felt like both guys got their pay day and didn't really want win or lose and so it looked like a sparring match.

I think boxing is dead.

What are your thoughts on this fight? I don't see any way Pacquiao can hang with Floyd. Mayweather is far superior in all phases and Manny is nowhere the fighter he was 5 years ago.
Anybody that would pay to watch boxing today is nuts. This is worse than the NBA

I don't know what he was doing. That actually happened at least one other time, where I thought he would get to Mayweather and then nothing else would happen. I felt like both guys got their pay day and didn't really want win or lose and so it looked like a sparring match.

I think boxing is dead.
I hope I can make $200 million at the next "dead" industry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT